Broad : 5/0 in 16 balls

alpine_saint

Considering he was crap for the SL series and a lot of talk about him being dropped for Bresnan, the "kick up the ass" seems to have worked wonders.

And fair play to the Indian team yesterday for reversing the decision.

And fair play to England for grinding them into the dust during the afternoon as a way of saying thanks

Reason Broad was so shyte is he kept chucking short balls down the track, he became predictable. Now he is pitching it up, in the right places he is getting the rewards he deserves. And I too was one that was calling for him to be dropped.

Yep fair play indeed to the Indians, I am struggling to think if any other country would have reversed that decision... England? If it was Tendulkar, Dravid, VVS any of their top line batsman I cant see it myself. Pakistan? Ha ha. Australia, under pinhead certainly not, but its all speculation and conjecture and impossible to answer. My immediate thoughts on seeing Belly reisnstated were England bat too long, very late declaration thus leaving themselves too long to bowl India out, they bat the draw and everybody goes home happy... but thats just cynical ol' me

What the hell was Strauss playing at?

Should have declared when Bresnan was out - thankfully they're all out now for 544, but could have had 25 minutes extra before lunch to try and skittle a couple out.

Strauss's (sp) reluctance to declare when in a winning position continues to be a worry, thankfuuly the decision has been taken away from him.

Should have declared when Bresnan was out - thankfully they're all out now for 544, but could have had 25 minutes extra before lunch to try and skittle a couple out.

Strauss's (sp) reluctance to declare when in a winning position continues to be a worry, thankfuuly the decision has been taken away from him.

Yep you have Swann with a bashed hand being exposed to Sharma another whack & he could have been out for the second innings when it looks like we could have to bowl 100+ overs

Still all worked out in the end

Whilst I agree that Strauss is normally very defensive about his declarations, there was no need to rush here.

We are the worlds best side in English conditions and pitches. I still think we need to go to India and South Africa and win series there though to be considered the best. But Beating India by 319 runs is a phenomenal achievement.

This

Made all the more sweet by living down here and having many Indian friends & clients.

Ah looking forward to the next few days for a change.

Marvellous effort by the bowlers today blasting the chosen ones out like that on a wicket where we made 544. Outstanding

We are the worlds best side in English conditions and pitches. I still think we need to go to India and South Africa and win series there though to be considered the best. But Beating India by 319 runs is a phenomenal achievement.

I agree with every word. Superb performance in this Test though, and a great indication of the character and guts right through this team. After being 124-8 in the first innings, such a massive win is an astonishing achievement. How often have we seen England teams crumble from such a position? More than I care to remember. As you say though, the acid test will be going to South Africa and India and winning in both places. As things are, I'd back this England side to do just that.