I know, Rivaldo made a meel of it but that is not the issue (although I wouldn't mind if they start giving out cards for this kind of acting). The Turkish player committed an offense that warranted the redcard.
The red card was a fair punishment there. The player intentionally shot the ball against Rivaldo. If Rivaldo made it look like it hit him in the face doesn't change that.
Its the same with elbows and other types of offenses that warrant a direct red. If the ref misses it when its not on TV nothing will happen. If its caught on camera then a ban will be handed out.
To be fair it is not that difficult to argue that Banega is a better player then Jaidi. He's already played at a higher level then Jaidi (Champions League) and is only in his early twenties. Eventhough I agree with you that the work permit rules seem a bit random at times I don't think this case is very peculiar.
I think Australia would have a lot of difficulty getting a target of 250 on this wicket. Even if England fook this innings up they still have a decent chance of winning. In the end I think it will be the toss that decided this Test.