Importance of going 2 in a row

brightspark

A check of the upcoming fixtures sees:

Bristol City (H)

Wolves (H)

Reading (A)

Plymouth (H)

We have to get over this pathetic live on tv crapness and get a second win on the bounce. It is important so that it proves to people we are not 'rubbish' and that the PNE comeback wasn't just a one off.

Though its also important due to those nasty 2 fixtures after bristol. If you look at the current quality of those 2 teams, we will be lucky to get anything from 6.

Like everyone really happy with what happened at Preston. Couldnt believe it!!! But if we cant win next week its likely we'll be back in the bottom 3 come Plymouth.

COYR!!!

A check of the upcoming fixtures sees:

Bristol City (H)

Wolves (H)

Reading (A)

Plymouth (H)

We have to get over this pathetic live on tv crapness and get a second win on the bounce. It is important so that it proves to people we are not 'rubbish' and that the PNE comeback wasn't just a one off.

Though its also important due to those nasty 2 fixtures after bristol. If you look at the current quality of those 2 teams, we will be lucky to get anything from 6.

Like everyone really happy with what happened at Preston. Couldnt believe it!!! But if we cant win next week its likely we'll be back in the bottom 3 come Plymouth.

COYR!!!

Keep the faith, we will overcome this tv jinx and win no probs. As for the next two games following, four points from six :D

Other than the 6 points, winning 2 games on the bounce really doesn't mean that much for Saints.

We have had several instances in the past where we have won 3 or 4 on the bounce, then been beaten by some crappy side, like QPR at home in the playoff season.

We beat Donny and Norwich, then were as bad as we've ever been for the trip to Coventry.

we have to beat brizzol as there is no chance on gods green earth we will beat either wolves or reading...

Did we not draw with a strong West Ham side pre season and knock Birmingham out of the cup? Maybe we can raise our game again against these 'big' teams and get some suprise results :cool:

Did we not draw with a strong West Ham side pre season and knock Birmingham out of the cup? Maybe we can raise our game again against these 'big' teams and get some suprise results :cool:

I TO hope we can turn over a big side, but i would not hold to much stall in a pre season friendly or mickey mouse cup result.

I hope Jan sticks with a settled side and builds on Saturdays performance to give ALL the lads confidence, an early goal for us Saturday will help or else the anxiety from the crowd will transmit to the players

the bristol city game is on sky. we never do well on sky. all the recent times we've lost.

in fact the last time i remember us doing well on tv was the 4-0 win over spurs in 04!!!

Saints won away at Burnley last season on sky. Won at home v Luton previous season.

I'm pretty sure we won a few games on sky at home to pompey, liverpool and Fulham as well after that spurs win.

we have to beat brizzol as there is no chance on gods green earth we will beat either wolves or reading...

At about four o'clock on Saturday there was no chance of us beating Preston, much much stranger things have happened.

There is no Sky jynx. I bet if you look at our record of Sky games over say the last 5 years, the average points per game wont be far off the average for the whole season.

We have been relegated once and come within 20 minutes another time. You have to be consistently gash for that to happen, not just a couple of dodgy TV games.