League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very accurate and astute report as always but in your bit about the referee and also the key contributions from Che you forgot to mention the assault on him in the first half right in front of the linesman who did actually sweet fanny Adams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spot on Glen thanks for making me feel better in that I am a diehard STH who made a rare but conscious decision not to go based on the 3 previous home games and the fact it was live on Sky which I had already paid for.

So I have missed three home games this season and guess what? We have won them all. Life is not always fair!

On 17/01/2023 at 04:03, L1Minus10 said:

"Everton line up the wall and as JWP draws back his right foot to shoot, Mykolenko decides to try and head towards the post and all that does is completely confuse Pickford and the ball flies over the wall, over Mykolenko and into the net whilst Pickford stands there looking round the other side of the wall."

That's a good point you make about Mykolenko moving and confusing Pickford. I wonder if it's why Pickford didn't move i.e. JWP was lucky, and if he did move, would he have saved it?

• Like 1

Just now, Singapore Saint said:

"Everton line up the wall and as JWP draws back his right foot to shoot, Mykolenko decides to try and head towards the post and all that does is completely confuse Pickford and the ball flies over the wall, over Mykolenko and into the net whilst Pickford stands there looking round the other side of the wall."

That's a good point you make about Mykolenko moving and confusing Pickford. I wonder if it's why Pickford didn't move i.e. JWP was lucky, and if he did move, would he have saved it?

I think the defender going to the post was planned, just the ball moved quicker than the defender as he had a Saints player alongside him and so he couldnt move too soon

13 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I think the defender going to the post was planned, just the ball moved quicker than the defender as he had a Saints player alongside him and so he couldnt move too soon

Yup - it's something that we are going to need to try and block I think, as it worked very well the other week, can't remember which game, a defender moved to the line, and it completely confused JWP and he stuck it miles over. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yup - it's something that we are going to need to try and block I think, as it worked very well the other week, can't remember which game, a defender moved to the line, and it completely confused JWP and he stuck it miles over. 

It was Forest I think. I reckon Everton tried to copy that but they are so disorganised they couldn't manage it and ended up making it easier for Ward Prowse to score.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...