John Higgins Bribery Case

1976_Child

I've just watched the video of John Higgins over on the NOTW website.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/?videoId=2160_801939&videoChannel=NOTW:News

Bang to rights. He is ruined. If his defense is that he was scared and just wanted to go along then he should watch the video too. And what was he there for in the first place? You don't just happen to be in Kiev with your manager and randomly bump into a bunch of people who want you to fix snooker games.

Frankly, I love snooker, but anyone who is daft enough to bet on a snooker game is asking to be defrauded.

I've just watched the video of John Higgins over on the NOTW website.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/video/?videoId=2160_801939&videoChannel=NOTW:News

Bang to rights. He is ruined. If his defense is that he was scared and just wanted to go along then he should watch the video too. And what was he there for in the first place? You don't just happen to be in Kiev with your manager and randomly bump into a bunch of people who want you to fix snooker games.

Frankly, I love snooker, but anyone who is daft enough to bet on a snooker game is asking to be defrauded.

they all miss easy balls anyway, look at that O'Sullivan-Selby fiasco the other day,there was one frame near the end where they both missed a handful of "easy" shots, down to pressure I guess.

Some fundemental questions that need to be asked:

what were he & his manager doing in Kiev (that hotbed of world snooker) because as far as I'm aware, no tournament is played there?

did he report the approach to the governing body as soon as practical (i.e. out of the country)?

I suspect that if he had reported the approach, he wouldn't be suspended & the WPBSA would have defended him by now.

He's got to be toast now. Doesn't sound like he has much of a defence and I'd like him to be brave enough to come out and admit to it. I'd still give him a lifetime ban though. He's a great player but my sympathy lies with those players who have played and beaten him. Imagine how they feel now? He's tarnished their achievement by being greedy. Poor old Steve Davis gets his best result in years and it's overshadowed in a minute.

I'd strike Higgins from the record books - his past championships should count for nothing.

He's got to be toast now. Doesn't sound like he has much of a defence and I'd like him to be brave enough to come out and admit to it. I'd still give him a lifetime ban though. He's a great player but my sympathy lies with those players who have played and beaten him.

Imagine how they feel now? He's tarnished their achievement by being greedy. Poor old Steve Davis gets his best result in years and it's overshadowed in a minute.

I'd strike Higgins from the record books - his past championships should count for nothing.

Oh, I shouldn't worry too much about them fellas, I'm sure that they have been 'compensated' iykwim

;)

I reckon that the sport is riddled with it.

No disrespect to Steve Davis but I think that he woul;d adcmit to being surprised at the ease of his success. I bet there's been a big old stash made by these same unscrupulous shysters.

As someone said /\, a shame that the shine has been taken from this true gent of the sport.