Hanging out of Mr. Cortese

Tac-tics

Excuse this for being the keenest thread going but woah girls, relax.

What’s with all the crying about Mr.Cortese? Nicola was held in high regard in his previous industry and must surely have some astute business sense to be dealing will all those decimal points and $$$’s! He’s just moved country into one of the world’s most expensive and unpredictable industries in today’s climate with a club that was on its knees.

To be fair he does seem to have this swagger about him that would easily get people's back up, however I’m sure being bit of a faceless cvnt and a charmer has got him to where he is today. He is only human unlike that hockey stick, cucumber sandwich loving flushed ***** Lowe. I’m sure he will make mistakes and learn from them as the old cliché would suggest.

Ticketing is a tad strange I’ll admit, the kit is no problem at all, its our 125th anniversary this season and there building it up so chill out all you keen conspiracy theorists sod off on some UFO forum.

As much as I hate sleazy ‘get behind them ffs’ threads some of you need to just be patient, let the club get ready for next season, it’s nice to have a summer without ******** surrounding the club, so stop trying to create any on here, get out in the sun or jump on to redtube and do some bi and tri training.

Stop getting all excited, we’re in safe hands; it’s much more fun having a toothless banker running our club that eredicane sponsoring mong. Stop being soo keen and just let it happen.:smt038

Ramboyle over!

Much love Tic-tacs

p.s yes It did need its own thread, I want some attention

Edited by Tac-tics

I think it's a combination of things. I have defended Nicola quite a lot on here and took a wait and see approach. The fans forum last year was really positive where he listened and acted on the requests of the fans. What concerns me recently is the Programme debacle (Steve at the very least deserves an explanation from someone seeing as his profile of the forum was in it) and the ticket thing. The fact that no one knew when the tickets were going to be released and no one knew about the lack of a installment option until the last minute. I hoped that the new owners would usher in some much needed transparency but if anything things have got worse. In my opinion Cortese is doing a lot of this stuff on his own and as he is the ultimate authority at the club, he can do as he pleases and has no one to confer with or keep him in check. Perhaps what seems a good idea to him is then released without being checked by anyone. That's where I think the problem lies.

I think it's a combination of things. I have defended Nicola quite a lot on here and took a wait and see approach. The fans forum last year was really positive where he listened and acted on the requests of the fans. What concerns me recently is the Programme debacle (Steve at the very least deserves an explanation from someone seeing as his profile of the forum was in it) and the ticket thing. The fact that no one knew when the tickets were going to be released and no one knew about the lack of a installment option until the last minute. I hoped that the new owners would usher in some much needed transparency but if anything things have got worse. In my opinion Cortese is doing a lot of this stuff on his own and as he is the ultimate authority at the club, he can do as he pleases and has no one to confer with or keep him in check. Perhaps what seems a good idea to him is then released without being checked by anyone. That's where I think the problem lies.

To be honest they don't have to tell us everything! Who cares about the bloody programme anyway, its not important, get over it.

To be honest they don't have to tell us everything! Who cares about the bloody programme anyway, its not important, get over it.

It's a symptom of a larger problem. If you actually understood what I had written you would see that it was not me who deserved an explanation but Steve and indeed the others who donated because as a sponsor, one of their perks is to have a profile in the matchday programme. It's hardly an incentive to sponsor people next year if one of the privileges of sponsorship is taken away with no explanation for the people involved.

1-it's not a problem ..the boss is the boss and (you/we) do it his way.

2- He's not English. I know he speaks the language and he has good ideas but he comes from another planet and his ways are not our (english) ways.

3 - I like his style - especially ignoring the gossiping media and just getting on with the job .

It seems its all too easy for some people to overlook the simple fact that without Nicola Cortese's interest and will to be at Southampton the clubmight have slid further into oblivion by now.

Where would we be now if left to the Lynam/MLT/Fialka fiasco from 12 months ago ?

1-it's not a problem ..the boss is the boss and (you/we) do it his way.

Maybe not to you, but clearly it has caused quite a few problems with a lot of fans.

2- He's not English. I know he speaks the language and he has good ideas but he comes from another planet and his ways are not our (english) ways.

Well maybe he should be better acquainted with how to please ENGLISH supporters?

3 - I like his style - especially ignoring the gossiping media and just getting on with the job .

Nothing wrong with ignoring the gossip. What is wrong is the points I have described above coupled with the lack of transparency.

I have to say, we do come across as a bunch of whinging arseholes. That said, the pricing does need to be reviewed by for chrissakes, give the guy a rest. He's been pretty bloody receptive so far so let's just see if he notes the unhappiness and counters it with a suitable offer to the fans.

We should be thankful to have Cortese... or would we rather "Go Wilde" again?

Good thread, this forum is turning as negative as the Echo!!! and I honestly see no reason why, I have not paid the 5 pounds again because of this.

I feel that we are all going to see an amazing season I really really do and I am so excited, with everything that is going on HOW can people think NC is similar to Lowe but with backing, I honestly think your muppets.

Maybe if you arn't used to supporting a club on the up you should support pompy, because your doing my head in.

I have to say, we do come across as a bunch of whinging arseholes. That said, the pricing does need to be reviewed by for chrissakes, give the guy a rest. He's been pretty bloody receptive so far so let's just see if he notes the unhappiness and counters it with a suitable offer to the fans.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh !!!! :smt072

It's taken me a while to understand you mean hanging him out to dry...and not hanging out the back of Mr Cortese.

You should perhaps choose your words a little more carefully.

Yes, I have a picture in my head at the moment that I don't particularly want!

I was impressed by Cortese from the start, he seemed such a breath of fresh air at the takeover stage i was hoping he would stay as cheif exec which happened.

We owe him & Markus alot for saving our club.

There have been lots of rumours concerning Pardew, I personally think that he was close to getting the push.

The Echo thing on the face of it from what is known seems childish but i'm not too fussed.

He is making no friends within the old guard of MLT, Benali, Lmc which is a shame but as long as it does not detract from the success on the pitch I can deal with it.

No one is perfect or untouchable and for me he has made some mistakes. There are certain ways around it but for me not offering finance or any explanation for withdrawl is crazy, booking fee seems crazy and no explanation, programme pulled no explanation is crazy and the red nose on the badge is amateurish (I thought the clowns were at the other end of the M27), the kit video also is amateurish but this is nit picking.

NC always says promise less deliver more and I like that statement, however due to the above I can only assume his communication skills are not the best putting it mildly.

I personally prefer a sole owner and NC lives or dies from his decisions so we will see how things pan out over time.

Edited by doggface

Personally I couldn't give a t0ss about the programme but others do, a mate up the pub has got everyone since something like 1973.

People, businesses and organisations would of spent money, a lot of money on entering the programme, question's need to be answered!

I thought tac tics was a coach ?? Why has he been taking street lessons from ali G ??

As for Cortese, much rather have him and liebherr at the club then anyone else tbf, those two seem committed to dragging us back into the PL and be a well run club whilst we are there.

That said, i get the impression he can be too hands on and seems as though he is a know it all even though he has been in football 5 minutes.

Crikey, those seem like dark and distant days, I actually shuddered when I read that part, it brought back memories of all the bickering and bull**** from him and the generally bad period in the clubs modern history.

Gratitude is the key word at the moment.

Crikey, those seem like dark and distant days, I actually shuddered when I read that part, it brought back memories of all the bickering and bull**** from him and the generally bad period in the clubs modern history.

Gratitude is the key word at the moment.

But that does not mean Cortese is above criticism (Liebherr maybe!)

I don't think Cortese is a very good manager/leader.

Everything i hear about him being unapproachable, a control freak, and unable to delegate; and his falling out with the Echo, his slagging off of Saints legends and the very fact their comments upset him in the first place suggests a man not properly in control.

The guy needs to wise up, listen to his best managers, learn how the English media works and lead an off field team properly.

I seriously have to laugh at some of the drama queens on here who think every day NC must update the fans about every rumour, about every minute detail involving Saints.....personally i like his no nonsense attitude and the way he doesn't pander to anyone, he just gets on with the job in hand.

Some people need to wise up seriously!!

I seriously have to laugh at some of the drama queens on here who think every day NC must update the fans about every rumour, about every minute detail involving Saints.....personally i like his no nonsense attitude and the way he doesn't pander to anyone, he just gets on with the job in hand.

Some people need to wise up seriously!!

I think you are completely missing the point/choosing not to listen to what is actually being said.

Personally I couldn't give a t0ss about the programme but others do, a mate up the pub has got everyone since something like 1973.

People, businesses and organisations would of spent money, a lot of money on entering the programme, question's need to be answered!

Shuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuuup you gimp.

But that does not mean Cortese is above criticism (Liebherr maybe!)

Liebherr appointed Cortese, so if you have criticism of Cortese then Liebherr must be partly responsible!

Unless of course you want to have it both ways! which i suspect is exactly what you will do when SFC are marching on!

Liebherr appointed Cortese, so if you have criticism of Cortese then Liebherr must be partly responsible!

Unless of course you want to have it both ways! which i suspect is exactly what you will do when SFC are marching on!

Read my original post on this thread. I reckon it's pretty balanced TBH and as I said, I've defended NC in the past. I'm not sure why people get attacked purely for raising reservations about certain decisions.

The post you replied to was lighthearted. If Marcus went mental then sure he would probably get some criticism but he is the one who saved the club.

We are listening to what is being said!

But obviously forming a different opinion. An educated one!

So by implication because you disagree with me, my opinion is uneducated? Barcelona saint is missing the point because no one is asking NC to update the fans with everything. I think most people's issue is that they really think they deserved more notice that installments were being taken away. Especially since it was in the supporters charter and so most people would assume it would be the same for this year. What is unreasonable about that?

Read my original post on this thread. I reckon it's pretty balanced TBH and as I said, I've defended NC in the past. I'm not sure why people get attacked purely for raising reservations about certain decisions.

The post you replied to was lighthearted. If Marcus went mental then sure he would probably get some criticism but he is the one who saved the club.

He saved the club because Cortese convinced him to invest! So they should both get the credit!

So by implication because you disagree with me, my opinion is uneducated? Barcelona saint is missing the point because no one is asking NC to update the fans with everything. I think most people's issue is that they really think they deserved more notice that installments were being taken away. Especially since it was in the supporters charter and so most people would assume it would be the same for this year. What is unreasonable about that?

I was informing you that there are lots of educated opinions on here that dont agree with yours!

Surely that's ok isn't it!

We are listening to what is being said!

But obviously forming a different opinion. An educated one!

How can you be listening and making an educated opinion, nothing has been said by the club, nothing at all!!!

Whatever your 'educated opinion' is, you must agree that at the very least it's bad customer relations/communications. If the club had released a statement outlining that the facility to pay by instalments was to be removed back in March, everyone that relied on said plan could of made alternative arrangments!

How can you be listening and making an educated opinion, nothing has been said by the club, nothing at all!!!

Whatever your 'educated opinion' is, you must agree that at the very least it's bad customer relations/communications. If the club had released a statement outlining that the facility to pay by instalments was to be removed back in March, everyone that relied on said plan could of made alternative arrangments!

Have you ever thought that the decision was not made back in March!

I was informing you that there are lots of educated opinions on here that dont agree with yours!

Surely that's ok isn't it!

I've never attacked someone for holding a different opinion on this issue. Do you think the notice given for the removal of the installments is reasonable?

Why not?

The club is undergoing a major overhaul on and off the field, there will without a doubt be some decisions that take priority over others. Some we like Some we don't. But overall those decisions are transforming this club for the best.

In my educated opinion of course! :)

Night Night.

Have you ever thought that the decision was not made back in March!

That's even worse then, decisions that effect so many people should be top of any agenda.

Norwich have excellent communications with fans and their ticket arrangements are a priority and renewal's are out in March regardless of promotion or relegation, which is why they were 95% full with an attendance only bettered by Leeds!

I've never attacked someone for holding a different opinion on this issue. Do you think the notice given for the removal of the installments is reasonable?

No but i have accepted it and will move onwards and upwards with the club!

The club is undergoing a major overhaul on and off the field, there will without a doubt be some decisions that take priority over others. Some we like Some we don't. But overall those decisions are transforming this club for the best.

In my educated opinion of course! :)

Night Night.

I would have thought that retaining the core supporter base would be pretty much the number one priority for a football club.

Nothing wrong with ignoring the gossip. What is wrong is the points I have described above coupled with the lack of transparency.

shades of the RL syndrome ...." he's not football."

You're right of course, he probably is doing it all on his own ..and that's his mindset. As a top banker (I have worked with some)..he will rely on his own judgment and ..in this case..who else is there to ask at the club?

If he's on holiday like everyone else, he won't ignore it I'm sure. Hopefully... the message will filter through and he'll re-think the payment scheme. The prices don't seem inhuman, but not everyone can fork out one or more ticket buys in a month.

Edited by david in sweden

I think there are two types of anti-Corteses.

One lot are the straight forward gullible Echo believing whingers but there is another group that are still struggling with being let down by Wilde and then the laughable failure of the Pinnacle Group.They were expecting an era of "fansontheboard" , £125 Season tickets, and even jobs at St Marys (club historian anyone ?).

Instead The Saints are being run by a ruthlessly efficient group of people ,who have (in a year !) turned this shambles of a club back into top flight contenders.

I dont care if they arent fan-panderers ,I dont care they arent local press arse-lickers,I dont care they are ignoring ageing former-Saints "celebrities" Cortese and Leibherr are doing a superb job and we are lucky they are here.