SaintsWeb Podcast: You're Having a Laugh, Mush!

stevegrant

This week's podcast is now available to download. This week, myself, Dan Kerins and Rob Chandler look back at the three games last week, have another glance towards the other end of the M27 and fight Bridgey's corner in Terrygate.

To subscribe via iTunes, click "Advanced" and then "Subscribe to Podcast", and enter the following URL: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/podcasts/podcast.xml

You can also subscribe via RSS at the same URL. If you've got a relatively recent web browser, from the main SaintsWeb home page, you can simply click on the RSS icon at the top of your browser.

Feedback is obviously welcomed, either here or via email to podcast@saintsweb.co.uk

Just listened to it on the walk to work this morning.

I enjoyed listening to it and will download them eachtime now. One small point, one of the guys talking couldn't really be heard compared to the other two. Not sure if he is just a more softly spoken guy or if he was miles away from the microphone. Had to turn it up to hear him but made the other two guys very load then.

Yeah, sorry about that. That was Rob, who when sound checking was fine but when recording decided to keep turning his face away from the mic. Had I had longer I would have up'd the volume on his speaking parts, but it took me 3 hours to edit as it was, and it had to go "live" this morning at the latest

"As we know forums are the home of knee jerk reactions" :shock:

Agree that Connoly (when fit) is head and shoulders above League 1 level. If we can get him back playing regularly up front with Lambert we've got a Premiership standard partnership.

Welldone to those who made the podcast - it was really good.

I agree tho, keep it fresh by rotating a few people, but a lot of people who appear to be articulate and opinionated on here may not be able to do the same in front of a microphone, that's why it's important that Stevegrant chooses people he actually knows.

Yeah, sorry about that. That was Rob, who when sound checking was fine but when recording decided to keep turning his face away from the mic. Had I had longer I would have up'd the volume on his speaking parts, but it took me 3 hours to edit as it was, and it had to go "live" this morning at the latest

...................................................IM sure it wasnt me and was Dan :)

Well done guys - that was the first one I have downloaded and I was pleasantly surprised - very well put together and great comments from you all. Being an exile it's nice to hear the 'amphsire drawl in my headphones!! Keep up the good work.

* buggers off to listen to the first episode :)

Can't speak for the others, but I do listen to Football Weekly. The Football Ramble is another on my iTunes subscriptions list.

It was just the format is very similar, and probably that I enjoyed them both. I've not heard of The Football Ramble but I will check it out shortly!

It was just the format is very similar, and probably that I enjoyed them both. I've not heard of The Football Ramble but I will check it out shortly!

I didn't consciously use the same format, to be honest - I nicked the "we're all off to " bit from the Football Ramble, but it seemed to make the most sense to do the show in a chronological order.

Thanks for reading and debating my question Steve. Much appreciated. Great work on getting this out, great to have a Saints podcast, I love football weekly and the football ramble too (though the Skate who sounds like Smiffy can be annoying), but we seldom feature, let's face it!

Have enjoyed both podcasts upto now - am a bit of a virgin in the podcast world, but managed to learn how to get it to play in winamp - and am set for future broadcasts.

Would love to hear discussion on things like:

Where are they now - former players, managers, etc

Forum thread / post(er) of the week - loads to pick from here

Blast from the past - we have some great games to look back on (good & bad)

Would also love to hear some of the view of posters here as well - I reckon the likes of Benjii, VFTT, TDD et al would make for lively discussion and debate, so long as it didn't decend to fisticuffs! Perhaps you should record it in a boxing ring - see how it goes..!

Good job though - keep it coming, look forward to it.

Have enjoyed both podcasts upto now - am a bit of a virgin in the podcast world, but managed to learn how to get it to play in winamp - and am set for future broadcasts.

Would love to hear discussion on things like:

Where are they now - former players, managers, etc

Forum thread / post(er) of the week - loads to pick from here

Blast from the past - we have some great games to look back on (good & bad)

Would also love to hear some of the view of posters here as well - I reckon the likes of Benjii, VFTT, TDD et al would make for lively discussion and debate, so long as it didn't decend to fisticuffs! Perhaps you should record it in a boxing ring - see how it goes..!

Good job though - keep it coming, look forward to it.

This

Had a listen to both 'casts yesterday. I listen to a lot of podcasts each week, and will definitely be picking this one up if you keep it going.

Enjoyed the 2nd one much more than the first. Good to have three people in the mix, especially someone like Rob who's got a proper Sfampton accent!

Had a listen to both 'casts yesterday. I listen to a lot of podcasts each week, and will definitely be picking this one up if you keep it going.

Enjoyed the 2nd one much more than the first. Good to have three people in the mix, especially someone like Rob who's got a proper Sfampton accent!