'Forever blowing bubbles' ?!?!

saints_is_the_south

So who else was utterly embarassed to be stood in the Northam tonight, when the song of one of our main promotion rivals got sung not once but all of 3 fecking times.

A few of us tried to drown these morons out but there seemed to be quite a lot singing it. There really are some grade A idiots amongst our support. Looking forward to getting back to the Kingsland North on Saturday for sure.

So who else was utterly embarassed to be stood in the Northam tonight, when the song of one of our main promotion rivals got sung not once but all of 3 fecking times.

A few of us tried to drown these morons out but there seemed to be quite a lot singing it. There really are some grade A idiots amongst our support. Looking forward to getting back to the Kingsland North on Saturday for sure.

This

I remember the same being sung last time we played them. Fortunately it wasn't very loud.

Believe it or not, they get it most places they go. Just like we get 'Small town in portsmouth' and 'Play up Pomp*y' everywhere we go

but we hardly ever get that...

Some of our fans seem keen to join the green street elite by singing it several times when we play millwall

but we hardly ever get that...

Some of our fans seem keen to join the green street elite by singing it several times when we play millwall

Pretty much every away game I've been to (except Brighton) they've sung that to us.

Indeed some of our fans do seem keen to act like the GSE, but believe me, we are not the only ones

I should have known better than to go in the Northam for a poorly supported cup game, but it does seriously attract the thickest element of our support. What utterly sh*t choices of songs - Why sing that sh*tty Palace song that every tin-pot club in the country has copied. Same goes for the attempted "Just Can't get enough" tune for the Tadanari Lee song, absolutely embarrassing garbarge and then to round it off a significant majority signing their hearts out to Blowing Bubbles. Absolute, clueless knobheads.

They couldn't even sing "that sh*tty Palace song" (anyone know what its actually called?) right, banging on the plastic at the back whilst singing just made it sound dreadful. The bubbles singing was so cringeworthy I moved to the front of the Northam at half time, definitely sitting in the Itchen next cup game.

Singing in support of the oppositions biggest rivals is something thats been going on for years, but to sing "bubbles" then westham is our next game & have so far this season been our biggest rivals for promotion ffs. Unfortunately not everyone has the experience & knowlegde to work this out.

why on earth I chose to sit in the Northam last night I will never know. Full of clueless kids that seem to know the square route of **** all about the game. I could not be more embarrassed by the `Blowing Bubbles' renditions. Have a word with yourself if you sang that once twice or thrice. Mind you at least they turned up. Where was our great support?

The worst ever was the Northam singing "Chelsea Chelsea" at the Man U fans in the Cup a few years back when Mourhino was winning everything. I nearly died of embarrassment.

I am still recovering from that. It was horrendous, and showed what clueless supporters we have.

Nothing has changed it seems.

They couldn't even sing "that sh*tty Palace song" (anyone know what its actually called?) right, banging on the plastic at the back whilst singing just made it sound dreadful. The bubbles singing was so cringeworthy I moved to the front of the Northam at half time, definitely sitting in the Itchen next cup game.

I noticed a few idiots trying that at the Leicester game. It sounds crap when Palace do it but to copy them is just embarrassing.

There was a lot of 'fans' that are not normally in the Northam last night,happens at all cup games...it was these idiots that were singing this!

I noticed a few idiots trying that at the Leicester game. It sounds crap when Palace do it but to copy them is just embarrassing.
Exactly. Quite a few trying to sing it at Brum as well. I know very few football songs are particulalry original, but to a) Copy Crystal f****g Palace, b) Copy a s**t song like that. c) Be one of the last to jump on the bandwagon after every tinpot team from Carlisle to Colchester.

I remember when the Sheffield Wednesday support back in the 90s started that "song" they'd copied from the dutch I think. We've always ripped the p**s out of them and all the other small time teams that copied it, should be the same with this one.

Exactly. Quite a few trying to sing it at Brum as well. I know very few football songs are particulalry original, but to a) Copy Crystal f****g Palace, b) Copy a s**t song like that. c) Be one of the last to jump on the bandwagon after every tinpot team from Carlisle to Colchester.

I remember when the Sheffield Wednesday support back in the 90s started that "song" they'd copied from the dutch I think. We've always ripped the p**s out of them and all the other small time teams that copied it, should be the same with this one.

Yep, I heard it at Brum aswell. Thankfully it didn't really get going but it's only a matter of time. *facepalm thing*

Utterly cringeworthy.

Lots of people sung it at Millwall away. My 13 year old brother even found it embarrassing ffs. Full grown men were even doing the whole UNITED UNITED thing as if they were on Green Street.

To those who sing i- as i'm sure theres plenty viewing this thread. When teams sing play up pompey to us do you find it so witty/offensive you feel the need to do he same thing?

'just a small town in West Ham...'

I remember the days of the Archers Road end and the early days of the northam. There were quite often some witty chants made up ont he spot that took off straight away, generally directed to an individual away supporter or a player on the pitch. This would never happen now, as soon as a song starts which does not involve clapping like a down syndrome seal or is not to the tune of sloop john b, it just doesnt work.

I cant think of the last chant we have had which has not been taken from another team. Other than the most hilarious and intimidating song of all time, "look like a wotsit".

But to sing "Im forever blowing bubbles" is just pathetic, did people really think it was going to get under the millwall fans' skin. Or did people actually think they were being really funny.

As the poster above said, do you actually think it is funny when every team sings "small team in portsmouth"? It is boring.

Gone are the days of us actually being known as one of the wittiest sets of fans, we are now even more predictible than Colchester and MK Dons. Even though the Palace song is utter w@nk, at least it was original when they started singing it.