Millwall beat Leeds - not good

stockportsaint

Not good for two reasons:

1) makes our almost non-existent play-off hopes even less likely - Millwall now top of the playoffs.

2) makes it more likely that Leeds will stay down. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Leeds. I have to work there too often for my liking, so love it when we beat them. However I want Leeds to go up this season, as it gets a big club out of this division - less competition next season. Would much rather we were battling with Millwall to be in the top 2 than Leeds.

If you look on the statistically interesting

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/runin.html

and look at the recent form column, it ends up with a final table of:

1 Norwich City 97.0

2 Millwall 88.7

3 Swindon Town 82.3

4 Leeds United 80.9

5 Charlton 78.7

6 Colchester 76.0

7 Huddersfield 75.4

8 Bristol Rovers 73.0

9 Southampton 70.0

10 MK Dons 66.8

Think we might end up higher than that, possibly above Brizzle. *IF* we won all our remaining games, then we'd end up with 80 and 5th, playing Leeds in the playoff semis. However I think you'd get better odds on Pompey staying up than us making the playoffs.

F*ck leeds, i would love them to stay down for another season, their big players will surely leave if they have to stay in this poxy league for another season.

I wouldn't be too worried if we get the POTENTIAL from our squad anyways, but we need to sort out the consistency.

I hate dirty Leeds and their arrogant fans.

I, too, would love it if Leeds ballsed up their chance of promotion, and for that reason I'm hoping Millwall or Charlton beat them to the auto spots.

I would also love it if we manage to get them in the play-off final and beat them. :-)

I do, however think it's highly unlikely, nay nearly impossible, for us to make the play-offs this season. I do however think our form until the end of the season will be good to brilliant, and will certainly spool the likes of Colchester and Huddersfield.

the team I am interested in is Colchester. Look at their fixtures early April v Millwall, Swindon and Charlton.

A good opportunity for us to close the gap.

Yes but it is not just one team we have to catch, there are several between us and our target and whilst i am sure we will catch at least 2 of them they will not all fold.

1) makes our almost non-existent play-off hopes even less likely - Millwall now top of the playoffs.

2) makes it more likely that Leeds will stay down. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Leeds. I have to work there too often for my liking, so love it when we beat them. However I want Leeds to go up this season, as it gets a big club out of this division - less competition next season. Would much rather we were battling with Millwall to be in the top 2 than Leeds.

1 Norwich City 97.0

2 Millwall 88.7

3 Swindon Town 82.3

4 Leeds United 80.9

5 Charlton 78.7

6 Colchester 76.0

7 Huddersfield 75.4

8 Bristol Rovers 73.0

9 Southampton 70.0

10 MK Dons 66.8

Think we might end up higher than that, possibly above Brizzle. *IF* we won all our remaining games, then we'd end up with 80 and 5th, playing Leeds in the playoff semis. However I think you'd get better odds on Pompey staying up than us making the playoffs.

Don't quite get this post. As said on another post, it has been on the cards for a while that Leeds are poor and Millwall will take their place in 2nd. Since Leeds played United in the cup they have been appalling. I would much prefer to play an off form Leeds than an on form Millwall.

Leeds will go backwards if they don't make it this season - too many players hanging around who've been assured that this year would be the year. Can imagine a real exodus of players and some painful rebuilding possibly and probably without grayson if they bottle this attempt...

They're nothing to fear.

Yep, they went out and lost delibrately so they could win the league, f'sure.

:rolleyes:

Probably the case in the JPT actually,they'd have beaten Barnet if they wanted to, not the Cup though as they lost a replay on penalties.Many clubs with promotion ambitions don't give a toss about the JPT, if they win they win but I bet they rested players at Barnet.

=Many clubs with promotion ambitions don't give a toss about the JPT

They give a toss as much as we do, which isn't much.

I'm sure they wouldn't have minded making the final. Doesn't mean to say that they've gone and thought "screw the league, we want wemberleez in the jpt"

They give a toss as much as we do, which isn't much.

I'm sure they wouldn't have minded making the final. Doesn't mean to say that they've gone and thought "screw the league, we want wemberleez in the jpt"

Except that in our case we wanted to win in the JPT because AP thought a winning mentality was important, he's on record as saying so.

Probably the case in the JPT actually,they'd have beaten Barnet if they wanted to, not the Cup though as they lost a replay on penalties.Many clubs with promotion ambitions don't give a toss about the JPT, if they win they win but I bet they rested players at Barnet.

Barnet?They lost to Carlisle in the JPY area finals and almost pulled off an almighty comeback - seemed pretty distraught at the time since they made a big deal about the game (if they won) arresting their dip in form which has subsequently worsened and kickstarting the rest of their season.

Except that in our case we wanted to win in the JPT because AP thought a winning mentality was important, he's on record as saying so.

The other teams would have wanted to win in their games aswell. Surely you can't dispute this?

If a manager DID want to lose delibrately (which wouldn't be the case for ANY of the teams in the JPT), then I would suggest that they shouldn't be a manager.

Barnet?They lost to Carlisle in the JPY area finals and almost pulled off an almighty comeback - seemed pretty distraught at the time since they made a big deal about the game (if they won) arresting their dip in form which has subsequently worsened and kickstarting the rest of their season.

Millwall lost 2-0 to Barnet in the first rounds of the JPT, we're not talking about Leeds.Played their second string keeper as well maybe because of injury, I don't know. they got the JPT out of the way early on, that's all that matters.

1 Norwich City 97.0

2 Millwall 88.7

3 Swindon Town 82.3

4 Leeds United 80.9

5 Charlton 78.7

6 Colchester 76.0

7 Huddersfield 75.4

8 Bristol Rovers 73.0

9 Southampton 70.0

10 MK Dons 66.8

If you look at leeds recent form over the last 8 games it looks for better reading although they may have enough in the tank to remain in the playoffs.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/oform.html

You mean like we rested players against Torquay :rolleyes:

If you look at leeds recent form over the last 8 games it looks for better reading although they may have enough in the tank to remain in the playoffs.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/oform.html

Anyway if leeds do not make promotion this season next season's Leeds might be something completely different. Doubt if Grayson would survive the shock wave and they're sure to lose Beckford anyway, probably a few others as well.

Kisnorbo is out for the season and that will make a big difference to them.

Leeds are in a total total mess, both on and off the field.

Beckford was dropped due to his non-performance v us last weekend. So responded by storming out of the ground.

Kisnorbo out for the rest of the season.

Chants at Elland road of ''Sack the board'' and ''Bates/Grayson out''

they have bottled it big time. I expect them to finish 3rd/4th and lose in the playoffs. They're not exactly flush with cash either, so expect them to sell their big names in the summer - we should be stronger than them next season.

Leeds are in a total total mess, both on and off the field.

Beckford was dropped due to his non-performance v us last weekend. So responded by storming out of the ground.

Kisnorbo out for the rest of the season.

Chants at Elland road of ''Sack the board'' and ''Bates/Grayson out''

they have bottled it big time. I expect them to finish 3rd/4th and lose in the playoffs. They're not exactly flush with cash either, so expect them to sell their big names in the summer - we should be stronger than them next season.

Hope we try and pick up Snodgrass then quaility player, Kisnorbo is a dirty git but is a very good defender (good replacement for Jahidi?). We will have money to burn as people keep telling me that Lambert,Lallana and Morgan are all off in the summer so should net a few million to strengthen the side might as well raid leeds for thier talent:D.

Think you'll find all managers adopt this mentality :)

Not so, not all of the time, you only have to look at some of the sides "top clubs" turn out in the League Cup to know that to teams with high ambition for one competition or another there are cups that don't figure on their list of priorities.

It is a fallacy that every manager wants to win every game,that's how youth players get their chance in the EPL.

the team I am interested in is Colchester. Look at their fixtures early April v Millwall, Swindon and Charlton.

A good opportunity for us to close the gap.

4 out of Colchester's next 5 games are at home and they have some easy ones as well.