League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, L1Minus10 said:

Great read again, mirrors my thoughts on the young lads as well, I thought Watts looked a real prospect.  "<N'Lundulus> first touch was sometimes very good and sometimes very, very bad" - wasn't he the one that got the hand crafted "First Touch" bounce board in the players secret santa, I'm sure I saw a clip of him unwrapping it (he's not used it enough if it was!)

A good fair summary as always...

as you said rounded off an awful week the worst part in my view the Villa loss which was totally down to the officials and injuries 

our bad luck in the League goes back to the Leicester game though with the unpunished rugby tackle on Diallo 

I think like all of us the guys could do with a weeks rest in the sun - a freezing cold night in the lovely Black Country sounds even better

Should have called it the left hand corner of the goal competition we missed it twice and they put two in the spot we should have hit.

Please please Ralph square pegs in square holes for the next few games back to basics get over 38 points then we can all relax 

Ralph singing about his train now;

one wheel on my wagon (FA Cup)

and I’m still rolling along 

the internet warriors are after me

they look mad things look bad

but I’m singing a happy song

higgedy haggis’s hoggish hi

my fans they never say die

a few miles down the road there’s a winnable cup tie

and we can watch those warriors go galloping by....

• 2 weeks later...

Thought you might have said a bit more about Ben Mee playing basketball in the area, I suppose Jan Bednarek pulling a shirt and getting away with it was justice for the penalty that was not but was given;

perhaps that is the reason for ditching VAR in that over a season these things would genuinely even themselves up who knows?

The second Burnley goal reminded me of the Toshack/Keegan routine that won Liverpool many games 1-0 so not rocket science exactly!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, L1Minus10 said:

Totally agree with this blog, excellent as always. If there isn’t a takeover soon, then there needs to be a more pragmatic manager in place. Ralph system needs Ralph players - physical, quick, dynamic box to box - but those will cost £20m+ even in a more depressed post COVID market. There might be the odd gem available fitting the bill for less but not 6 or 7 of them as you rightly state. If there’s no takeover this summer then best RH moves on and an old school replacement with a contacts book who can set up as hard to beat.

On 01/05/2021 at 10:12, suewhistle said:

I look forward to reading the VAR conversation for last night's match...

At least we know why, unlike rugby, we aren't allowed to hear what they are saying to each other. 😉

• Haha 1