1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Footballers in the Premiership earn crazy amounts of money for doing something most of us would do for nothing. Many of the people who help to pay their wages rely on food banks.

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe that that happens - genuine question!! - or are you using your food bank example as you seem to do for every point you make?

If there are 'genuinely' people paying £40, £50, £60 on a ticket to watch a football match AND relying on food banks, I'd have to question either their intellect / ability to budget for the important things in life (no, I don't think a ticket to a football match is more important than putting food on the table!!) or the set up of a food bank system that will allow someone to blow their money on a football ticket (or alcohol, drugs etc) knowing that it doesn't matter as there is 'free food' around the corner anyway!!!

If Labour had a remotely sensible front bench... and/or, even came out with a less bonkers manifesto, the Torys would be in real trouble.

Bojo and co just have go with the motions to beat that lot. Who’s fault is that? Not Tory voters but the morons who put Corbyn into power and keep him there. Some of who are on here and proud of it.

Won’t be long before jezza and co have been kicked to the back bench and Labour can be a proper party again. Just depends on the size of the Majority for the conservatives, for Labours next shout in Government.

I wouldn’t say that the Tory manifesto is any less bonkers given that they have told us for the last 9 years that there was no alternative to austerity and no magic money tree and now, guess what? They have found a magic money tree! All Johnson has going for him is the “Get Brexit Done” mantra. Sadly enough people think it is that simple and that it will all magically just fall into place because Johnson says it will that we will be stuck with him for 5 years. Karma for laughing at the Yanks voting in Trump I guess. Neither are great candidates for PM, but you have to wonder why people think that Corbyn is worse than Johnson. As I have said before, turkeys voting for Christmas.

If Labour had a remotely sensible front bench... and/or, even came out with a less bonkers manifesto, the Torys would be in real trouble.

Bojo and co just have go with the motions to beat that lot. Who’s fault is that? Not Tory voters but the morons who put Corbyn into power and keep him there. Some of who are on here and proud of it.

Won’t be long before jezza and co have been kicked to the back bench and Labour can be a proper party again. Just depends on the size of the Majority for the conservatives, for Labours next shout in Government.

I don't see how they will be locked to the backbenches. After the membership debacle, its now full to the brim with hard left momentum types who will just vote in the next leftist radical. I reckon they will end up forming a new party and leaving the Marxists to eat themselves.

I wouldn’t say that the Tory manifesto is any less bonkers given that they have told us for the last 9 years that there was no alternative to austerity and no magic money tree and now, guess what? They have found a magic money tree! All Johnson has going for him is the “Get Brexit Done” mantra. Sadly enough people think it is that simple and that it will all magically just fall into place because Johnson says it will that we will be stuck with him for 5 years. Karma for laughing at the Yanks voting in Trump I guess. Neither are great candidates for PM, but you have to wonder why people think that Corbyn is worse than Johnson. As I have said before, turkeys voting for Christmas.
Or maybe people in general aren't as gullible as you believe and simply believe that Boris is the lesser of two evils when faced with the horror show that is corbyn's labour? Novel idea I know. It must be so demoralising for people like you when the general public steadfastly refuse to vote the way you want them to, but rather than learning from the continual failure, the radical left answer is simply more of the same and sagging off the electorate. Then you wonder why they keep losing, look at the Democratic party tearing itself apart and they could well hand trump another term. Did they moderate their policies and appeal to the centre ground? Or have they gone more extreme and called everyone racist? If Labour lose this election then they could learn a lot about how not to deal with the fallout from the Democrats in the US.

Not Karl Marx but Karl McCartney

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50546353

Down with those evil globalists [emoji38]

Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?

Or maybe people in general aren't as gullible as you believe and simply believe that Boris is the lesser of two evils when faced with the horror show that is corbyn's labour? Novel idea I know. It must be so demoralising for people like you when the general public steadfastly refuse to vote the way you want them to, but rather than learning from the continual failure, the radical left answer is simply more of the same and sagging off the electorate. Then you wonder why they keep losing, look at the Democratic party tearing itself apart and they could well hand trump another term. Did they moderate their policies and appeal to the centre ground? Or have they gone more extreme and called everyone racist? If Labour lose this election then they could learn a lot about how not to deal with the fallout from the Democrats in the US.

Obviously we don’t know the result of this election yet, but given the majority of the country did not vote Tory in the last election, that gives quite a lot of weight to the people like me.

Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?

You didn’t like the alliteration with Karl Marx then? It’s in today’s news and I thought it would provide a bit of balance to Jamie’s (aka Guido Fawkes fluffer) usual schtick of regurgitating politicians moronic tweets and social media faux pas. Don’t see you complaining too much then pal.

Anyway keep banging on globalism and the globalists :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Obviously we don’t know the result of this election yet, but given the majority of the country did not vote Tory in the last election, that gives quite a lot of weight to the people like me.
A majority of the country didn't vote Labour or lib dem either. Your point only means something if you want the moral high ground, otherwise utterly pointless if you don't win power. It's like Hilary Clinton fans banging on and on about the popular vote.

This won’t find its way over the front pages of the right wing press though will it. Dom will have to lock Karl, Tommy and Katie away in the cellar with Jacob until after the election.

Did you see the tweets about a Labour candidate who has gone on record to ha e said she wished she could have gone out to Afghanistan to fight the allied (our) forces.

Guess that won’t make its way over the front pages of the Guardian or the Mirror

Did you see the tweets about a Labour candidate who has gone on record to ha e said she wished she could have gone out to Afghanistan to fight the allied (our) forces.

Guess that won’t make its way over the front pages of the Guardian or the Mirror

See. Like I said it happens accross the political spectrum. Weird that people would highlight it when the "side" they aren't on does it but ignore it from their own side.

This is right (what is wrong with me - I keep agreeing with Batman !!). It shows what can happen to a political party once the extremists get hold of the steering wheel.

The sad thing is that the same could easily happen / is happening to the Tories. Johnson's talk of "one nation Conservatism " is a joke as he leads his current bunch of right wing loonies. If they were to lose this election or the next one , God help the Conservative party which is currently infiltrated by the UKIP fruitcakes. They could easily become the unelectable opposition.

Let’s not pretend that more people are exposed to the front page of The Guardian and the Mirror than the Sun, the Express, the Mail, the Telegraph and the Times. By the way, there have been many articles in The Guardian giving Corbyn a hard time recently so he can only really rely on the support of one national newspaper.

See. Like I said it happens accross the political spectrum. Weird that people would highlight it when the "side" they aren't on does it but ignore it from their own side.

Fine-sounding words pal. It will probably cut Jamie’s contributions on here by half but let’s see if you can walk the walk from now on then :lol:

Fine-sounding words pal. Let’s see if you can walk the walk from now on then [emoji38]
Well I don't have a side but I don't think it's hard to find criticism of the right on here seeing as every instance is posted and forensically analysed by the usual suspects. I have no particular love for the conservatives but they are vastly preferable to Corbyn and his ilk. I'll be happy once their is a Labour party with decent moderate ideas that may allow me to vote for them again like I voted for Blair.

This is right (what is wrong with me - I keep agreeing with Batman !!). It shows what can happen to a political party once the extremists get hold of the steering wheel.

The sad thing is that the same could easily happen / is happening to the Tories. Johnson's talk of "one nation Conservatism " is a joke as he leads his current bunch of right wing loonies. If they were to lose this election or the next one , God help the Conservative party which is currently infiltrated by the UKIP fruitcakes. They could easily become the unelectable opposition.

Strip out Get Brexit Done and there is very little to appeal to those of the middle ground in the Tory Party as they lurch to the right and alienate the moderates.

Is this something that has been said recently or are your referring to a quote from Peymana Assad four years ago?

Strip out Get Brexit Done and there is very little to appeal to those of the middle ground in the Tory Party as they lurch to the right and alienate the moderates.
Well then presumably that will reflect in the results of the election? The way you carry on, you'd think that the Tories were 12 points behind and heading for a sound thrashing.

What complete and utter pony.

Brexit & Priti, other than that it’s pinko as ****. If you think the manifesto & fiscal plans are right wing, you’re deluded. If it wasn’t for Brexit, Gauke, Soubry, Hammond and all the other traitors would sign up for this. It’s nearer their vision for the party than The ERG’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just recently I was talking to a neighbour who said he usually voted Tory but wasn’t going to this time because he doesn’t like Johnson and thinks they have moved too far to the right. Only one person, but if a Tory says that perhaps your view that it is “pony” is not shared by other moderate Tories? I have no doubt that they will pick up votes from people who just want to see “Brexit done” (even though it will take years to finally sort it all out) but once Brexit is settled, let’s see where the Tory party stand then.

Just recently I was talking to a neighbour who said he usually voted Tory but wasn’t going to this time because he doesn’t like Johnson and thinks they have moved too far to the right. Only one person, but if a Tory says that perhaps your view that it is “pony” is not shared by other moderate Tories? I have no doubt that they will pick up votes from people who just want to see “Brexit done” (even though it will take years to finally sort it all out) but once Brexit is settled, let’s see where the Tory party stand then.
Or perhaps a personal anecdote isn't representative of the wider public? I predict that Tories after brexit will still be more popular than Labour if the continue with corbyn type policies.

Or perhaps a personal anecdote isn't representative of the wider public? I predict that Tories after brexit will still be more popular than Labour if the continue with corbyn type policies.

Is soggy trying to convince us or himself that Corbyn is going to be a success in a couple of week?

What complete and utter pony.

Brexit & Priti, other than that it’s pinko as ****. If you think the manifesto & fiscal plans are right wing, you’re deluded. If it wasn’t for Brexit, Gauke, Soubry, Hammond and all the other traitors would sign up for this. It’s nearer their vision for the party than The ERG’s.

"If the Labour and Liberal Democrat manifestos were notable for the scale of their ambitions the Conservative one is not. If a single Budget had contained all these tax and spending proposals we would have been calling it modest. As a blueprint for five years in government the lack of significant policy action is remarkable

In part that is because the chancellor announced some big spending rises back in September. Other than for health and schools, though, that was a one-off increase. Taken at face value today’s manifesto suggests that for most services, in terms of day-to-day spending, that’s it. Health and school spending will continue to rise. Give or take pennies, other public services, and working age benefits, will see the cuts to their day-to-day budgets of the last decade baked in".

Funny how these “ I was just talking to someone” stories always end up in agreement with the posters view. We never get “I was recently talking to someone” and the “someone” had a different opinion. If it did happen, and it’s a big if, your “neighbour” is also a frigging idiot. They are nowhere near “too far right” territory.

I freely admit I’m backing Boris because that’s the only way we get Brexit done. “Done” as in, not staying in. If Boris gets a majority, there’s no turning back, that’s why I’m backing him. But it’s a Cameron pinko type Government, nothing more. You’ve bought right into the Remoaners pony, think for yourself.

Is soggy trying to convince us or himself that Corbyn is going to be a success in a couple of week?

I really have no idea what is going to happen. Both of the main party leaders are clearly unliked by large sections of voters but I think that Johnson’s stance on Brexit might just swing it his way. Whether he gets a workable majority remains to be seen. There has been a huge surge in people registering to vote. For the sake of the NHS and a more humane future for this country, I hope that the surge represents a desire to keep Johnson out of no 10.

Funny how these “ I was just talking to someone” stories always end up in agreement with the posters view. We never get “I was recently talking to someone” and the “someone” had a different opinion. If it did happen, and it’s a big if, your “neighbour” is also a frigging idiot. They are nowhere near “too far right” territory.

I freely admit I’m backing Boris because that’s the only way we get Brexit done. “Done” as in, not staying in. If Boris gets a majority, there’s no turning back, that’s why I’m backing him. But it’s a Cameron pinko type Government, nothing more. You’ve bought right into the Remoaners pony, think for yourself.

So you don’t think that I have formed a view based on my conversation with him, along with articles I have read and other feedback in the media from other Tories who have also said that the party is lurching to the Right (including many senior and long standing party members)? Funnily enough Duckie, a great many people are saying the same thing. You have a view about your party. So do others, and it doesn’t mean that yours is the right one.

So you don’t think that I have formed a view based on my conversation with him, along with articles I have read and other feedback in the media from other Tories who have also said that the party is lurching to the Right (including many senior and long standing party members)? Funnily enough Duckie, a great many people are saying the same thing. You have a view about your party. So do others, and it doesn’t mean that yours is the right one.

In which way do you think the party is lurching to the right . Which policies?

Brexit isn’t a left/right issue, apart from Priti at HO in what way is this any further right than May or Cameron were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. If a future Labour Party comes up with some sensible proposals that are reasonable then I suspect they would get voted into government. Not sure that will happen any time soon though as I can't see how they are going to wrest control from the crazies. They will probably put a lipstick on a pig next by appointing Rebecca long bailey as leader and trying to sell similar policies in slightly nicer packaging. Hopefully the British public won't be fooled and we can eventually get a proper opposition worth voting for.

If Tony Blair came back into power in December what are these lovely New Labour policies that he would implement that you voted for?

The rich do contribute more, I doubt the richest 1% have ever contributed more to the overall tax take. According to the IFS they pay over a third of all income tax, and 42% of people don’t even pay any. That’s a hefty amount of tax whatever you lefties say.

Of course if lefties wanted a “fair” tax system, everyone would pay the same % of their salary. So they don’t want a fair system in the purest sense of the word. They want a system they deem as fair.

The divide between rich and poor is a complete and utter pointless measure. By that measure China was “fairer” 50 years ago, when nearly everyone was in poverty, than it is now, where millions have got a lifestyle their parents could only dream about. As the great lady once said “you don’t make poor people richer, by making rich people poorer”. That holds true today as it did then, and we’ll see what the great British public think next month.

You claim you’d pay a few more pennies on income tax to stop people waiting on trollies in hospital. Problem is, you’ll pay and they’ll still wait. If one Paul McCartney or one Harry Kane, or Alan Sugar ****s off abroad because of the tax rates, how many ordinary Joes will it take to make that up, thousands I’d have thought. Socialism doesn’t work. End of.

Why did Maggie tax high earners at 60% then?

You are part of the problem as to why we have an appalling opposition

HTH

No you are with all your lying Guido Fawkes bullsh*t.

Edit, also, answer the question please. What are these middle ground policies that you "reluctant Tories" (lol) are all crying out for?

Brexit isn’t a left/right issue, apart from Priti at HO in what way is this any further right than May or Cameron were.

Why do you think so many ex Tory politicians think that their party has been “hijacked” and moved to the right? You seem to think this is something I have made up but it is coming from your own party members. Alt Right supporters such as Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins are supporting Johnson. You discount comments from people like Hammond because they are “Pinkos. ” Why have moderates either left the party by their own will or be forced out if the party wasn’t moving in a direction they were not happy with? The Labour Party has moved further left since Corbyn became leader. The Tories have moved further right since Johnson/Cummings became leader. You constantly say yourself that the “pinkos” i.e. moderates, are being kicked out of the party.

If Tony Blair came back into power in December what are these lovely New Labour policies that he would implement that you voted for?
Tony Blair won three elections, something that corbyn could only dream of abd really its the only thing that matters. You probably don't remember that period as you wouldn't have been old enough to vote so I don't need a lecture about New Labour from you.

No you are with all your lying Guido Fawkes bullsh*t.

Edit, also, answer the question please. What are these middle ground policies that you "reluctant Tories" (lol) are all crying out for?

A rebadged New Labour with a personable and moderate leader whose a good orator would clean up at this election if brexit were not a factor. That's a fact.

Tony Blair won three elections, something that corbyn could only dream of abd really its the only thing that matters. You probably don't remember that period as you wouldn't have been old enough to vote so I don't need a lecture about New Labour from you.

Lol you've been calling me too young since 2006,must be getting senile.

A real politicians answer though, ignoring the question. What these centre ground policies that you would vote for that the current Tories and Labour aren't proposing?

Why do you think so many ex Tory politicians think that their party has been “hijacked” and moved to the right? You seem to think this is something I have made up but it is coming from your own party members. Alt Right supporters such as Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins are supporting Johnson. You discount comments from people like Hammond because they are “Pinkos. ” Why have moderates either left the party by their own will or be forced out if the party wasn’t moving in a direction they were not happy with? The Labour Party has moved further left since Corbyn became leader. The Tories have moved further right since Johnson/Cummings became leader. You constantly say yourself that the “pinkos” i.e. moderates, are being kicked out of the party.
Purely and simply because Boris represents the best chance at brexit occurring. Many on the right of the party also support brexit so they support Boris to get that done. All the rest is just noise.

You were asked for specific policies and evidence of a rightward move, and you provided none. You just waffled on & on.

I can’t work out whether you’re on a wind up, or genuinely don’t understand. The only way you can describe Boris as on the right of the party is if your ignorant enough to consider Brexit a left/right issue.

You mentioned Hammond, in what way is Javid’s chancellorship to the right of his, or Osborne’s come to that.

I could give you a dozen policies that show Corbyn is to the left of Ed Milliband, you don’t seem to be able to provide one which shows Boris to the right of May. If there had never been a referendum Boris would be considered a “moderate”, a classic Tory wet, just like Gauke, Soubry and the others you soft arsed lefties have fell in love with. You’ve got a case of Brexit deranged syndrome.

****ing hell, talk about clutching at straws.

The great lady reduced the top rate to 60% from 83%, before being brought down to 40%. To try and take that 60% figure as a justification of higher rates is laughable.

She was also a firm advocate of the customs union.

You were asked for specific policies and evidence of a rightward move, and you provided none. You just waffled on & on.

I can’t work out whether you’re on a wind up, or genuinely don’t understand. The only way you can describe Boris as on the right of the party is if your ignorant enough to consider Brexit a left/right issue.

You mentioned Hammond, in what way is Javid’s chancellorship to the right of his, or Osborne’s come to that.

I could give you a dozen policies that show Corbyn is to the left of Ed Milliband, you don’t seem to be able to provide one which shows Boris to the right of May. If there had never been a referendum Boris would be considered a “moderate”, a classic Tory wet, just like Gauke, Soubry and the others you soft arsed lefties have fell in love with. You’ve got a case of Brexit deranged syndrome.

What are you on about??

Johnson has only been in government for 5 minutes ... and those were spent in Parliamentary recess and him losing votes in Parliament. Ask about the difference between Javid and other chancellors once they have got their feet under the table.

#fruitcake

Not once have I said that Brexit is a left/right issue.

The phrase “high jacked by the right” has been mentioned by Tory MPs.

Johnson says and does whatever he needs to in order to be the leader of the Conservative Party and Prime Minister.

Moderates from your party have been culled.

Let’s see what happens if Johnson manages to get a working majority but I think you and Wes will be delighted with the way the new Government pan’s out.