Best Movies of 2010...

Guided Missile

Having a chat with a couple of barmen in the US last week and we ran through the best movies we have seen in the last year.

Starting with comedies, we all agreed that there has been nothing to touch last years winner, The Hangover, one of the best movies of the last ten years.

Heard good things about The Other Guys, Will Ferrell's latest movie with Mark Wahlberg but after seeing it, I was very disappointed. Given up seeing anything that made me laugh as much as the Hangover, until I happened to watch Kick Ass on the plane home. Not a movie I would have gone to see, but Jeez, how brilliant was that? As sad as I am, I pre-ordered the DVD which is out on the 6th September and all I can say is, buy it.

By far the best dialogue and action sequence by a ten year old girl in any movie I have seen...funny as f***

Any movies that touched you guys this year?

Having a chat with a couple of barmen in the US last week and we ran through the best movies we have seen in the last year.

Starting with comedies, we all agreed that there has been nothing to touch last years winner, The Hangover, one of the best movies of the last ten years.

Heard good things about The Other Guys, Will Ferrell's latest movie with Mark Wahlberg but after seeing it, I was very disappointed. Given up seeing anything that made me laugh as much as the Hangover, until I happened to watch Kick Ass on the plane home. Not a movie I would have gone to see, but Jeez, how brilliant was that? As sad as I am, I pre-ordered the DVD which is out on the 6th September and all I can say is, buy it.

By far the best dialogue and action sequence by a ten year old girl in any movie I have seen...funny as f***

Good film but I wouldn't go that far! Inception was really engrossing and an interesting concept. I enjoyed it a lot.

Inception is the best film i've seen this year, but i'm still yet to see Kick Ass and Toy Story 3. On another note, I just finished watching Adventureland, which was released last year. That was a really good film, a very well made and written 'coming of age' piece. I'd recommend that if you're stuck for something to do for 90 minutes!

I agree with you (for once!) about 'The Hangover' - absolutely brilliant comedy.

And on the subject of American films, I really enjoyed 'Kick Ass' as well (we're on a roll here GM). Also, 'Hot Tub Time Machine' is a good laugh too, if you haven't seen it yet then do it.

But I reckon 'Four Lions' (directed by Chris Morris) is the funniest film of the year by a country mile.

Here's a trailer:

[video=youtube;yGk2TojOd-4]

Other films worth a mention are:

'Ponyo'.

'Toy Story 3'.

'Inception'.

I agree with you (for once!) about 'The Hangover' - absolutely brilliant comedy.

And on the subject of American films, I really enjoyed 'Kick Ass' as well (we're on a roll here GM). Also, 'Hot Tub Time Machine' is a good laugh too, if you haven't seen it yet then do it.

But I reckon 'Four Lions' (directed by Chris Morris) is the funniest film of the year by a country mile.

Here's a trailer:

[video=youtube;yGk2TojOd-4]

Other films worth a mention are:

'Ponyo'.

'Toy Story 3'.

'Inception'.

Darn. Beat me to it! Ponyo is absolutely brilliant. A typically beautiful and charming Miyazaki classic!

Of course, Inception as brilliant. And visually Avatar was brilliant, even if it was basically the smurfs do pocahontas in space.

Darn. Beat me to it! Ponyo is absolutely brilliant. A typically beautiful and charming Miyazaki classic!

Of course, Inception as brilliant. And visually Avatar was brilliant, even if it was basically the smurfs do pocahontas in space.

:toppa: