JP in Daily Mail

miserableoldgit

The more I hear from that guy, the more I like him.

You can see how he would motivate a team.

My favourite bit was "But if you lose and learn why you lose, it will make you better. It will make you a winner in the end. Don't hide yourself".

I think the youngsters most of all will understand that idea of playing without fear. That's something which can only come with youth and inexperience.

Indeed, that and the next line were the highlights for me, and it's something our fans need to remember aswell as our young players.

There will be setbacks. But it's important to remember that they will ultimately help us improve, so don't get too frustrated or annoyed... get behind them and believe in what is happening.

This guy really has won me over. If Lowe keeps his nose out of first team affairs that don't concern him, we might have un-earthed a real gem of a manager...

Yes, add me to the list of converts. I didn't want Nigel to go - but JP has carved his own niche and is offering something fresh and quite original.

This guy really has won me over. If Lowe keeps his nose out of first team affairs that don't concern him, we might have un-earthed a real gem of a manager...

No, not 'we might', but Rupert Lowe 'will have' unearthed a real gem of a manager. Credit where credit is due!

No, not 'we might', but Rupert Lowe 'will have' unearthed a real gem of a manager. Credit where credit is due!

indeed...I have read that rupert and jan have been in contact for a couple of years..

I also believe that this was the set up lowe wanted before he gave in to the pressure to bring burley in....

Indeed, that and the next line were the highlights for me, and it's something our fans need to remember aswell as our young players.

There will be setbacks. But it's important to remember that they will ultimately help us improve, so don't get too frustrated or annoyed... get behind them and believe in what is happening.

It is so difficult not to get carried away, the guy oozes confidence and totally believes in what he is doing. We have some great technicians in the kids in order to achieve it.

My one hope for the season is that we stuff the lumbering bullies at Watford by 5 or 6!!!

Watching him on the touchline just encouraging giving precise instructions - I remember talking to Drew Surman about Buley's arm waving and he said that half the time nobody knew who he was talking to. I would love this team to achieve great things this season but if they continue to play with the Saints spirit not many will attack them for it.

Interesting article, didn't realise he was the Gemmill mug. The thing that I noted in the article was the bit below:

His name is not familiar to English football fans and it's fair to say his appointment was not well received by all supporters at St Mary's - some swiftly dubbed him and assistant Mark Wotte the Dutch Donkeys

Now I know not everyone was pleased at his appointment, me included, and there were many insults bandied around, but I really cannot recall anyone ever referring to them as Donkeys. I'm sure these journos just make this stuff up.

I don't recall anyone calling them that at all. There were reservations aplenty but if anything the anger at the time was purely vented at Lowe and co, and it was recognised that JP and Wotte weren't to blame for anything.

Interesting article, didn't realise he was the Gemmill mug. The thing that I noted in the article was the bit below:

His name is not familiar to English football fans and it's fair to say his appointment was not well received by all supporters at St Mary's - some swiftly dubbed him and assistant Mark Wotte the Dutch Donkeys

Now I know not everyone was pleased at his appointment, me included, and there were many insults bandied around, but I really cannot recall anyone ever referring to them as Donkeys. I'm sure these journos just make this stuff up.

Me neither. Perhaps it was just one supporter. That would be enough for the Daily Mail to be off on one of their fantasies.

I think that this came from the Echo website. Some **** kept posting comments to every Saints related story which consisted of "Lowe out and take those Dutch Donkeys with you". WUM, Skate, mentalist or combination of the 3 I think.

Its good to see the press giving some attention to Saints, even if it is only the on-line version of The Mail. One of the great things about JP is his willingness to be frank and open in his comments, something that came through in the interview. It was also interesting to see his prescence in the technical area at the Blackpool game, and to be able to see that the players have respect for him. His body language showed how he felt when players got things wrong, so although he supports them in public, there is little doubt that he tells them as it is in private.

I admit I was aghast when he was appointed, but he is slowly winning me over, everything he has said so far I have agreed with. I just hope Rupert, and the fans, give him the time he admits he needs. Perhaps Rupert has learnt from his previous mistakes?

Its good to see the press giving some attention to Saints, even if it is only the on-line version of The Mail. One of the great things about JP is his willingness to be frank and open in his comments, something that came through in the interview. It was also interesting to see his prescence in the technical area at the Blackpool game, and to be able to see that the players have respect for him. His body language showed how he felt when players got things wrong, so although he supports them in public, there is little doubt that he tells them as it is in private.

It was actually in the paper itself.

I admire his dedication, and have no not doubt that he's sincere, but he seems to be living in the past and is clinging to football methodology from the previous century.

Not a bad methodology to cling to, though (provided it works).

It is so difficult not to get carried away, the guy oozes confidence and totally believes in what he is doing. We have some great technicians in the kids in order to achieve it.

My one hope for the season is that we stuff the lumbering bullies at Watford by 5 or 6!!!

Watching him on the touchline just encouraging giving precise instructions - I remember talking to Drew Surman about Buley's arm waving and he said that half the time nobody knew who he was talking to. I would love this team to achieve great things this season but if they continue to play with the Saints spirit not many will attack them for it.

Err, probably that new signing Jack someone...hmmm who was it now... oh yeah, Daniels..

He is a poor mans Glenn Hoddle, we have settled for second best in a second best league when we could have had the best in the best league.

Still, a minority of vocal fans knew best didn't they ?

Seriously will you give it a rest, it's got to the point it's pathetic. Every single post. And just for the record it was the directors, not the fans that rejected him .....oh and also for the record, he had his chance in the championship, spent a wedge, did fook all and got the sack........even Mick Mcarthy is making him look like a mug with what he is doing with them.

Im just glad you dont teach my kids.....your lessons must be thrilling

He is a poor mans Glenn Hoddle, we have settled for second best in a second best league when we could have had the best in the best league.

Still, a minority of vocal fans knew best didn't they ?

I'm starting to think that you and Scooby are actually the same person.

Just garbage trolling on the same sh i t e every other day just with a slightly different object of masterbation.