Fish and chips

saintkiptanui

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I'm having them tonight, only once in a while do I crave this wonderous food and tonight is that night, lashings of salt and vinegar, no tomato sauce, thats for idiots.

They are also nice late at night when extremely refreshed in Bedford Place.

BTW Piggy, which of the Morrison's pasties is it you recommend, the ones crimped at the top, the D-shaped ones or the steak and Stilton ones?

They are also nice late at night when extremely refreshed in Bedford Place.

BTW Piggy, which of the Morrison's pasties is it you recommend, the ones crimped at the top, the D-shaped ones or the steak and Stilton ones?

The Best range traditional cornish pasty. They have some crimped ones which aren't great if they ain't the best range stay clear.

BTW the best range one's look like a cornish pasty should look.

Junction you should drive to st marys street and get fish and chips from the place owned by greek people, opposite the Plume, mmmm tasty.

The Best range traditional cornish pasty. They have some crimped ones which aren't great if they ain't the best range stay clear.

Junction you should drive to st marys street and get fish and chips from the place owned by greek people, opposite the Plume, mmmm tasty.

I've had chips from there many times, but never tried fish.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Not the ones from the hot counter then?

you would not know a real cornish pasty if it hit you in the face....

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

My favourite chippy was in Derby, just off the ring road. The fried all their stuff in beef dripping, the smell and taste were wonderful. They did fantastic potato fritters as well.

We had F & C last night and I had a pea fritter - yummy.

You should all move near me - we've got probably the best chippy in the land just down the road.

Too middle class, I expect the fish is sustainable Pollock.

I would like to own a fish and chip shop, I would call it

The dogs Pollocks.:smt008

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
wrog wrong wrong, salt and vinegar is the only thing to have with them.

I don't know though, I got used to having gravy on mine when 'oop North.

Our pre match routine USED to be Max;s fish 7 chip shop down near Debenhams... those were the days.

Over here our two local chippy's have both shut down, one is now manky Thai takeaway and the other has been demolished. There's one left that does Cod & Chips but it is right the other side of town and in the rush hour takes 90 minutes to get there and they are really inconsistent

A local pub does great Hamour & Chips with Mushy Peas but has gone up from 30 Dirhams (about 4.50) to 60 about 9 quid....

Do miss it though and the Chippy & a pint of Real Ale are the two first things on my list when I come back to Blighty (after servicing the missus of course)

so the BIG question

Mushy Peas or Tartare Sauce?

No it was where Kathleen Road joins St Monica Road (I think - blimey it's years since I've been there lol)

And Phil - it HAS to be mushy peas, or even better pea fritter, every time :)

oh....i don't remember that being a chippy!!...the chinese was called Champion House for a long time but has changed recently.

ooooo, i haven't had a pea fritter for years!!..

pineapple fritter or nice bit of cod for me, yummmmeeeee!!!:D

I'm having fish and chips in approximately 5 minutes.

With a battered sausage n' all. Oh, and curry sauce for the chips! :)

Are you one of these people who says they are having fish and chips but never actually buys fish, therefore your having chips and battered sausage with a side of curry sauce.

The Apollo in Alfriston Gardens was my local. Massive queues every friday evening. You name it, they put it in batter and a bag of scraps for halfpenny :-)

i would always go there on a friday night with my mum (early 1980's this is) after watching Monkey on the telly!!! LOL.....

had to walk from Landseer Road ALL THE WAY thru the valley!!! :lol:

It seemed like miles when i was a kid!! ;)

a friend o' mine recently informed me about this "scraps" stuff.....wish i'd have known about it at the time!!!.

(and, just in case you remember this ANS, theySTILL have the old Lyons Maid ice cream advertising board thing on the pavement outside the shop when it's open!!!!.......that thing is at least 25 years old!!!

Edited by saint boggy

i would always go there on a friday night with my mum (early 1980's this is) after watching Monkey on the telly!!! LOL.....

had to walk from Landseer Road ALL THE WAY thru the valley!!! :lol:

It seemed like miles when i was a kid!! ;)

a friend o' mine recently informed me about this "scraps" stuff.....wish i'd have known about it at the time!!!.

(and, just in case you remember this ANS, theySTILL have the old Lyons Maid ice cream advertising board thing on the pavement outside the shop when it's open!!!!.......that thing is at least 25 years old!!!

I probably waited in the queue with you then. Lucky for me i only had to cross the road.

My mum still still lives there and i visit a few times a year. Can't get a pea fritter anymore though :-(