FM 2010 hints, tips, cheats & gems of players / tactics

SO16_Saint

buy Dzeko and Cavani and aguerro best strike force you can get.

Woah slow down there chap.

Im only starting my third season, my first in the Premier League.

Pretty shocked I pulled some of the signing's I did so far.

Don't think I'll be pulling Aguerro out just yet.

Things like the training ground upgrade is making it more likely that there "may" be changes to make Mr Liebherr a foreground sugar daddy for any January update. Any decision will also be based on transfer activity in the window, but things are looking good.

Evidence is needed for such a thing as one club having loads of cash has a major impact on the English Leagues for everyone that plays them ;) :)

Edited by Matthew Le God

Do you choose the stats for Connolly MLG, or will Sunderland researcher be doing that? Because I really don't think he's good enough in game.

I get my Saints file back to work on for the "February update" in January so will look in more detail then. I have already asked for Connolly to be improved so should be done already(basically swapped his CA with Saganowski).

Fair doos.

Also, what's with the white kit? I've ended up playing in it at home sometimes, even against teams like Blackpool where there would be no clash. We don't even have a white kit!

Yep, I've complained about the kit already. It has been an issue in a few FM games now and still not fixed. The game doesn't seem to cope when Saints play teams in orange or claret. Hopefully will be fixed one day soon :(

Sounds like you're playing it too long ;) Crab Lungs put me onto a fantastic program called games booster.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Download it, open it up along with task manager and keep an eye on football manager on the PROCESSES screen, not the programs screen. It will crash dump at around 1million K of memory apparently, but I just run games booster every time it gets up to around 500,000 k and then there's no problem.

Sounds like you're playing it too long ;) Crab Lungs put me onto a fantastic program called games booster.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Download it, open it up along with task manager and keep an eye on football manager on the PROCESSES screen, not the programs screen. It will crash dump at around 1million K of memory apparently, but I just run games booster every time it gets up to around 500,000 k and then there's no problem.

It happened everytime I hired Robbie Fowler as a scout.

So I didnt hire him next time & now its fine :s

Ta stc

Just started a game with Southampton, played a few seasons with Villa with mixed success to get used to the new game.

I'm playing a pretty basic 4-4-2 with a defensive midfielder and central midfielder set to defend. Two proper wingers, Lambert as a deep lying forward and Saga on the advanced strikers.

Signed Kuffor, van der Meyde and Topp on free transfers. Got De Laet and Hoyte on loan to shore up the defence and signed Gillbert, Smith and Tommassi for about a million.

After 13 games I'm 11th, my only loss was on the first day. Since then I've won eight and drawn four, scoring 31 and only conceeding 13. Best GD in the league by miles and would be top by 2 points.

Anyone got any ideas who I can bring in on loan in January to cover for Saganowski and Lambert? I signed Willy Topp but he done his ACL on his debut and hes out for 9 months.

Went up through the play offs, would have won the league by two points if it wasnt for the point deduction. Saganowski got 43, Lambert 25 and Lallana 20.

After five games in the CCC i'm in the play offs, should get promoted again this season.

IN

Zavon Hines

Saha

Whitbread

De Laet

Plessis

Muniesa

De Gea

Boa Morte

Ki-Hyeon

Shawky

Barnes

Silviu Lung jr

Current team:

Saha - Saganowski

Boa Morte - Shawky - Schneiderlin - Barnes

Smith - De Laet - Whitbread - Gillbert

Silviu Lung jr

Subs : Lambert, Lallana, Ki-Hyeon, Davis, Kuffor, Mills and Plessis

Jo has been a bit of an enigma for me.

Playing quite well, involved with most of my good moves during a game and averging 7.1-7.2 but has just scored his second goal of the season in his 24th appearance!

Goals from almost every other player on the pitch and the team are 4th highest goal scorers in the prem first season after being promoted. Jo just can't put them away.

PLEASE HELP

I go on editor and save but cant play my edited game can someone help?

When you start a new game and it comes up with the list of which version of the game you want, your edited database won't be on the list - instead check the box that says something like "use edited database" at the bottom and proceed to the next screen.

zaki scored alot from corners for me in l 1 , champo and prem.

Zaki was banging them in for me (20 odd in 25 games), then our chairman sold him after the window closed to some Italian side behind my back (leaves end of season...) and his form went to cack !! ML also flogged fish Mills behind my back to Middlesboro - he was doing really well LMid for me... Bloomin annoying that.....

Quick FM10 question before I buy ( still playing FM09 :cool: ) on Football Manager Live I can have a few different squads say my Reserves and my U19s for example. When I come to play a match I can select the tab I want for the squad I want to use and it will automatically set the team for that game to be the formation and players used from that squad. Can I do that in FM10 now?

I know this might not make much sense to people who haven't played FML but I know what I mean. And makes it SO much easier to select reserves for cup games/friendlies without having to move them all over the place in the squad screens.

This game is really annoying me.

I'm in my 6th season and have a pretty awesome squad of up and coming players I've collected over the three seasons in the Prem but they've all decided they want to leave and Leibherr is accepting bids behind my back. He's spent the last two seasons trying to sell the club and having to provide cash injections.

I was forced to sell Douglas Costa for 14m and only 2m of that was added to my transfer budget... Think I'll just give up now too unrealistic.

This game is really annoying me.

I'm in my 6th season and have a pretty awesome squad of up and coming players I've collected over the three seasons in the Prem but they've all decided they want to leave and Leibherr is accepting bids behind my back. He's spent the last two seasons trying to sell the club and having to provide cash injections.

I was forced to sell Douglas Costa for 14m and only 2m of that was added to my transfer budget... Think I'll just give up now too unrealistic.

MLG it sounds like big personality changes are needed for FM - Liebherr.

MLG it sounds like big personality changes are needed for FM - Liebherr.

Def needs to be looked at. I started a new game with Notts County, I might go back to Southampton at some point but this Notts County game is ridiculous.

Started off with 1.5m to spend and the chairman just keeps giving me money.

Finished the first season with 123 points, 40 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. I went 18 games without conceeding a goal.

Leibherr's stats should be closer to the Notts County chairmans.

making leibherr free spending chairman makes the game a tad easy..

in 5 season I won

season 1 - Won league 1

season 2 - Won CCC

season 3 - 3rd in the prem and won FA Cup (had £110m to spend in my first season in the prem)

season 4 - Won Prem, FA Cup and semi Finals of the CL

season 5 - Won Prem, League Cup, Runners up in FA Cup and won CL

My team at the end of season 5

----------------Hart

Johnson----Mexes--C. Davis----Bale

-----Fabregas----Rodwell---Mountinho

--------------Cassano

---------Rooney-----Gignac

Subs

Loach

Wheater

Lescott

Schneiderlin

Wilshere

Aquilani

Welliton

I got p*ssed off with Saints, I started the new season 10 wins in 10 sitting top of the CCC, it crashed, started again and (with exactly the same team and tactics) ended up sitting in 21st place in october.

So I resigned and took the job at Wycombe who were 19th in league two - after 10 games i've got them up to 5th, just entered the transfer window.

I think I'm getting close to making a good case for it to the Head of English research. Sugar daddy chairman status has to be decided by SI staff rather than individual researchers as it has a massive impact on the game. The signings in the summer along with Fonte and possibly Danns and others along with the new training ground should hopefully mean I can convince them. Notts County after all were wrongly given foreground status. At least Markus Liebherr is looking more viable than them!

But the argument against it is if you were foreground, Lambert and Fonte should get replaced next year yet Pardew has stated that they will be with you all the way through if you make it to the Prem. Lets face it Fonte in League One is very good, Fonte in the Prem is below average

But the argument against it is if you were foreground, Lambert and Fonte should get replaced next year yet Pardew has stated that they will be with you all the way through if you make it to the Prem. Lets face it Fonte in League One is very good, Fonte in the Prem is below average

That's your opinion. But that is not evidence that Markus Liebherr doesn't want to spend money.

I personally think he will do a Mandaric, get you to the Prem and then scarper

He said he isn't in it for financial gain, that he's done all the business he needs to in his life and just wants some enjoyment. Me personally, I trust his word as he has been true to it on every matter so far...

Plus he can't just "scarper" so even if he does want to go he'll have to sell us to someone who can afford the club - and I think he'll be looking for someone with a fair bit of money to invest as well.

I think I'm getting close to making a good case for it to the Head of English research. Sugar daddy chairman status has to be decided by SI staff rather than individual researchers as it has a massive impact on the game. The signings in the summer along with Fonte and possibly Danns and others along with the new training ground should hopefully mean I can convince them. Notts County after all were wrongly given foreground status. At least Markus Liebherr is looking more viable than them!

At least he's still at the club!!

What on earth do they do with Portsmouth's scenario on the next edition?!?!