FM 2010 hints, tips, cheats & gems of players / tactics

SO16_Saint

I personally think he will do a Mandaric, get you to the Prem and then scarper

But that is based on nothing.

Notts County were given foreground status on far less evidence. No-one even knew who the owners were!

Liebherr has paid off all debt, spent alot on playing/backroom staff and funded a new training ground all without taking on any debt. Mandaric isn't anywhere near as rich as Liebherr and would have struggled to fund a Premiership team adequately with Pompey's infrastructure so left. Liebherr on the other hand can. Where would be the fun for a billionaire to get the team promoted and then leave at the point you reach the big time?

At the moment on FM10 background status sugar daddy for Liebherr means he doesn't invest money nor stop players leaving for small amounts. All he does is input cash should the balance go into the red. This is clearly wrong as the evidence that he is putting money in is mounting by the day.

This is really annoying me! Im in the Prem after 2 playoff wins in a row!

The players i have brought in were of the highest calibre i could afford and attract, now 19th and shocking! Ive got a few experienced players, inlcuding Owen, Beckham and Mutu, but they cant play every game. I ask for more money, they say sell, i do but only get about less than halve of the money coming in! (even cheated and sold a res player to myself at Real Madrid for 140million to what would happen, this only gave me £20mill to spend)

The most annoying thing is i can never offer more than 35k a week! Can i change this? if so how? Many thanks!

This is really annoying me! Im in the Prem after 2 playoff wins in a row!

The players i have brought in were of the highest calibre i could afford and attract, now 19th and shocking! Ive got a few experienced players, inlcuding Owen, Beckham and Mutu, but they cant play every game. I ask for more money, they say sell, i do but only get about less than halve of the money coming in! (even cheated and sold a res player to myself at Real Madrid for 140million to what would happen, this only gave me £20mill to spend)

The most annoying thing is i can never offer more than 35k a week! Can i change this? if so how? Many thanks!

Welcome to real football management, if you get a decent job offer move on, sometimes it happens like this others don't.

On another note i have started a career with Luton, going to see how far i can go, see if i can get the saints job.

Woohoo, got luton promoted and then got offered the saints job as they lost in the play-offs.

Though i was hoping this game was going to be a career moving clubs and now i can just see me staying with saints forever, 'specially as i have been given 10mil in league 1

Poor move by Saints, Should of got a "High Profile" manager.

Upload the save game and put the link in this thread :)

Thanks for help! It went up eventually in January, but only to 82K so still cant get the nest players!

We will see if i can stay up with a couple of avearage siginings and the push on to bigger an better things Next season!

OK, I usually don't go for too much changing. Direct passing, medium tempo, not too wide. Target man is Lambert. Saga as advanced forward. Morgan as playmaker.

What am I looking for in new players so that they fit in with the team? Best player I have signed was Driver at LM or Samaras in 2nd season a couple of times.

I would like to try a much more attacking approach but just getting poor results so something aint right.

I do tend to go to set the game up and go on holiday, as we have a little baby and I'm trying to study too, so I don't get the time time I used to. Am I ever going to be that good if I don't set up for every game?

OK, I usually don't go for too much changing. Direct passing, medium tempo, not too wide. Target man is Lambert. Saga as advanced forward. Morgan as playmaker.

What am I looking for in new players so that they fit in with the team? Best player I have signed was Driver at LM or Samaras in 2nd season a couple of times.

I would like to try a much more attacking approach but just getting poor results so something aint right.

I do tend to go to set the game up and go on holiday, as we have a little baby and I'm trying to study too, so I don't get the time time I used to. Am I ever going to be that good if I don't set up for every game?

It definitely helps to play each game, but it is very time consuming like you say. As for players, it depends what positions you're looking for.

As an attacking formation I like to use just a plain 4-4-2 but with wingers, and it works a treat for me with whatever club I manage.

------GK-------

RB--CB--CB--LB

----CM--CM----

RW----------LW

-----ST--ST----

A fast paced short passing game also seems to work well, but I see you prefer the more direct style. I would recommend that you look at getting two pacy wingers in with good crossing and/or dribbling attributes, and tell your players to pass to them, and set their target passing style to Run Onto Ball. Lambert ought to put a few away with good service from the wings.

Just started on this version of FM ( using the latest patch from the start ) - first thing I did was send Papa back, ( having looked his stats and extortionate disproportionate salary), and sell Wotton, thereby freeing up the wages bill enough to coax in 6 new players, 4 buys and 2 more loans.

Oh, and I also released Pulis on day 1 :D

Just started on this version of FM ( using the latest patch from the start ) - first thing I did was send Papa back, ( having looked his stats and extortionate disproportionate salary), and sell Wotton, thereby freeing up the wages bill enough to coax in 6 new players, 4 buys and 2 more loans.

Oh, and I also released Pulis on day 1 :D

You can get about £20k for Pulis.

MLG, can you give me a few tips on tactics please?

For THE best tactics go to the official FM2010 forum, tactics section, and find the 'Total Dominance' thread. I've been using this tactic for two seasons with Saints - it's now May 2017 I'm 20 points clear at the top of the prem (crowned Champions but I'm after a target of 100 points), FA Cup final, League Cup winners, but knocked out of the Champions' League in the semis - I won it last season.

It's a bit of a Keegan/Ardilles formation in that you'll concede a few but you'll score more. I have a centre back on 20 goals for the season, and my main striker has scored 36 in 33 games, my other forwards are on 20-30 odd goals each too.

Check it out.

For THE best tactics go to the official FM2010 forum, tactics section, and find the 'Total Dominance' thread. I've been using this tactic for two seasons with Saints - it's now May 2017 I'm 20 points clear at the top of the prem (crowned Champions but I'm after a target of 100 points), FA Cup final, League Cup winners, but knocked out of the Champions' League in the semis - I won it last season.

It's a bit of a Keegan/Ardilles formation in that you'll concede a few but you'll score more. I have a centre back on 20 goals for the season, and my main striker has scored 36 in 33 games, my other forwards are on 20-30 odd goals each too.

Check it out.

Do you have a link for us lazy types?

Actually this one http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=175981 probably the same though. I went with the original 10.1 tactic and just changed the defence as suggested in the first post on their. Works a treat.

This is the actual link to the tactic http://www.filefront.com/15125969/Co...%202011%29.tac

I don't have a log in.

How do you change the defence?

Oh my days, thats more like it. Won league 1 at first attempt. Im joint top in December 2010 with Blackburn. Like it says on the packet really, you score loads but let quite a few in so goal difference may not be great. Top players are Ched Evans, who I got for £6 million and Morgan.

• 2 weeks later...
MLG, if you haven't yet got enough evidence that Liebherr is a foreground chairman then you will NEVER convince them.

Training ground redevelopment,

Lambert £800k

Hammond £200k

Fonte £800k

Seabourne £150-300k

Barnard £175k

Puncheon (reportedly) around £1million

This is true, but I changed ML to foreground chairman in the editor, and he literally throws money at you. Had him top up my transfer budget with £6m twice in January. Not quite the approach we're going for with the team IRL, although we are spending a lot of money for a L1 club.

Perhaps the first actual player suggestion in the entire thread (not going to read it to find out) is Leigh Griffiths from Dundee. Starts off pretty damn good in the first place but just gets better and better. Relatively cheap at the start of the game too, I would say about 600k. He's the perfect super sub for me as Scotland manager, and he's come on quite a few times late in the game and nicked a goal. In fact, a late double salvo from him took Scotland through to the 2010 World Cup semi-finals (which we lost 2-1 against Italy).