Fireworks

S41NTS

A friend of mine is having a fireworks & bonfire party on saturday night and there is a prize for the biggest rocket.

Does anyone know where I can get a very very big rocket?

Try the North Korean Embassy, or possibly the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Think they are the main suppliers these days.

HTH

A friend of mine is having a fireworks & bonfire party on saturday night and there is a prize for the biggest rocket.

Try the North Korean Embassy, or possibly the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Think they are the main suppliers these days.

HTH

My brother is asking us to do the same thing - with the big rocket...

I'm going to get one of those multi firework things, where you light it once and lots of rockets go up - buy one get one free in Homebase too....

Try top end of Shirley High Street, cant remember the name of the shop (look for big inflatable firework outside)

I bought one from there last year that was about 8ft tall !!

That sounds like what I'm looking for.

Do you remember what it was called?

Go to Pains Fireworks in Whiteparish. You can get professional display standard fireworks for use at home. www.painsfireworks.com. About £90 should see you alright for a 2 minute finale box with is a single ignition firing. You won't get anything of that sort of quality from any market, farm or DIY shed.

The competition is for the biggest rocket, there are strict rules on this so turning up with a single ignition display isnt going to help. Saying that I am probably going to get one as well.

Its a single rocket that I'm after, the biggest wins.

The competition is for the biggest rocket, there are strict rules on this so turning up with a single ignition display isnt going to help. Saying that I am probably going to get one as well.

Its a single rocket that I'm after, the biggest wins.

OK. That's a shame as single rockets are pretty unimpressive fireworks in my opinion. The method of propulsion (the rocket motor) is heavy and relatively large in comparison to a shell or any sort of aerial firework which is launched by a lifting charge. As a consequence rockets tend to carry a relatively small payload of stars.

If your competition is all about physical size on the ground before launch I advise you to buy a decent size rocket from retail then remove the stick it comes with and replace it with a longer stick just so that you make it bigger. make sure the stick is as light as possible though as it is additional weight that the rocket motor has to get up in the air.

OK. That's a shame as single rockets are pretty unimpressive fireworks in my opinion. The method of propulsion (the rocket motor) is heavy and relatively large in comparison to a shell or any sort of aerial firework which is launched by a lifting charge. As a consequence rockets tend to carry a relatively small payload of stars.

If your competition is all about physical size on the ground before launch I advise you to buy a decent size rocket from retail then remove the stick it comes with and replace it with a longer stick just so that you make it bigger. make sure the stick is as light as possible though as it is additional weight that the rocket motor has to get up in the air.

I dont disagree with your opinion at all but thats the competition and it makes it a little more interesting than a who can spend the most money competition. The single ignition display firworks can get quite big and its just a case of who can spend the most money to get the large ones.

Its also the rocket size i.e. the plastic bit on the end so I dont think i'll get away with a longer stick. I will try that one as a bit of a joke entry though, a long piece of bamboo should do nicely.

I've dedicated tomorrow morning to going between fireworks shops until I find the biggest one I can... I believe a few of the other competition entries will be doing the same.

what is it with you men???????

you're obssessed with size!!!! :rolleyes:

it's not how big it is that counts, it's the angle of trajectory as it travels upwards, and the feeling of pleasure you get when it goes bang!! that is most important!!!! ;)

i'm sure all the TSW laydees (and one or two of the men, no doubt) would agree :D

what is it with you men???????

you're obssessed with size!!!! :rolleyes:

it's not how big it is that counts, it's the angle of trajectory as it travels upwards, and the feeling of pleasure you get when it goes bang!! that is most important!!!! ;)

i'm sure all the TSW laydees (and one or two of the men, no doubt) would agree :D

I bet all the TSW laydees like a rocket in their back garden...;)