Silverspoon club by wembley

OldNick

We purchased tickets for the Silverspoon pre match yesterday. Personally we were (6 of us) disappointed and left after an hour. What a dump. We arrived at 9.30 (doors supposed to open at 9) There were frantic efforts being made to tidy and clean. (This is not a pop at Nick Illingsworth)

Perhaps as we were some of the first 100 or so in we saw the conditions and state of the place we were more critical. 2 hookers standing outside with their 'men' was not the start of the day I expected.

Whether im getting old and grumpy (but even the 20years with us wanted to go, and found the volume of the music almost unbearable let alone the mixing of the music) but it was very disappointing . Did any others from here go in there and pay thier £10 and also disappointed or did it get better later?

We purchased tickets for the Silverspoon pre match yesterday. Personally we were (6 of us) disappointed and left after an hour. What a dump. We arrived at 9.30 (doors supposed to open at 9) There were frantic efforts being made to tidy and clean. (This is not a pop at Nick Illingsworth)

Perhaps as we were some of the first 100 or so in we saw the conditions and state of the place we were more critical. 2 hookers standing outside with their 'men' was not the start of the day I expected.

Whether im getting old and grumpy (but even the 20years with us wanted to go, and found the volume of the music almost unbearable let alone the mixing of the music) but it was very disappointing . Did any others from here go in there and pay thier £10 and also disappointed or did it get better later?

I have to agree very poor and not worth the £10 music so loud made my ears bleed what a dump wont be going there again.

It was however very close to the ground and we were in the 1st dozen or so to get in and did get a few beers in early doors, as time went on it was mission impossible to get to the bar.

We went back after the game but stayed outside and had a few really enjoyed our day didnt let the venue spoil our party.

Went to the bar above the Alisan Chinese restaurant just opposite the north entrance of the ground. Hardly anyone there at first (around 11:30) but filled up a bit later. Bottled beer only but a good place to go. Heard a few moans about the Silver Spoon from thiose who paid their tenners and got fed up.

On a similar note, the lack of places to drink/eat etc. close to the stadium shows a monumental lack of planning on the part of the local authority. Basically it is stuck in the middle of a run-down industrial estate. It will be interesting to see if it loses business after the Olympics.

Ive posted on the where did you go thread.But silverspoons was shocking.Food and ex players were promised but i didn`t see any of either.(mind you i didn`t stay that long it was so cr@p).They run out of cans.It took me ages to get served.In the end we left-couldn`t face queueing for another beer.So basically i spent £10 for 1 pint :-( However this didn`t ruin the day :-) Will definitely think twice before attending one of their events again!

Absloute dump,arrived at 0930 was gone by 1100 me and my group couldn't stand it in there a second longer.Shame really as we were looking forward to it,ended up going into the stadium a lot earlier than we wanted but had a few beers and it was fine.Went into the JJ Spoons Weatherspoons after the game which was good.All in all though a fantastic day.

Agree with the above. It was a sh*t Hole.

When we go back for the Play-off finals, remember to avoid it like the plague.

Also not having a dig at Nick Illingsworth, as I belive he went on recommnedations from other fan groups who used it.

Wembley is an awful venue for a national sjhow-piece to be built in. Shame on the decision makers.

The one good news about Silverspoons is that I believe the Skates will be using it.... They will fit in brilliantly, espcially if they bring all their caravans...

Several times me and the group I was with went and had a word with the DJ, asking him to:

a) Turn the volume down.

b) Play something other than 60's music that even the old boys there had never heard of.

c) Stop drunkenly rambling on the microphone every 30 seconds.

According to him everyone was really into it and it was just us being miserable!

Real shame, as Silverspoons was something we were all really looking forward to and would have been a great start to the day had it not been a total dive!

What a letdown. Had a pint in Green man after, i know where i'll be next time we go to Wembley. I wouldnt mind paying a tenner for a brilliant venue but talk about false advertising.

the bit in the Echo had us thinking it was a top event. We went up with my daughter nepthew and niece who hadn't tickets. Telling them that it would be good and that they could stay there and watch the game with other fans who alos didnt have tickets. There was no way I was leaving them there, and so we went and got them some tickets from fans. Thanks to the fan in the club who came and offered us a ticket at face value (i think he was from Watford way) but not so happy with the so called Saints fan who sold my brother 2 at £50 each (face value £34) as they ought to get something for their trouble after initially wanting £100 a pop. I would have let them keep them and see them lose their money.

LOL - Another Saints Trust event and you lot are surprised it was sh!te?

Fookin 'ell... what with people stuck trying to get trains into London and people buying tickets for Illingsworth events ltd... we have some seriously naive and gullable fans... :lol:

and we have a few that are complete ******s as well...

I do not get why anyone would want to pay a tenner to get into a place like this. There are plenty of pubs in London and whilst Wembley is not the best there were much better options there and on route.

I think I would have rather consumed booze in the ground than pay to go into a dump like this!

I do not get why anyone would want to pay a tenner to get into a place like this. There are plenty of pubs in London and whilst Wembley is not the best there were much better options there and on route.

I think I would have rather consumed booze in the ground than pay to go into a dump like this!

That`s what i ended up doing! But you learn from your mistakes

To be fair if I and others had any idea it would be like it is they would not sell any tickets.

Personally I felt that the way it was advertised, it looked a good place to start the day off. I can only assume that NI had not seen the venue, if not then Im sure the damage it does to him is more than earning himself a few grand.

I assume those complaini g about it on an Internet messageboard will be seeking refunds under the trades descriptions act? or maybe the sale of goods and services act?

Either you didn't receive what you contracturally paid for or you did.

To be fair if I and others had any idea it would be like it is they would not sell any tickets.

Personally I felt that the way it was advertised, it looked a good place to start the day off. I can only assume that NI had not seen the venue, if not then Im sure the damage it does to him is more than earning himself a few grand.

Nick said he went there last year with some Everton fans (Everton had put on a similar thing) and thought it would be great to do it if/when Saints got to Wembley. I presume that the hiring of the building/DJ etc. was pretty costly, especially for sole usage all day, hence the cover charge.

I assume those complaini g about it on an Internet messageboard will be seeking refunds under the trades descriptions act? or maybe the sale of goods and services act?

Did i get what was advertised? No

Did it spoil my day? No

''the bit in the Echo had us thinking it was a top event. We went up with my daughter nepthew and niece who hadn't tickets. Telling them that it would be good and that they could stay there and watch the game with other fans who alos didnt have tickets.''

Exactly what i'm thinking m8. The way it was billed, it would have been brilliant. Unfortunately it fell quite a way off the mark.

Nick said he went there last year with some Everton fans (Everton had put on a similar thing) and thought it would be great to do it if/when Saints got to Wembley. I presume that the hiring of the building/DJ etc. was pretty costly, especially for sole usage all day, hence the cover charge.

This is ******** (no offence). They made mugs out of Illingsworth and co and Illingsworth and co made mugs out of the those who they charged £10. If we hadn't booked this place up I doubt Carlise would've committed to paying x amount for the venue. It would have been given over, yes given over FOR FREE, and the club would've made money from drinks just like everywhere else did. Perhaps they'd have been no DJ, but by all accounts he was clueless anyway so he probably only cost about £200. If you're going to organise something like this (and you're holding all the Aces as Illingsworth was) then it stands to reason you'd play hardball and get a decent deal, but maybe they did and the majority £10 everyone coughed went straight into the back pockets of the organisers.

2000 tickets at £10= £20.000..................dont think the cost was anywhere near thatid be very supprised that it cost half that to run. think that digger bloke on hear had somthing to do with it...........got any answers and will you be offering a refund for the no show of ex players, slow bars not opening at 9 etc?

I agree, it was sh**e, the advertising of 8 bars made it sound like there would be no queues...wrong

Ex players...nowhere to be seen

Music was to loud and the DJ seemed clueless, played some really **** music and not enough variety.

As others have said wasnt open at advertised time.

And the worse crime was that you couldnt get a phone signal in there meaning going outside to try to arrange to meet others that didnt have their tickets..

Still a bloody magic day though

Frankie

Have just e mailed them through http://www.coyr.co.uk enquiring about refunds for exactly these reasons. I will keep you posted on any reply.

Trousers, for the return of £60 (6 tickets)I dont think I'll bother. Sadly, if as I have read that NI had indeed been to the premises it saddens me.Foolishly I and a lot of others fell for the stuff in the Echo and on the COYR website.Having a well known fully fledged and committed Saints fan, who I believe is always well intentioned, involved in this gave me confidence. We left at 7am to get there for its advertised opening 9am. On arrival our hearts sunk.

20k for that!!! now I know renting places in London is expensive but even Peter storrie could not fall for that fee.

Have just e mailed them through http://www.coyr.co.uk enquiring about refunds for exactly these reasons. I will keep you posted on any reply.

Good, I have not seen any post on this thread or any other defending the venue or its promotion.

As for the loos, the floors were deep in fluid, my best hope was that it was water

We bought five tickets and will be expecting a refund. We didn't go before as we found a quality pub full of saints fans before we got to the stadium but afterwards we thought we'd try and find it. Was there a single sign advertising the name? We walked in, smelt the p!ss in the air, saw the 'quality' of the venue and decided to leave.

This was in no way as it was described.

And another thing.

The DJ announced with full confidence, drinking laws meant that we could drink 30 mins before kick off and not the 1 hour which the venue suddenly decided was appropriate.

So of course we rushed to the poxy little bar and found a community police jobsworth ordering the bar staff not to serve any more drink at 12.30.

Shambolic doesn't do the place justice (not having a pop at NI btw who at least tried something), which had it been as billed, would have been perfect.

And another thing.

The DJ announced with full confidence, drinking laws meant that we could drink 30 mins before kick off and not the 1 hour which the venue suddenly decided was appropriate.

So of course we rushed to the poxy little bar and found a community police jobsworth ordering the bar staff not to serve any more drink at 12.30.

Shambolic doesn't do the place justice (not having a pop at NI btw who at least tried something), which had it been as billed, would have been perfect.

Tried to do what? Make a shed load of cash from a miss-sold event?

Jeesh, say what you really think.

Trousers, for the return of £60 (6 tickets)I dont think I'll bother. Sadly, if as I have read that NI had indeed been to the premises it saddens me.Foolishly I and a lot of others fell for the stuff in the Echo and on the COYR website.Having a well known fully fledged and committed Saints fan, who I believe is always well intentioned, involved in this gave me confidence. We left at 7am to get there for its advertised opening 9am. On arrival our hearts sunk.

20k for that!!! now I know renting places in London is expensive but even Peter storrie could not fall for that fee.

I understand why you might not want to go to the 'trouble' of seeking a refund because it's 'only' £60 but it's that kind of typical British shrug-shoulders attitude that many business rely upon in order to make a profit whilst not offering the service or product that was advertised in the first place.

It sounds like the organisers of the event should be persuing the venue for a refund in parallel to the attendees persuing a refund from the organisers. I don't say this to undermine the efforts of the saints fans who organised it but simply to highlight that, based on what I have read on here, it appears that the venue has received money for something that wasn't forthcoming (or part thereof).

For the record, I'm not making a direct accusation of the venue owners as I wasn't there - just observing the likely legal position based on the opinions of others.

Tried to do what? Make a shed load of cash from a miss-sold event?

Jeesh, say what you really think.

How do you know Nick wasn't acting in good faith? (again, I've no idea as wasn't involved - I'm just prepared to give all parties the benefit of the doubt)

Let's have a look at how the event was billed...

Many venues charge to get in and add a premium to the price of drinks Errrr...no they didn't, there are no reports of any other venues charging to get in.

its right next to the stadium, less than 50 metres to be exact. It might well be, but you might want to mention that it's on the opposite side of the stadium to the majority of the Saints fans entrance, I bet I was back in the Green Man before anyone from my block was back at Silverspoons.

Holding around 2,000 and with half a dozen large bars inside, Reports on here suggest there was actually 3 bars, each with only 3 staff on... say it takes them 30 seconds to serve each pint... with 2000 people in there, that equates to a wait of almost 2 hours between each pint... :lol:

3 pints for £10, a price you wont find within five miles on the day Complete b*llocks again, I dont know how much the pints were in the Green Man because I was using tokens but know many pubs were knocking pints out at £3ish a pint.

Ex-players in attendance Where? You CANNOT ADVERTISE THINGS LIKE THIS IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, for this reason alone... everyone is entitled to a refund. Having ex-players in attendance directly affects peoples buying decision.

Guaranteed Entry From 9am (And Afterwards) Well it wasn't was it? Another reason why everyone is entitled to a refund.

I could go on... but once again Saints fans have been ripped off by Saints Trust ( they still exist because the papers say so )

Edited by StuRomseySaint

How do you Nick wasn't acting in good faith? (again, I've no idea as wasn't involved - I'm just prepared to give all parties the benefit of the doubt)

:lol:

Seriously? Are you taking the ******? Even the other bloke from the COYR site said it was a business venture.

Lies were printed when advertising to generate sales, NI says he has been there before... NO EXCUSES

Everyone is legally entitled to a refund... and should get one.

I hope they have put it through the books as well and paid the relevent taxes. :shock:

Nick FOOKIN Illingsworth! what did anyone expect? a Harvey Goldsmith production FFS!

.... Thanks to the fan in the club who came and offered us a ticket at face value (i think he was from Watford way) but not so happy with the so called Saints fan who sold my brother 2 at £50 each (face value £34).....

That was the COLSLAW crew (Committee Of Loyal Saints Living Around Watfrord).

We were around the TOSSA/COLSLAW flag near the stage.

One our group was bringing his daughter along and whilst standing at Hemel Hempstead station at 7.30am, she strated to feel really poorley, so she went off home and Dad came to the game!

We would never rip off another Saint, and shame on those that did!

glad you were able to use the ticket.

Cheers

Hemel Saint

COLSLAW

Went in the Chinese restaurant across the road from the stadium, just next to Wembley way. Bottle only at £3 a pop but no queues (by the way thats 50p cheaper than the King Alfred).

Plenty of room to chat and quality view of the stadium out of the window. Free to get in as well.