New F1 Cars

Lighthouse

The exhaust are gone altogether on the 3D video on their site although they appear on the stills. I'd guess they're mock-ups and would say that they certainly haven't revealed much with the launch car (which is pretty normal). I'm certain there are a few revelations to come.

How many pointless rule-changes are we looking at this year then?

Also, will all the cars have KERS this season?

F ducts banned, KERS is back (although the new teams haven't got it) and there are variable rear wings which can be lowered to overtake when you're within 1s of the car infront. Could be interesting.

We're the one sponsored by Lotus Cars, rather than the one owned by some random who bought the rights to a name that hadn't been used for nearly 20 years.

16, And the final remnant itself of the entity that was the Lotus Formula 1 team. But who's counting? ;)

The exhaust system in place on the new Renault is fascinating though. Great logic but will it reap rewards?

Overall it's excellent. The airbox looks pretty novel too. Will be interesting to see if anyone steals a march on the others, like Brawn and to a lesser extent Toyota with the double diffuser in '09.

I like the new Merc too.

2011-Mercedes-GP-W02-01-500x318.jpg

I like the Renault design, but overall I'm put off by the livery and the fact that they're just a naff, fake Lotus (not saying Team Lotus is any more Legit). Why couldn't they have kept the name as just 'Renault' and had Lotus sponsorship on the black and yellow from last year. I really liked that livery, except for the red wing end plates, which look even worse on the R31.

Also the Pirelli logo should be curved to match the shape of the wheel. It just looks stupid.

Edited by Lighthouse