£1700 Trainers!

Dog

People collect trainers.

FACT!

It's a f*cked up world dude.

lol, just to clarify after my post, I don't atually collect them, I just happen to have a lot of them. I know what you mean though, people keep them in boxes and don't even wear them, but I wear all mine.

people do collect some odd things though, I know someone who collects coke cans & bottles!

lol, just to clarify after my post, I don't atually collect them, I just happen to have a lot of them. I know what you mean though, people keep them in boxes and don't even wear them, but I wear all mine.

people do collect some odd things though, I know someone who collects coke cans & bottles!

I currently own 15 pairs of Adidas trainers of which I wear them all, the most expensive I have paid is £130 which was a bargain for the trainers I received, well worth over £350 due to being rare as rocking horse sh;t.

Phew! Thanks for the clarification Spud.

I was about to have you sectioned under the Mental Health Act / Section 64b - the collecting of trainers as a hobby or past-time for reasons other than the wearing of said footwear.

I currently own 15 pairs of Adidas trainers of which I wear them all, the most expensive I have paid is £130 which was a bargain for the trainers I received, well worth over £350 due to being rare as rocking horse sh;t.

Ooooh snap, just counted mine and also have 15 pairs, so can't do the old 'my collection is bigger than yours' thing! Don't really collect them as such but I do like some of the older trainers.

My favourites (and most costly) are both pairs of Roms I bought (both pairs the originals and not the reissues), got ones with blue trim which I prefer, but also got some of the green ones that were only issued to the west (or was it east?) German police back in the 80's. They are the rarest, but a bit of a snug fit, so don't wear them so much. Keeping my eye out for some red Roms on ebay but they only ever seem to have the re-issues.

What are you £130 ones?

Ooooh snap, just counted mine and also have 15 pairs, so can't do the old 'my collection is bigger than yours' thing! Don't really collect them as such but I do like some of the older trainers.

My favourites (and most costly) are both pairs of Roms I bought (both pairs the originals and not the reissues), got ones with blue trim which I prefer, but also got some of the green ones that were only issued to the west (or was it east?) German police back in the 80's. They are the rarest, but a bit of a snug fit, so don't wear them so much. Keeping my eye out for some red Roms on ebay but they only ever seem to have the re-issues.

What are you £130 ones?

Belay that previous order number one.

We need to section this nutter.

Phew! Thanks for the clarification Spud.

I was about to have you sectioned under the Mental Health Act / Section 64b - the collecting of trainers as a hobby or past-time for reasons other than the wearing of said footwear.

Hummm it's a very thin line between collecting stuff and just buying it because you like it and I'm pretty sure many people will think I am a bit sad having a lot of pairs of trainers but I don't class myself as a collector! I see the line as being wearing them or not wearing them. Like you say, that's what they are for!

Patek Phillipe are amongst the finest timepieces in the world and the Tourbillon is a work of genius http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourbillon.

If I had the money I would buy one.

However, the person selling this can't spell 'Tourbillon', which is a little worrying.

Anyone who buys a Patek Phillipe from Ebay deserves to be ripped off IMO.

Patek Phillipe are amongst the finest timepieces in the world and the Tourbillon is a work of genius http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourbillon.

If I had the money I would buy one.

However, the person selling this can't spell 'Tourbillon', which is a little worrying.

Anyone who buys a Patek Phillipe from Ebay deserves to be ripped off IMO.

I guess you bought one Block 5. #-o

I've got a pair of those chucked in a corner of the garage somewhere. Bought them, ran one 25K race with them and they killed my feet, threw them in a corner in disgust.Might have used them for gardening a couple of times, definitely wouldn't fetch 1000 £ though.