FM 2010 hints, tips, cheats & gems of players / tactics

SO16_Saint

some of the boards are way too harsh.

Due to illness and having too much time on my hands I decided to manage Andorra.

In my first 8 games of the Euro 2012 qualifiers, I'd beaten Iceland and Estonia and held England to a 0-0 draw, had a couple of narrow defeats to Czech Republic and Belgium and still got sacked. :(

best way to keep my players fittness up?

Squad rotation and resting them every once in a while. Make fringe players available to play in the reserve team which will help keep them fit and may also put them in good form as they'll have a chance to play and score goals etc. against weaker teams than the first team play against. I devise my own training schedules based on player positions, and if you assign each group with 'High' levels for Aerobic and Strength training your team will be better physically and can cope with a long season.

best way to keep my players fittness up?

Unless your players all have 17+ for each physical stat (unlikely) then make sure you aren't playing with high tempo AND closing down often. Really you can only have one or the other, unless it's for the last part of a game when you're really going for it.

Squad rotation and resting them every once in a while. Make fringe players available to play in the reserve team which will help keep them fit and may also put them in good form as they'll have a chance to play and score goals etc. against weaker teams than the first team play against. I devise my own training schedules based on player positions, and if you assign each group with 'High' levels for Aerobic and Strength training your team will be better physically and can cope with a long season.

I've seen some people who have training schedules just for pre-season where all they do is strength and aerobics training, does that make a difference during the season or not?

I've seen some people who have training schedules just for pre-season where all they do is strength and aerobics training, does that make a difference during the season or not?

I don't bother with a pre-season regime, I think there's a default pre-season setting that players are automatically set to anyway. I prefer to play a lot of friendly games to build up match fitness rather than trying to build up physical stats. I can see how it would work though.

Resurrected my game with Southampton a couple of weeks ago. Picked up where I left off, just got into the CCC after winning L1 by a clear 17 points and built a good team. The second season has now finished, and Saints are back in the Prem! Managed to go up via the Play-Offs (although we occupied an Automatic Promotion spot for most of the season) against Sheffield Utd. Great game, 3-3 aet, 6-5 on pens.

Looking forward to managing Saints in the Prem where they belong :D

i am currently playing its my 4th season (i started in the championship because my save data corrupted).

got promoted to prem by coming 2nd, first season in the prem i came 5th!!! with 3 of my back 4 from the championship (wheater,leo and molinaro) 3rd season i came 2nd im playing with my brother who is man utd and i beat him on last day of season to go 2nd.

My team now is full of stars now in 4th season and im top clear by 4 pointsi bought fabregas for 76 million.

starting line up

Mandanda

rafinha Mexes wheater Filipe

Mata Fabregas Schneiderlin Arshavin

Dzeko Lopez

subs.

Cavani

Bocaly

Neven subotic

Leo

Marko marin

Hamsik

Yoann Gourcuff

wijnaldm

rodwell

molinaro

bilyaetdinov

jonjo shelvey

So in the 2014/15 season (ended up finishing runners up to a stupidly untouchable Man City) Cortese bought out Liebherr, this happened to anyone else? Made me laugh, though NC is alot more hands on and is continually going over my head and accepting offers which is rather frustrating

I keep getting bored of playing as southampton.

As much as it is refreshing to be able to take the red and white all the way to the champions league (which is reasonably easy with the money chucked at the first 11)

It is just too easy, ML gives me a massive war chest every season and often a healthy top up in january.

I used to enjoy when u really had to graft when you managed saints.

That being said, if real life turns out like my save file, i would be massively happy :-)

As much as it is refreshing to be able to take the red and white all the way to the champions league (which is reasonably easy with the money chucked at the first 11)

It is just too easy, ML gives me a massive war chest every season and often a healthy top up in january.

That being said, if real life turns out like my save file, i would be massively happy :-)

lolol i found ive been spolied i find it hard to be any other team to be honest with you and especialy a rubbish one, i was tenerife when they were in the spanish 2nd div and i bought all saints youngsters dirt cheap like mills and lloyd james.

Play as Eastleigh then! :)

Let's you get the 'Bottom to Top' Steam acheivement as well...

Also gives satisfaction in gradually building up the quality of the facilities as well.

when I am saints..I bring in that many players as I go up through the leagues I fall way short of the HG quota..lol

also, when I get to the prem, I get about 10m in transfer budget..how come some of you get bucket loads from markus..?

Best thing to do is try and pick up as many half decent/cheap nippers as poss. That way at least some will become good and means if you are constantly signing 15/16 yr olds, they will become HG.

I know what you mean about Markus he is the same on mine, really havent had mega-dosh to splash about, and as i said above has now been brought out by Cortese (Who is actually tighter, and more intrusive accepting offers over my head!)

I only started playing FM10 last night, but here's my team:

Davis

Omozusi.....Hajto.....Jaidi.....Harding

Solano.....Spiderman.....Lallana.....Ze Rui

Lambert.....Saga

Subs:

Bart

Hammond

James

Van Der Meyder

Some Latvia striker (not Pahars)

Sandrinho

Was only given £1.5 to spend in the summer, but managed to raise some cash (700k)selling off Pullis, Lanc, Thomas, Gobern, Thompson

I only started playing FM10 last night, but here's my team:

Davis

Omozusi.....Hajto.....Jaidi.....Harding

Solano.....Spiderman.....Lallana.....Ze Rui

Lambert.....Saga

Subs:

Bart

Hammond

James

Van Der Meyder

Some Latvia striker (not Pahars)

Sandrinho

Was only given £1.5 to spend in the summer, but managed to raise some cash (700k)selling off Pullis, Lanc, Thomas, Gobern, Thompson

Good one to pick up on a freebie in the first season is fabrice fernandes, both for the comedy value and really is a cut above League 1, i flogged him at the start of the second season to lazio for in excess of 2 mill

Good one to pick up on a freebie in the first season is fabrice fernandes, both for the comedy value and really is a cut above League 1, i flogged him at the start of the second season to lazio for in excess of 2 mill

Ive just started again, as I realised I hadnt loaded up the Max database of players (always have the max). Luckily, i had only played 1 game of the seaon.

Anyway, this time around, my team is:

....................Viera..........................

Murty.....Hajto.....Stefanovic.....Stevens

....................Davids.........................

Van Der Meyde.....Spiderman.....Ze Rui

...........Lambert......Saga..................

Subs:

Davis

James

Harding

Ze Maria

Vieri

Mellor

Pele

Ainsworth

Topp

I'm playing with ML as a foreground chairman because I don't think that an 80k transfer budget in the second season is realistic, which is what he's like without changes. Currently lying 6th in the Prem, beaten Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool so far but Man Utd still bend me over and f*ck me up the arse every single time I play them! :mad:

Team:

-----------Hart------------

Young--Yobo--Dawson--Bale

------Zimling--Poulsen------

Pennant-------------Malouda

-----Cardozo--Olic----------

Subs:

Davis, Wilson, Shilla, Crosas, Schneiderlin, Wilshere, Zaki

Poor move by Saints, Should of got a "High Profile" manager.

Now in the prem after a poor start in the CCC ended up in me finishing 2nd after Hull but having very good results against all of the top 6 and scoring more goals then anyone else 116.

Now in the premiership.

Have a decent team but very young. And many players that have not cut it with other teams but i think i can get the best out of.

Schmeichel
  Ansaldi       Cathcart             Beevers         Shorey
  Arteta        Aquilani               Kacar            Hunt
                 (Support)            (defence)
                   Acapandie          F.Cambell
                (Target Man)         (Poacher)

Kiraly

De Leat

M.Johnson

M.James

Barazite

Fleck

R.Lukaku

It isn't just a data update reliant on when the window closes. It is also a patch so that needs to be fully tested and solve as many issues as possible as will be the last patch for FM10.

I know, but surely transfers etc could be done within a week or so of the window closing, as the databases have to be released to independent researchers etc. and then given back once changed, but bugs can't really take more than a couple of weeks either, seeing as SI offices have scores of testers. In the past, patches have come out within the first half of February and i've never noticed any problems.

Just started... (with ML foreground), lost first game, but unbeaten since then, and have got rid of the -10 very fast.

In:

Lauren (Free)

Omozusi (Free)

Shilla (Free)

Gradel (£275K)

Smolarek (Free)

Glauber (Free)

Lung jr (£190K)

Krivets (£475K)

Salukvadze (£210K)

Guest flickjax

tbh the bigger the franchise gets the worse it ahs become....I think they are pretty ignorant these days and i have been buying there games since the very first championship manager...back then you could even speak to the collyers

I don't expect them to spoon feed us daily but a weekly update would have been nice and not overly taxing or time consuming.

And this thing about noy having to patch, your having a laugh if they didnt patch their games they would start to lose market share.

It isn't just a data update reliant on when the window closes. It is also a patch so that needs to be fully tested and solve as many issues as possible as will be the last patch for FM10.

well they have had since the 10.2 release to sort this out...SI are getting more shoddy each year no matter what you keep repeating.

Luckily my Dad gave me his version of the game so I didnt waste $90 on buying FM10.

Any else playing FM07 still? Best version of FM series by far.

Whats this "ML in foreground" malarky, have I missed something when setting the game up.

Just wondering, as I was only given £800K at the start of the season, have no money in the jan transfer window, and now also have financial problems (lost £5 million since the start of the season, and the club is skint)

Whats this "ML in foreground" malarky, have I missed something when setting the game up.

Just wondering, as I was only given £800K at the start of the season, have no money in the jan transfer window, and now also have financial problems (lost £5 million since the start of the season, and the club is skint)

Before you begin a new game, you can use the Editor to make changes. Markus has been set up as a 'Background' sugar daddy - essentially, he won't invest much, but will prevent the club from going into debt. By changing him into a 'Foreground' sugar daddy he starts chucking cash at the team in an Abramovich c. 2003 way. With foreground on, ML gives c. £1.5M (L1); c. £8M (Chp); & c. £40M (Avoid Relegation Prem). Essentially this is cheating, but the problem is that 'real life' Markus appears to be somewhere between the two settings, so far he has splashed more cash than a background sugar daddy, but nowhere near as much as a foreground might.

The editor can be found in your computer's program files (somewhere like C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\editor.exe (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\editor.exe))

Edited by Joensuu

And, blimey, when I posted the other day about the cheap team I'd assembled, I didn't realise how good they actually were. Shilla, Glauber & Lung jr have sorted out the leaks at the back (although Lung jr never dives for penalties!). Shilla is better than Jaidi (even better than Fonte seems to be) and he's free!; Krivets is outstanding on the wing, at end of first season I turned down an Everton bid of £6M + 50% of next sale for him. Smolarek scores more than either Lambert or Saga, which considering he's free gives you by far the best firepower in League One.

Crikey, this 10.3 patch treats you pretty well as a Saints manager! I've managed to sign some quality players, my squad could probably get promotion from the CCC, never mind L1...

Managed to sign:

Abubukari Yakubu (free)

Erwin Mulder (170k, Feyenoord)

Frederik Stoor (2.5m, Fulham)

Remi Pillot (7k, AS Nancy Lorraine)

Chris James (free)

Kenny Thompson (95k, AA Gent)

Mariusz Lewandowski (1.8m, Shakhtar)

Let go:

Lee Molyneux, Anthony Pulis, Tommy Forecast, Lee Holmes, Chris Perry, Simon Gillett, Lloyd James, Wayne Thomas, Bartosz Bialkowski

Trick is to pay the transfer fee over 48 months, as Liebherr will top up your transfer budget if it runs too low. That way you can spend loads of money...

Edited by SuperMikey

This is my Saints team sitting 4th in the CCC with 3 games to go first season after winning promotion from L1:

Davis

Contra Raynes Archibald-Henville Bertrand

Hammond Morgan

Danns Lallana Ambrose

Barnard

Still running patch 10.2 so Markus isn't exactly throwing money around. IF, and it is still a big if, this side were to win promotion to the Prem at the first attempt where should I be looking to strengthen? Does anyone know of any good deals to keep you up in Prem season 3?

have worked out a corner that produces loads of goals over a season...

have your fullbacks - stay back

have your best corner taker taking the corners left and right

in your team settings put corners left and right to - penalty area

have your best striker on - lurk out side area

have everyone else on - challenge keeper/stand on far post/near post flick on

the ball will be played to the edge of the box where your man will be free to have a pop..whilst the opposing team is marking all your players on the posts

over a season you should get loads of goals from this routine