FM 2010 hints, tips, cheats & gems of players / tactics

SO16_Saint

I agree, whats this booster you speak of?

Second season after being promoted in second from League 1

My team is as follows:

Davis

Tiendalli(free) Shilla Luirink(600k) Bertrand(free)

Namouchi Morgan Pinzi(free) Ze Rui

Cristaldo Trejo(£500 - yes just £500 pounds)

Subs:

Vailatti(free)

Hersi(free)

Lambert

Lallana

Saga

K.Pearce(loan)

Radosavljevic

Just about to start the second season, Markus gave me a very nice transfer budget (£8.5m for mid-table, yes please!) so i've managed to get a few prem quality players in.

First XI:

------------Hart------------------

Wilson--Shilla--Goncalves--Mulgrew

-------Crosas--Gibson-------------

Pennant---------------------Petrov

------Lambert--Zaki---------------

Subs: Davis, Harding, Martis, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Ze Rui, Saganowski

I did change ML to a Foreground Chairman in the editor, hence the hefty transfer budget!

I'm in the exact same situation mate. Have you got yours yet? Should I contact Zavvi?

They say if you havent recieved your goods within 10 working days contact them.

I did this, then they send you a letter to sign to confirm if you want a refund or duplicate.

I guess they claim it back off Royal Mail.

So thats where I am with them atm

Hoping my game coes mid week

Just about to start the second season, Markus gave me a very nice transfer budget (£8.5m for mid-table, yes please!) so i've managed to get a few prem quality players in.

First XI:

------------Hart------------------

Wilson--Shilla--Goncalves--Mulgrew

-------Crosas--Gibson-------------

Pennant---------------------Petrov

------Lambert--Zaki---------------

Subs: Davis, Harding, Martis, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Ze Rui, Saganowski

I did change ML to a Foreground Chairman in the editor, hence the hefty transfer budget!

Is that Jose Goncalves from Hearts? I was thinking about signing him but my scouts said he would be the fifth worst CB at the club.

First season in the premier league was a disaster, only just managed to stay up on goal difference with many thanks to a Jo who scored 36 goals and cost a staggering 3.8 million, what a bargain !!!!

Just how Liebherr kept his faith after asking me to finish mid table and allowing me to spend 20-odd mill.

Second season and a complete difference, asked again to finish mid table and with another 20mil war chest i was able to spend on some real quality, 3rd in the premier league and a champions league place awaits !!!!!!!

Matt Le god, the 48 monthly instalments are a god send !!!!!

Is that Jose Goncalves from Hearts? I was thinking about signing him but my scouts said he would be the fifth worst CB at the club.

Yeah, that is the Jose Goncalves from Hearts. He's a good back-up defender, he's versatile and is pretty pacy too. Worth a look!

Despite having a pretty strong squad (easily one of the best in the division) i've not started too strongly, currently sitting 6th after about 8 or 9 games. Starting to pick up form though, hopefully we'll still be in and around the same position at the end of the season!

got promoted to prem with markuss changed to the type that gives me fair bit of money.

he gave me 33 million to come mid table.

with this money i spent nearly 100 million with the 48 months etc...for this i got

Aquilani,cavani(i think?)Sakho,rafinha,ben arfa,obertan, joevetic,ricardo faty and djouro(Sp)

This in onto of a squad that won plays offs and fa cup with players like beckford, zaki (who scored 49 goals in his last season),schneiderlin,leo,scwhelen,snodgrass,ukra,volz,Lunng Jr, Gadzhev,RAcon,Falchone(Sp) among other players

Can anyone help out here? It's the Jan transfer window, I've signed three players but I can't play any of them because they aren't registered. I can't see how I can register them so it looks like I'll have to wait until the end of Jan when, I hope, the registration option will appear. Frustrating!

Go to squad page, at the bottom there is a button that says change. Press it and it will take you to the registration page.

You need at least 8 HG players registered but bear in mind under 21's don't need to be registered at all.

HTH

I am in my 4th season with saints...

my team

-------------Carson

Onuaha---Shawcross--Wheater--Enrique

----Noble----Schneiderlin--Aquilani

-----------Wilshere

------Cole----------Agbonlahor

Wilshere in unbelievable....easily the best player in the league..

Currently 3rd, 4 points from top (now in jan) and in the europa league

one thing though...is it me or do the goals tend to dry up after xmas..seems to happen in any game I play

Finally finished my first season with Saints, got promoted through the play-offs after a drop in form around january.

Team at the start of the second season;

-----------Ruddy

Vidal Goncalves Shilla Dawson

---------Leigertwood

-----------Morgan

Weiss----------------Ze Rui

-------Lambert Miller

Really pleased with how my team is coming along, even though I had to squeeze every last penny out of my transfer budget.

Managed to get £2.5 million for Lallana as well which could see it rise by another million should Boro get promoted - however, very little of what I bring in goes back into transfers. Not too fussed, I prefer playing that way for the time being.

No no, you should have kept Lallana, he turns into a little gem.

Did you make CCC ?? If so, try and sign Diouf(from Man utd), he is fantastic, also Zaki is a good bet to get you prem bound.

Don't care, he would NEVER have played for me. I stick with my formation, thank you very much. I think around 5 players would have had to get injured for him to get in the side.

you in cc or prem

i want hulk but when i can get strikers does he really cut it?

Prem, won it this year (2014), came second last year and 16th the year before.

Without a shadow of a doubt yes.

TBH though, my two out and out outstanding buys over the past 3 years (prem years) are Jo (man city 3.5mil) and Kranjcar (about 4 mil)

Go to squad page, at the bottom there is a button that says change. Press it and it will take you to the registration page.

You need at least 8 HG players registered but bear in mind under 21's don't need to be registered at all.

HTH

Can you use players outside of the 25 you register? Like register them for reserves and play them in the first team?

I find that signing a new assistant is vital, although Wilkins left to take a manager job somewhere.

I tend to go for Simon Hunt on FM10. He's got good stats for an assistant manager (I tend to bring in some decent coaching staff too which makes up for his lack of coaching ability) and is useful to have as a talented scout too. Even if he is a bit of a c*nt ;)

I find that signing a new assistant is vital, although Wilkins left to take a manager job somewhere.

What do you look for most in an assistant to grade your team, is it judging current ability? Ive got a 20 and 20 for potential too but he's decent coaching wise too

Just made it into Prem for 3rd season - Team:

Ochoa

Hutton Jagielka Sakho Renan

Wilshere Rodwell Cattermole Borilla

Naki Jo

HTH

Thanks!

Anyone else getting frustrated that a player who gives away a penalty, or makes a mistake, never gets over it for the rest of the game? So often I have defenders that concede penalties then have a player rating of 4.7 for the rest of the game leading to further mistakes. The only solution is to take that player off. Completely unrealistic I think. Is it a bug?

What do you look for most in an assistant to grade your team, is it judging current ability? Ive got a 20 and 20 for potential too but he's decent coaching wise too

Just made it into Prem for 3rd season - Team:

Ochoa

Hutton Jagielka Sakho Renan

Wilshere Rodwell Cattermole Borilla

Naki Jo

I always look for man management, discapline and determination, i am not worried too much about the assistants coaching as i have a decent coaching team.

Thanks!

Anyone else getting frustrated that a player who gives away a penalty, or makes a mistake, never gets over it for the rest of the game? So often I have defenders that concede penalties then have a player rating of 4.7 for the rest of the game leading to further mistakes. The only solution is to take that player off. Completely unrealistic I think. Is it a bug?

If he does it in the first half, 'encourage' him in the team talk. I find that helps my underperforming players.

January in my second season, team looks like this;

-----------Ruddy

Vidal----Shilla--Goncalves--Dawson

------------Sunny

-----------Morgan

Ljundberg-------------Convey

-------Lambert---Miller

Awesome squad built up, rest of my players are;

Mihaylov (gk), Cathcart, Stephen Wright, Joseph Mills, Seyfo Soley, Mikele Leigertwood, Barry Robson, Mariano Donda, Mark Gower, Vladimir Weiss, Ze Rui, Jake Thomson, Febian Brandy, Matt Paterson.

Manage to keep them all happy some how.

Don't wanna get to the Prem this year unless I go up as Champions (really tight at the top, i'm about 4 points behind).

Just got back into the game after promotion in first season to Championship. Promoted in consecutive seasons after beating Forrest 5-2 in the Final. Markus has just given me £30.5m to finish mid table.

Used the 48 Months to the best I can.

£1.3m Wage Budget

Brought in:

Jo - £2m

Obertan - £1.5m

Gallas - Free

Woodgate - £990k

Kompany - £2.1m

Kyle Naughton - Loan

Oscar Ustari - £5.5m

Jack Wilshire - Loan

Michael Owen - Free

Jonathan Cristaldo - £500K

Bosko Jankovic - £4m

Rafael Van der Vaart - £4.4m

Squad

GK:

Oscar Ustari

Kelvin Davis

Josh Lambo

Bart

RB:

Lloyd James

Kyle Naughton

Anthony Grant

LB:

Harding

Mills

DC:

William Gallas

Jonathan Woodgate

Craig Cathcart

Gerson ( Out on Loan)

Neal Trottman

Michael Raynes

DMC:

Morgan Schneiderlin

Dean Hammond

Vincent Kompany

Liam Bridcutt

AMC:

Rafael Van der Vaart

Adam Lallana

Jacob Mellis

AMRLC:

Jack Wilshire

Gabriel Obertan

Helder Barbosa

Bosko Jankovic

Strikers:

Rickie Lambert

Jo

Cristaldo

Michael Owen

Nathan Tyson

Neil Mellor ( Moving to Norwich )

Rhys Murphy ( Loan to Cardiff

Matthew Paterson ( Loan to Leeds)

Wonderkid:

Mick Cartwright 16 AMLC Amazing will post a screenie soon.

Bulked the coaching and scouting staff to all 5 star rating aiming for 8th place