Good Jaidi article -how to defend against us..

NickG

Agree with the OP - it's lovely that Jaidi is saying thatat as half of probably the best centreback pairing in the division he wouldn't know how to defend against our front line.

I know it's unlikely but I hope Tranmere defenders are reading atht and bricking it ;)

It's a brilliant article. Jaidi is now 100% a Saint and is obviously not only enjoying life here but a terrific influence on the younger players as well. As long as he sticks around then I'd want to be a part of it if I was one of the younger more ambitious lads.

It's not just 'big talk' to hide the cracks, this is from the heart and you sense he genuinely believes in the Pardew Project; let's face it he's been here and there at the higher levels and done most of 'that', so if he is impressed by what he sees and feels around him then we are indeed in for future treats.

I love the guy!

I really like what he had to say about his partnership with Fonte too - basically he 'feels his spirit' on the pitch and so knows where he's going to be and how he's going to play. Quite an insight really and if that's the same down the spine of the team (i.e. Morgan/Deano and Lambo/Barnie) it's no wonder the team is really starting to gel and starting to thrash a few teams.

is seaborne in the jaidi mould..?

Fonte seems to me the sort that will play better alongside a huge centre back who attacks the ball more and he drops off...

No totally diffent IMO - Jaidi is a mountain to get round/over/by...I love the way the oppostion bounce miles off him!

He has the 'Killer' zone...anything in that circle is his.

Early days for Seaborne yet but looks promising in the Svennson mould....just need to nurture him along this season ready for if Thomas, Perry and Jaidi go at end of season.

I hope jaidi will stay for another season...but with thomas and perry likely to go..we will probably need to have another player brought in to cover

I am not sure if Jaidi has the legs to be honest to last another season. It's a shame as he is turning into one of my favourites ( how sad is that!) and he has bought so much to the side after all the crap we have had since Michael got injured.

Name drop time.... during the summer I met Alex McLeish(top bloke) near Old Trafford as we were doing the tour whilst up there....didn't enjoy it much as it's not my club but awesome ground etc.

Mcleish said he would of loved having Jaidi still this season but he didn't have the pace anymore to last.

I hope jaidi will stay for another season...but with thomas and perry likely to go..we will probably need to have another player brought in to cover

If we don't manage to go up this year than perhaps Jaidi will decide he can last for one more season. That could be our silver lining.

such a shame jaidi is not 3-5 years younger....he and Fonte would do well at the top of the CCC imo..

maybe one more season out of jaidi..?

Cant see why we cant get another year out of Jaidi, not known for his pace really.

It's entirely up to Jaidi really. At 34 [birthdate 30th August] If he can keep himself fit and effective, he'll be brilliant. As for lack of pace, is there any striker in League One with enough pace and guile to exploit it..? Not sure, but I think we've got them all. ;)

The CCC would be a different proposition.

Love the garbled footballer speak: "The results we have got lately have given us more confidence and given us the smell of our aim, it's in our hands, and we're working hard and concentrating as much as possible to do that."

is seaborne in the jaidi mould..?

Fonte seems to me the sort that will play better alongside a huge centre back who attacks the ball more and he drops off...

After Tuesday it's possibly an unfortunate suggestion but would you take Trotman back (to partner Fonte) if he became available?

After Tuesday it's possibly an unfortunate suggestion but would you take Trotman back (to partner Fonte) if he became available?

I wouldn't. He was ok for us but seemed a little shaky from the Brighton game onwards. I'm also not sure if him and Jaidi ever really "clicked" like a successful defensive partnership should.

Yes I thought Trotman was a younger version of Jaidi really, strong in the air slightly dodgy with his feet. Maybe the reason Trotman and Jaidi didn't click was becuase they where to similair. Trotmans young still makes a few mistakes but I still think he was solid for us. I wouldn't be upset to have him back.

Unfortunately he's about the only one who hasn't worked out how to defend against us, well when we're away from home that is. Just swamp the pitch and pass a couple of hundred head of cattle onto it for a couple of hours (or 30 rugbymen-same thing anyway) and you'll do just fine.

Yes I thought Trotman was a younger version of Jaidi really, strong in the air slightly dodgy with his feet. Maybe the reason Trotman and Jaidi didn't click was becuase they where to similair. Trotmans young still makes a few mistakes but I still think he was solid for us. I wouldn't be upset to have him back.

he was solid for us at first and then he just went all doolally,sort of Alan Bennett in reverse.

I wouldn't. He was ok for us but seemed a little shaky from the Brighton game onwards. I'm also not sure if him and Jaidi ever really "clicked" like a successful defensive partnership should.

I agree he did seem a bit shaky after the Brighton game and maybe that's what did for him here but I also thought that Jaidi started to make a few howlers at around that time. I think Jaidi is immense but sometimes seems to make odd or bad decisions.

From looking at how Fonte seems to organise the defence I wonder if he would have been able to bring out the best in Trotman.