FM12 Demo Out Now

Matthew Le God

Are PC World selling the game can't find it on their website at all
]]

yes, but go in and ask. i went in there to get a copy, and asked if they had it in stock, he said " na, if its not on the shelf then clearly not. it came out today didnt it"

out pops my friend " yes connor, we have loads out back"

How is everyone getting on? I'm 5th going into December - 4 points off the top 2.

I'm finding the full game way more frustrating than the demo. Have had so many injuries its ridiculous. Seems that 2 players go off with knocks every single game!

Have had Fraser and Danny Fox out injured about 3 or 4 times already.

It took a while for me to get Rickie firing but he's looking good now.

My team:

Davis

Richardson----Fonte----Chambers----Fox

---------------Morgan-------------------

------Hammond----Cork----------

---------Lallana-----------

Lambert----Sordell

Steam says it's not available in South Korea, which is ridiculous. Looks like a torrent is my only solution

Because of licensing issues they can't sell the game in South Korea. You need to import a copy and activate the code from it.

Finally got around to having a go today and to be honest think it is a bit "meh" really. More of the same as before, nothing really new other then the ability to add new leagues. Which is great but feels just more of an update then a new title.

The other thing is i still don't get how the game runs so slow for what it is. It is just a database but yet seems to hog all the processing power. I have a 4.6ghz processor and it still runs slow on that even though i have a very high end pc. In the Gamespot review they actually say that it is why it got only an 8 as in this day and age it shouldn't be like that.

I hope for the next one SI can maybe create a new engine that is more in line with modern ones and isn't such a resource hog. The fact it runs slower then say a game like Battlefield 3 which is far more complex is a bit silly. Or games such as Total War which have bazillions of different things going on at the same-time. How much "power" should it use just tracking text code? If they could sort that out it would be great. Because to finish a season now takes a long long time.

Finally got around to having a go today and to be honest think it is a bit "meh" really. More of the same as before, nothing really new other then the ability to add new leagues. Which is great but feels just more of an update then a new title.

The other thing is i still don't get how the game runs so slow for what it is. It is just a database but yet seems to hog all the processing power. I have a 4.6ghz processor and it still runs slow on that even though i have a very high end pc. In the Gamespot review they actually say that it is why it got only an 8 as in this day and age it shouldn't be like that.

I hope for the next one SI can maybe create a new engine that is more in line with modern ones and isn't such a resource hog. The fact it runs slower then say a game like Battlefield 3 which is far more complex is a bit silly. Or games such as Total War which have bazillions of different things going on at the same-time. How much "power" should it use just tracking text code? If they could sort that out it would be great. Because to finish a season now takes a long long time.

This has been my gripe with the game and actually puts be off buying the game. Whys should it cook my processor just to run this.

I seem to be doing rather well at the moment, made the following signings:

2011102400002.jpg

Playing the following formation:

2011102400007.jpg

Got the following results:

2011102400001.jpg

I'm especially pleased with the 7-1 demolition of Derby, especially as none of the goals came from my two front men and their goal was an own goal. The 4-0 win over Sunderland in the cup was pretty special too. The draw with Leeds was disappointing, we dominated the whole game but Morgan gave away a silly penalty.

I've been doing reasonably.

Inesplicably lost my first league game to Millwall 2-0 after a good pre-season but then went on a 10 game winning streak to be 5 points clear after 11 games.

Having a rough patch now. Stuck with the initial £5m budget rather than upgrading expectations and am now a little short of strength in depth.

I also only spotted a few games in that I hadn't noticed any reserve team results and after checking my reserves have no fixtures at all for the whole season!! No wonder they're lacking match fitness. Major bug. Hopefully its a one off.

I also only spotted a few games in that I hadn't noticed any reserve team results and after checking my reserves have no fixtures at all for the whole season!! No wonder they're lacking match fitness. Major bug. Hopefully its a one off.

Not a bug at all.

Southampton in real life aren't in a reserve league, if you want them to have friendly fixtures during the season you have to arrange them yourself or get your assistant to arrange them. You will have the option to rejoin the reserve league with Saints in the summer of 2012.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Not a bug at all.

Southampton in real life aren't in a reserve league, if you want them to have friendly fixtures during the season you have to arrange them yourself or get your assistant to arrange them. You will have the option to rejoin the reserve league with Saints in the summer of 2012.

Ah.

B*gger.

I have my assistant set to arrange frendlies for the first team. Is there a separate tickbox for the reserves?

I am just about to start season 3 with saints..

season 1 - finished 4th and won the playoffs

season 2 - finished 16th after an amazing start where I was top after 7 games...and had a horrible end to the season and just stayed up..

about to start season 3 after bringing in various new coaches and having £35m to spend (after saying I will qualify for the EURO cup)

my team for the start of season 3.

---------------Foster

bardsley----c. davies---ridgewell----fox

-------------Cork

------------Noble

Guly-------Lallana-----Shakiri

------------Bent

I am just about to start season 3 with saints..

season 1 - finished 4th and won the playoffs

season 2 - finished 16th after an amazing start where I was top after 7 games...and had a horrible end to the season and just stayed up..

about to start season 3 after bringing in various new coaches and having £35m to spend (after saying I will qualify for the EURO cup)

my team for the start of season 3.

---------------Foster

bardsley----c. davies---ridgewell----fox

-------------Cork

------------Noble

Guly-------Lallana-----Shakiri

------------Bent

Had much to do over the weekend TDD? ;)

Just had my two best results so far. 2-0 down away to Pompey at half-time, pulled it back to 2-2 before Chris Martin got himself a 2nd yellow for diving in the 89th minute and I thought I'd blown my chance of snatching the win, only for Harding to play a long ball over the top to Martinez in the 93rd minute for him to stick it in the top corner.

Next game was away to Chelsea in the Carling Cup, came out very defensively but managed to go 2-0 down by the 40th minute, so switched to my normal style attacking style. This prompted Rickie Lambert and Danny Fox to start tearing up the Chelsea defence and secured me a quite incredible 4-2 win.

Started a new game with Saints on a larger database than on the demo version and I was absolutely sh!te. Made a few signings but suffered 5 straight defeats:

NPC - Saints 2 Reading 3 (Early penalty, Lambert off with a head injury just after half-time)

LC - Charlton 4 Saints 3 (Cork sent off early on, came back from 4-0 down but couldn't get an equaliser)

NPC - Donny 3 Saints 0 (Sharp tore us a new one, Fonte had a match rating of 4.2!)

NPC - Saints 1 Birmingham 2 (Brum nicked a late winner courtesy of Curtis Davies)

NPC - Watford 1 Saints 0 (Sordell scored early on, heads dipped and we were sh!te)

I feel embarrassed. Going to manage Scotland for a bit I think.

My team:

Davis (Amos)

Richardson Loovens Baloy(£2.5mil) Fox

--------------Davis(£800k)

--------------Cork

Medina(£700k)---------------Lallana

Quintero(£2.5mil) Harewood(£200k)

Baloy was injured for first 3 months but still sat in 3rd and he's just come back into the side! Quintero absolutely class up top as so quick!

As much as I'm enjoying wiping the floor with everyone in sight I'm starting to worry the game might be a bit easy, just had to play Watford at home, 2nd game in 3 days, loads of players going into it with around 80% fitness. Won 7-0 and Lambert got 6, bizarre.

What's wrong with it? Error message?

Okay for a start, I open the programme and it wants an update. That happens every time I open the damn thing - no matter how many times it says it's done it.

It then froze the first five or six times after I had launched it.

Now, it wants an update of 2525.2MB. Why? The game is five days old! My internet connection is so bad, the speed is peaking at 58.4KB, so it's going to take all day to download.

What was wrong with just putting a CD into a drive and playing? It's PATHETIC. It won't stop piracy either. Nothing will.

starting my 4th season (if anyone actually cares - which i doubt)

finished 8th in my 3rd season and claim I will qualify for the champions league now lol

----------foster

naughton--dann---davies----ridgewell

------------scheiderlin

--------noble------lansbury

shakiri------------------------lallana

--------------bent

subs

davis

fonte

fox

Jenas

valbuena

de ridder

jay rodrigez

Game itself is pretty good.

The Steam crap is f*cking rubbish, causes so many more problems than it fixes, allthough I have actually spent money on a game that all in all is the same as it has been for the past god knows how many years with only a few changes I am now actually considering downloading the crack when they actually get around to it, and they will just so I don't have to deal with f*cking STEAM

It took over 12 hours but I updated Steam and have actually got a game going.

First impressions, don't like the skin. Way too much going on at once. 3D match engine isn't as improved as I thought it would be either.

I was exactly the same, but it's really grown on me since.