FM 2010 hints, tips, cheats & gems of players / tactics

SO16_Saint

Sorry it's taken me a while, here's the tactic, 19 games, 13 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat with the tactic so far.

http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/34105832

Directory:

C:\Users\'yourname'\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tactics

It asks me to log in.

I assume that if I sign up I'm not going to magically get access to your files, or is that the whole point of the site?

Season 1 Update.

Pos 5th. Played 37. Won 23. Draw 8. Lose 6. For 87. Against 45. Points 67.

Won 7 and drawn 1 of last 9 games.

Mifsud 28 goals in 28(6)

Saganowski 23 goals in 28(6)

Schneiderlin 14 goals in 37(1)

Lambert 11 goals in 16(11)

Tyson 10 goals in 16(11)

Mifsud average rating 7.40

Saganowski 7.31

Schneiderlin 7.27

Dan Harding 7.15

Seb Hines 7.08

Is that Diogo the ex-Zaragoza one or Diogo Rincon?

the RB Diogo..

also got Rosicky (was transfer listed) and Tim Krul

my team at the start of my 3rd season (now in the prem)

------------Krul

Diogo----Gallas---Dervite---Harding

-----------Digard

----Mellis---Morgan©--Rosicky

-----Cristaldo-----Kerzakhov

subs

Davis

Lambert

Traraabt

James

Volz

Thomas

Hammond

not bad..won the CCC in my second season and markus game 20 £13m for the prem which turned into £19m after a budget adjustment

signed gallas on a free with diogo

got digard and kerzakov..

maybe need a keeper but might wait till jan

So, crucially, you do get backed once you are back in the big time. That's not so bad!!

So, crucially, you do get backed once you are back in the big time. That's not so bad!!

sort of I guess....

when promoted my wage buget was about £115kish and the start of season expectation for them prem started at..

£330k(ish) wage buget and £13m transfer....

after altering it I got around £19m and £220k(ish) for wages..

rosicky was transfer listed and gallas was free...kerzakhov cost me £12m and is my top scorer so far....

after 13 games currently 12th in the prem....

what is annoying....I lost 3-2 away to man u and I was told the fans were disapointed....after they scored the winner in the 88th min..

WTF

Anyone know if there is anyway to turn off the "address by first name" feature?? Sounded good at first but now is just getting annoying

You can't turn it off once a save game has started.

The whole point of it wasn't for things like European names (Forename/Surname)

It was for example those in Brazil where name structure is different and this option corrects it in the game.

i not sure if people can give me advice on this but i have tried editing the game using the data editor, (making Markus a foreground chairman) but the changes do not apear when i start a new game, can someone provide instructions on how i can make changes and get them working in game

Just starting 3rd Season (2nd Season in Champ) and after 4 games, currently second with 9 points! Havent made that many changes to squad - have a squad of only 19!!

Starting XI

-------------Davis-------------

James--Jaidi--Balkestein--Taylor

Clingan--Schneiderlin--Hammond--Harding

-----------Ambrose-----------

-----------Lambert-----------

Subs

Thomas

Gillett

Holmes

Jackson

Connolly

van der Meyde

Wotton

That will need to change now because Lambert got injured in 2-1 win away at Watford and is out for 4-5 months - major major loss :( :(

Think i need to go 4-4-2 and play Connolly alongside Simeon Jackson??

Am b*ggered if I can find the editor.

Downloaded the game through steam. Anybody point me in the right direction?

it's buried away....i had the same problem looking for it first time

try...C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\tools\editor

Well, my first game with Saints went t*ts up, finished 10th and got sacked, although we would've been in the play-offs had we not had the -10 points.

I've got over that though, and started a new game with Saints. Found some amazing frees, namely Iliasu Shillia (CB), Ze Rui (AML) and Serhat Akin (AMR/ST). Mark Wilson (DRL/WBR) is also a bargain at 600k from Celtic too.

Only played a few games, but we've wiped out our 10 points after 4 games (3 Wins, 1 Draw) and just knocked Sheffield Wednesday out of the LC.

COYR!

Season 1 Finish.

Pos 2nd. Played 46. Won 30. Draw 9. Lose 7. For 116. Against 58. Points 89.

(Would have been top by a point if not for points deduction).

League Cup 4th Round. Lost 1-3 away to Man United

FA Cup 3rd round. Lost 2-4 away to West Ham

Johnstone's Paint 1st round. Lost 2-4 away to MK Dons

Mifsud 33 goals in 34(7)

Saganowski 29 goals in 37(6)

Schneiderlin 17 goals in 46(1)

Tyson 15 goals in 18(13)

Lambert 12 goals in 17(14)

Mifsud average rating 7.38

Saganowski 7.32

Schneiderlin 7.28

Dan Harding 7.14

Seb Hines 7.07

2nd Place in Manager of the Year.

Perrier-Doumbe, Schneiderlin and Mifsud in Team of the Year.

Saganowski Fans Player of the Year.

after Markus selling Sneiderlin behind my back it now says on the board confidence screen that the board are disappointed at my decision to let him go!!!

:lol:

Actually, that reminds me.

I've thought in a few other games that when the board accept a bid "because it's too good" you should be able to offer an ultimatum - either they keep the player or sack you.

:lol:

Actually, that reminds me.

I've thought in a few other games that when the board accept a bid "because it's too good" you should be able to offer an ultimatum - either they keep the player or sack you.

that would be good. And I to also get told off for selling players even though it was the board who sold them and not me

3rd season in on my Albion Rovers game and i come up against Michail Antonio playing for Morton on the right wing.... didnt do that good :)

has anyone else suffered a massive drop in form or is that just my managerial n00bness? :)

I got promoted as champions 1st season, Saga and Lambert were unstoppable up front together.

Brought a few good regenerated Irish players over summer, David Edwards and Mark Viduka on frees, spent most of the budget on Clarke Carlisle. Just played my first game of the second season, Pompey away, was expecting to get thrashed, but won 2-0, well chuffed.

i not sure if people can give me advice on this but i have tried editing the game using the data editor, (making Markus a foreground chairman) but the changes do not apear when i start a new game, can someone provide instructions on how i can make changes and get them working in game

I have exactly the same problem. (surprise surprise)

My editor never actually saves the changes i make despite it saying it does.

Is there a fix for this?

I got promoted as champions 1st season, Saga and Lambert were unstoppable up front together.

Brought a few good regenerated Irish players over summer, David Edwards and Mark Viduka on frees, spent most of the budget on Clarke Carlisle. Just played my first game of the second season, Pompey away, was expecting to get thrashed, but won 2-0, well chuffed.

What was your formation?

I have exactly the same problem. (surprise surprise)

My editor never actually saves the changes i make despite it saying it does.

Is there a fix for this?

Are you saving the database as something else? I.E saving it as "flibblegoo" rather than "sports interactive 10.0 or whatever it is?

What was your formation?

4-2-4 was the formation that got me promoted, but I adapt if my backroom staff tell me to. For the Pompey game they told me to go 4-4-2 and play a with a narrow width and slow tempo, worked a treat. Started with this team:

Kelvin Davis

Lloyd James Shelton Martis Radhi Jaidi Joseph Mills

Jay Simpson David Edwards Morgan Schneiderlin Adam Lallana

Marek Saganowki Rickie Lambert

Are you saving the database as something else? I.E saving it as "flibblegoo" rather than "sports interactive 10.0 or whatever it is?

that's a good point

I'm merely attempting to overwrite the original editor file (which I've been able to do on previous FMs)

Dunno why i didn't think of it before, I'll see what happens when i save it as a separate file.

Just played first five games and have reached zero. Starting a bit later than everybody else has left me in a good position to sign some absolute gems.

My team:

Davis

Salukvadze(loan) Jaidi Shilla(free) Harding

Namouchi(free) Hammond Schneiderlin Ze Rui(free-class)

Lambert Saga

Subs:

Mifsud

Acapandie(loan)

Lallana

Van Der Meyde

Soley(free)

Trotman

Bialkowski

Other ins:

Bossman(free)

Alioui(free)