Saints 1 Palace 2 - Post Match

St Chalet

If the defender doesn’t pull Gabbiadini’s shirt then we equalize.

I totally agree that both Palace goals could have been avoided with better organization and football intelligence.

Note on the second goal how Steve Davis joins the defensive back line. He’s just come on and has left a massive hole.

Hoedt not starting was a huge loss and Jack Stephens has been found out.

However 2 decisions also haven’t helped.

And if their first goal is disallowed, we probably make a more defensive substitution. Could have changed the course of the game.

All what-ifs, but massive implications for us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And if their first goal is disallowed, we probably make a more defensive substitution. Could have changed the course of the game.

All what-ifs, but massive implications for us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What if Gabbi's goal in the cup final hadn't been scrubbed off, and we won 3-2 securing Europa league footie, Puel probably wouldn't have been binned off..........................

I presume this is your first season, wait until you have been supporting Saints for some years then you may understand.

Come on, we’re talking about the minute the second goal went it, people ****ed off. 10 minutes left, 2-1 down and they left. Same as Burnley and Leicester,pitiful. Even if I was watching 2 neutral teams on tv I wouldn’t switch off at 2-1 with 10 left. Let alone my own side. You can not tell me people who leave early, week in week out (and that’s how bad it’s become, I sit on the end of an aisle and see them), are supporters. The excuse used to be traffic, now it’s Shiite football, the real reason is they’re Shiite supporters, fickle. I can’t imagine the agony of walking away from the ground not knowing what’s happening behind me, listening to the noise of the stadium, thinking have we scored, was that close. Bunch of ****ing ****s. I’m not talking about staying and clapping the useless players off the pitch, I’m taking about staying to will your team on the last 10 mins, but also being so addicted to football that you can’t leave any game with the result in the balance. We’ve got too many that don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if Gabbi's goal in the cup final hadn't been scrubbed off, and we won 3-2 securing Europa league footie, Puel probably wouldn't have been binned off..........................

Then he'd have probably been sacked shortly after this season had started unless we saw a drastic difference in our play ! Winning things does not guarantee you a job the team he now manages will tell you that .

Just watched Arsenal v Chelsea, what a difference in attitude. Plenty of passing but midfielders and defenders high tempo, pouring forward 6 or 7 attacking in and around the penalty area. Our midfielders rather than joining in just sit back and watch. Time to ship a few out and get Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lamina supporting at least three forwards not three ball recyclers. Two full backs scored, hardly ever happens for us. Our full backs cross and watch rather than playing like player that wants to get in and score Our excuse for a manager needs to grow a pair and get his players battering the opposition as a team instead of slow possession for possessions sake, no runners and outnumbered up front.

Think he would still have been binned. Puel wasn't fired for the results (even though some of the football particularly 2nd half of the season was dire). Ralph went to great lengths in the interview saying how last season was a great success - you don't fire your manager if Chairman, and as they are all one team, presumably all the management/board/owner agreed? IMHO real reason was he refused to be a lap dog and probably demanded more support and investment this season. Hence the comments about he would have been kept on if he changed the style of play (what to the crap we play now??), and about MP fitting in with the culture of the club from the get go etc. etc.

Arrogant pr**ks want to run the show with a puppet on a string for the media, and good ol' Les would be on more tours and writing books on what a genius he is and discovered MoPo 2.

I am sure this is the reason Tuchel turned us down (wanted more/total control of the footballing side), and none of the names mentioned so far will tolerate that either, certainly not Martin O'Neil, Keane etc. Not a hope in hell. I am not entirely convinced we will replace the manager, and frankly there is no point unless Les and Co. change their attitude.

One final thought - if they got rid of Puel as a result of fan reaction, why is MP still here? Fan reaction to him is far far worse that it was for Puel?

Think he would still have been binned. Puel wasn't fired for the results (even though some of the football particularly 2nd half of the season was dire). Ralph went to great lengths in the interview saying how last season was a great success - you don't fire your manager if Chairman, and as they are all one team, presumably all the management/board/owner agreed? IMHO real reason was he refused to be a lap dog and probably demanded more support and investment this season. Hence the comments about he would have been kept on if he changed the style of play (what to the crap we play now??), and about MP fitting in with the culture of the club from the get go etc. etc.

Arrogant pr**ks want to run the show with a puppet on a string for the media, and good ol' Les would be on more tours and writing books on what a genius he is and discovered MoPo 2.

I am sure this is the reason Tuchel turned us down (wanted more/total control of the footballing side), and none of the names mentioned so far will tolerate that either, certainly not Martin O'Neil, Keane etc. Not a hope in hell. I am not entirely convinced we will replace the manager, and frankly there is no point unless Les and Co. change their attitude.

One final thought - if they got rid of Puel as a result of fan reaction, why is MP still here? Fan reaction to him is far far worse that it was for Puel?

Tuchel didn't want to come here because we are a small club and **** average, they didn't even get to the point where they spoke about levels of control. I hope that helps.

On the bright side (pinched from elsewhere) ...

League goals in this calendar year:

Shane Long - 1

Kane - 0

Ronaldo - 0

Messi - 0

Suárez - 0

Bale - 0

Benzema - 0

Neymar - 0

Griezmann - 0

Heskey - 0

Bendtner - 0

Akinfenwa - 0

Every single Bundesliga team - 0

Andy Carroll has scored 2 this year....

#MLG'd

Andy Carroll has scored 2 this year....

#MLG'd

We were talking about footballers...

I've only just risked coming on here. I'm not generally too much of a moaner but that was awful on Tuesday, compounded by the last train being cancelled _again_. What was he doing with those substitutions? Bertrand made about one run, towards the end as if to give us a reminder he was there. Lemina must be carrying an injury not to get on in those conditions which cried out for his physicality. Davis for JWP was just a swap and not for the better, in my opinion. And so on and so forth. A friend couldn't make it and I told her that there was a terrible feeling of inevitability about the whole sorry affair.

I have had time since Tuesday to reflect. I was as gutted, angry and worried as any Saints fan but let's not forget that we the fans are just as much part of the club as anyone and some of the comments and booings I heard at the end suggested to me that the fans have lost it as well as the players. After the equaliser we expected a reaction from the players. The fans didn't react either so we are as much to blame as the players. If we don't add any value to the team then why are we there. We look at other clubs including Palace where the fans just don't stop chanting/singing and that's why they have started to pull out of trouble. We are all to blame for this and changing the manager may be very dangerous considering the usual suspects are all taken.

Yeah, and if only the moon went round the earth in 14 days we'd have twice as many new moons and the werewolves would be out at midnight twice as often, and.................

We actually beat Crystal Palace because we can claim more 'if onlies' that they can. So let's change the points system - 4 for a win, 2 for a draw, 0.5 for a MOTD-approved If Only.