CB Situation

Dusic

An absolute ****show really. How this wasnt addressed in the summer is beyond me and if we get relegated it will ultimately be because of that.

Yoshida is so weak (and has never been a first choice PL CB for a good side) and Bednarek so utterly dreadful on the ball.

Our most common pass is probably Bednarek to Yoshida, because he just panics with the ball at his feet and takes the easy option.

Often feels like they **** themselves about giving the ball away so just put their teammate in trouble instead.

Vestergaard and Hoedt obviously havent worked.

Stephens shouldnt even be at the club.

Unfair to view Danso as a saviour but why sign him if he is 't better than we have.

The likes of Evans and Cahill are miles better than any of ours and were available for money we could probably have afforded.

Norwich aside, I don't think any of our CBs would get in other PL sides. Worrying.

Said it at the time (obviously got shot down by the likes of MLG), we should have signed Cahill.

A leader at the back, would have significantly improved us.

Honestly don’t know where we go from here

As stated already, all Chelsea goals happened on Benarek's side. Give Danso more opportunities an he will stabilize this side. His time will come.

Yes, I've not been that impressed by Bednarek lately. From what I saw of Harry Kane's goal for Tottenham Benarek glanced across at him and then left him unmarked.

Yes, I've not been that impressed by Bednarek lately. From what I saw of Harry Kane's goal for Tottenham Benarek glanced across at him and then left him unmarked.
He's been hidden in a back five whenever he's supposedly played well. In a back four, he's looked garbage. No pace, doesn't mark properly, loose in possession.

Obviously the caveat is that our defence has been horribly exposed time and again by a midfield that isn't fit for purpose - either going forward or tracking back - and I think lots of functional centre backs would struggle when having to face three on three counter attacks repeatedly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

He's been hidden in a back five whenever he's supposedly played well. In a back four, he's looked garbage. No pace, doesn't mark properly, loose in possession.

Obviously the caveat is that our defence has been horribly exposed time and again by a midfield that isn't fit for purpose - either going forward or tracking back - and I think lots of functional centre backs would struggle when having to face three on three counter attacks repeatedly.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

So in summary our goalkeeper is shaky, our back line is suspect and our midfield is sluggish?

Our CBs, especially Bednarek, are so bad on the ball that it really hampers us.

It takes us about 4 passes to move the ball to where others take 2 and allows the oppo to get back into shape.

Clearly we have been spoiled by recent CBs like Lovren, Fonte, Toby and VVD but no just for their actual defensive abilities.