Pre Season Friendlies

spyinthesky

Away to Havant & Waterlooville on Tues 13th July?

Really?

Could be interesting

If I remember correctly, last time a Saints team played down there (a Reserve team fixture?) one of those nice Pompey supporters set fire to the Saints goalies spare gloves in the back of the goal.

Away to Havant & Waterlooville on Tues 13th July?

Really?

Could be interesting

If I remember correctly, last time a Saints team played down there (a Reserve team fixture?) one of those nice Pompey supporters set fire to the Saints goalies spare gloves in the back of the goal.

it does seem an odd choice for a pre-season "friendly" :-)

Where did you get the information that we are away to H&W? The club would be nuts to go to there - surely there are other Blue Sq S clubs to play at. Just what we need - a bunch of idiots screaming 'scummer' for 90 mins at our players.

Ah you beat me to it, was just about to post same link!

"Hawks HQ have tonight announced that two heavyweight league names will visit Westleigh Park in July to kick off the 2010/11 pre-season in spectacular fashion.

Portsmouth FC will bring a full first team on Saturday 10th July to play their only local friendly before flying out to America the following day for a US tour. The match again seals a deal with Pompey that will see the Championship side play their reserve team matches at Westleigh Park next season.

Three days later on Tuesday 13th July, Southampton FC will visit for an evening match, being the League One side’s first return visit for a friendly in seven years. Following this the Hawks are still set to take part in the Joma Challenge Cup in North Devon, the draw for which will take place over the weekend."

Have to say I am very surprised we are going there. As mentioned in a post above I bet the local pold won't be too happy.

Edited by Spudders

Why are people going on about pompey going to the US. I can't see any proper reference to this anywhere. Can anybody give me a link for it that isn't just to an unfounded comment on a forum?

It's on that H&W site above.

Pompey going on a tour of the US of A is just crazy! That will be a nice treat for all the kiddies before they get battered in the Championship. Hopefully they will fly back to a big points deduction, too, which is what they deserve. Either that or they're running away from all the mess that their club is in

Pompey going on a tour of the US of A is just crazy! That will be a nice treat for all the kiddies before they get battered in the Championship. Hopefully they will fly back to a big points deduction, too, which is what they deserve. Either that or they're running away from all the mess that their club is in

Will it be the kids tho? Andronikou(sp?) has offered new contracts to James, Heriederson, Kanu et al so maybe they will all be back!

I can only imagine they will be paying them in buttons!