Favourite Crisps

Crouchie's Lawyer

I don't care whether Pringles are no longer a crisp. The sour cream and onion flavour is almost completely worthy of their catch phrase.

Of traditional crisps, slightly salted kettle crisps are my favourite. But only if they are incredibly crisp, and not, as sometimes happens, slightly chewy.

EDIT: And Cheesy flavoured Wotsits are always good too. The rest can go hang.

Re-e-wind, when the crowd say bo, selecta.

When did pringles become a 'cake'?

FFS is this the PC brigade gone mad again? They do not have candles on top or a filling of strawberry, cream or chocolate, so how the fook can they be cake?

Thats like saying a carrot is a meat

A WRANGLE over one of the world's best-selling snacks has come to the crunch.

The makers of Pringles were yesterday celebrating a High Court ruling that the snack is not a crisp.

Mr Justice Warren's judgment means that, unlike regular crisp-makers, Pringles manufacturer Proctor & Gamble is exempt from paying VAT on its snack.

The firm had successfully challenged the ruling of a VAT tribunal that Pringles should be standard-rated at 17.5 per cent as the product fell within the definition of "potato crisps, potato sticks, potato puffs and similar products made from the potato, or from potato flour, or from potato starch".

The Pringles case comes several years after McVities successfully argued that Jaffa Cakes were cakes rather than biscuits. Marks & Spencer was involved in a similar wrangle more recently over its tea cakes, which HM Revenue & Customs officials insisted were biscuits.

http://saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3943

I was watching a Russell Brand standup routine the other night and he was joking about the Sun being like a mate you have that's slightly racist and you f::cking hate...whilst plying you with free trips to France for a pound...

It was funny because it is true...

Sadly i'm not sure INS can pick the good from the bad when it comes to such newspapers!

I was watching a Russell Brand standup routine the other night and he was joking about the Sun being like a mate you have that's slightly racist and you f::cking hate...whilst plying you with free trips to France for a pound...

It was funny because it is true...

Sadly i'm not sure INS can pick the good from the bad when it comes to such newspapers!

I do not read newspapers Scu, the innernets and telebox provides me with all the news I need.

My PC comment was said tongue in cheek too.

Re the pringles though, how did they get around the ruling? Im right in funking they are made from potatoes???

I personally believe that Kettle chips are overrated and that people are psychologically fooled by the "posh" packaging.

They are quite nice, but are just normal crisps that happen to be slightly harder.

OK I'm up for an alternative crisp that is crunchy and harder?

Mine is Crushed Black Pepper & Sea Salt Kettle Chips.

Tyrells hand cut chips are close but no cigar.

Walkers have turned to mass produced mush over the years, and as for Lays (which are a Pepsi brand you find worldwide but not sure about UK) they are cr*p except for the Spicy BBQ flavour ridges you only seem to find in Thailand

The beef and mustard Brannigans are also a favourite of mine, but are sold in few places :(

PL- You work in Eastleigh don't you?? Have a visit to Martins newsagent as they sell them in there!

Yep I do but have never seen them in there. I'll have to look when I go back to work next week.

Too close to home IMO! :)

Oh, and if your 'tarded pompey mong facebook friend 'Andy' is going to set up a group about Robert Prosienecki and Slavan Bilic being Poopeys dream ticket, can you tell the mong that its spelt Prosinecki.

He only played at your club for a number for years FFS! :rolleyes:

Tell him yourself, believe me you'll wish you didn't. :smt002