Hooray a take-over rumour

dubai_phil

Been rummaging around the Newsnow site and read the article below

http://www.fansonline.net/southampton/article.php?id=412

(nothing that hasn't been discussed on here)

Only to see that John has insider information at the bottom that we're about to be bought by a bunch of Arabs.....

John

05 November 2008

I heard a little rumour that we have agreed to be brought 'in principle' by a group of arabs... How true this is I can't say, but comes from the inside

Good on ya John boy, was getting boring talking about football, the old days and best wins.

Oh and if anyone would like an essay on why this is as unlikely as Trousers discovering an ear lobe cloning factory, am happy to oblige.

(A hint - Google Kuwait stock exchange losses, Saudi Banks injecting 2.1bn to cover losses by Nationals in banks/stocks and Dubai having almost more debt as a percentage of GDP than Iceland)

But hey it's fun time again. Who is John and who is the source?

:rolleyes:

Only to see that John has insider information at the bottom that we're about to be bought by a bunch of Arabs.....

John

05 November 2008

I heard a little rumour that we have agreed to be brought 'in principle' by a group of arabs... How true this is I can't say, but comes from the inside

Good on ya John boy, was getting boring talking about football, the old days and best wins.

Oh and if anyone would like an essay on why this is as unlikely as Trousers discovering an ear lobe cloning factory, am happy to oblige.

(A hint - Google Kuwait stock exchange losses, Saudi Banks injecting 2.1bn to cover losses by Nationals in banks/stocks and Dubai having almost more debt as a percentage of GDP than Iceland)

at least it gets more traffic going on the site.

at least it gets more traffic going on the site.

yep, I reckon half the posters on here have set up some sort of special screening software - TSW + Takeover - this place will be busier than a repo mans office within hours, you watch.

(I found new toys btw I like this one)

:smt037

John

05 November 2008

Long shot, Morph?

Can't actually see anything about a takeover, but the rumour about Gerrard is quite interesting, not Stephen of course, but cousin Anthony. Looks quite a useful prospect at CB. More likely than the Johnson transfer rumour in my view.

Can't actually see anything about a takeover, but the rumour about Gerrard is quite interesting, not Stephen of course, but cousin Anthony. Looks quite a useful prospect at CB. More likely than the Johnson transfer rumour in my view.

The revolving door is probably what we all expect anyway - hope for money for those on loan to reduce the overdraft, if we have to sell "up and coming stars" have a list of those who could be bought as future investments as well as bring balance to the team. But enough of football back to the takeover! :badgrin:

FYI The comment is tucked away down at the bottom below the can we keep Cork question and above the marketing for their own "forum"

It isn't editorial hence why I copied only the comment to avoid getting my wrist slapped by the Mods!

and / or Fulthorpe?

Now that could be really funny. Club leaks Arab takeover rumour to make Fulthorpe put up or shut up...

hmmmmmmm

You know with local currency linked to the dollar, the price has dropped 25% since last year even before we haggle...

Damn where did I put those coins from the back of the sofa?

Phil, I'll put 50p on getting the thread to page five by the weekend if you can put some extra spin on this - eg, investors pulling out of Charlton because they saw a bigger bargain a bit further south.

Or £1 if you can find some entertaining noodlehead to come on here to say they are brokering the deal.

There isn't anything between those two items...anymore.....(?)

OK I still have the old page open pm me your email & I'll send the print screen & saved html file as I have NO idea how to post that (only just found all the extra smileys!):smt043

See I TOLD you it was a take-over thread why else would they suddenly remove it!

OK I still have the old page open pm me your email & I'll send the print screen & saved html file as I have NO idea how to post that (only just found all the extra smileys!):smt043

See I TOLD you it was a take-over thread why else would they suddenly remove it!

By jove....I've got it....you're "John"...and you updated the page before posting about it on here.

Nice try Phil... ;)

Phil, I'll put 50p on getting the thread to page five by the weekend if you can put some extra spin on this - eg, investors pulling out of Charlton because they saw a bigger bargain a bit further south.

Or £1 if you can find some entertaining noodlehead to come on here to say they are brokering the deal.

OK enough with the jokes. How did you find out about your first paragraph? Only 4 people know that

I did post something at the time Charlton announced that.......

And are those two comments linked?

The mysterious removal is one thing, the mouse with ears and you finding that out and becoming ITK. This story has wings.....

By jove....I've got it....you're "John"...and you updated the page before posting about it on here.

Nice try Phil... ;)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

It took me 18 months to find out how to do smileys FFS

I only got on here after my mate showed me how to type.

It was Eric

Curiouser and curiouser

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/3384747/Tom-Hicks-and-George-Gillett-fail-to-land-Middle-East-consortium-in-Liverpool-bid-Football.html

Gillett and Hicks, Liverpool's American owners, are understood to have been locked in talks with a Middle East consortium last month before the deal was dramatically scuppered.

Well that's been an entertaining hour of co-incidences

I suspect that the credit crunch has really bitten in to "Scouser Mike". Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon is now readying himself for the kill. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Leon has now got his team positioned. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect that Barclays are more confident in the new team. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

I suspect tht Lowe, Cowen, Wilde are history. Although I do not know and this is all IMHO.

But I have met Anthony Salz on a few occasions

COYR

Kindest Regards

Morph

Morph's been a bit quiet. Wishful thinking on his part IMHO?;)

John

05 November 2008

Own up who added the two comments?

YEAH like "My inside man dubai_phil says the deal is close" Comment by Tommac! lol ;)

Ha - just seen that one. Even funnier, but at least we know the second quote is a wind up....

it's tommac with a small t

Nice try LLS - got ya

oh btw

Only thing I've been inside this month was the pub (and not last night!)

Oh and just to keep Roman happy - this now smells like a deliberate cover up....

Phil.

I know its off track but i was working in Bangkok a few weeks ago and watching the sports channels in my hotel,one of which was a (i think) a dubai sports channel they kept showing a lot of le tiss goals, any idea why they kept showing his goals apart from the obvious that they were all good.

Phil.

I know its off track but i was working in Bangkok a few weeks ago and watching the sports channels in my hotel,one of which was a (i think) a dubai sports channel they kept showing a lot of le tiss goals, any idea why they kept showing his goals apart from the obvious that they were all good.

Depends if it was the Dubai Sports Channel then they have very few rights to anything resembling "western" sport and probably just got a copy of his greatest goals DVD. But there have been some shows about "EPL" leading scorers.

His name hasn't been mentioned down here in regards to Sports City/Investment/Property and (sadly) much of his career was before the global explosion in Satellite coverage so he isn't really that well known.

(By that i mean we have Becker, Lauda and others building property, Els, Woods et al building golf courses) and one of the Milan teams coming for a tournament

If you want the official Saints in ME link - they DID have a mid season friendly in Bahrain about 10 years ago while MLT was playing. I couldn't go, but I heard that one person went to the game wearing a Saints shirt.

Maybe Rupert found the phone number of the team that invited them down?

John

05 November 2008

John -

1. The American name for a prostitutes client (As in Willie Tee's - Thank You John)

2. Unknown male cadaver as in John Doe

The source has most definitely got to be HP.

Phil.

Perhaps Lowe has convinced them he is still playing

John -

1. The American name for a prostitutes client (As in Willie Tee's - Thank You John)

2. Unknown male cadaver as in John Doe

The source has most definitely got to be HP.

Agree with the first two, but not the last line. HP has proved pretty reliable in the past, I think this time around it could be a Chilli & Garlic Tomato Ketchup

Agree with the first two, but not the last line. HP has proved pretty reliable in the past, I think this time around it could be a Chilli & Garlic Tomato Ketchup

I had not considered a tomato based sauce!

Last week there was a guy at Eastleigh Market, he was selling all sorts of spicy condiments and he has a retail outlet in Lyndhurst. I tried his 'Devil's Blood' sauce which is chilli based. You won't need a lot of it he said. Well, I'm a fair connoisseur of chilli so I warily tried it. Booom! It was lovely and I knew so because I immediately started the hiccups (a well known reaction to chilli) so I asked what was in it.

'Double concentrate Naga' he replied.

I declined his offer of an 80ml bottle because £6.95 was a bit steep!

Depends if it was the Dubai Sports Channel then they have very few rights to anything resembling "western" sport and probably just got a copy of his greatest goals DVD. But there have been some shows about "EPL" leading scorers.

His name hasn't been mentioned down here in regards to Sports City/Investment/Property and (sadly) much of his career was before the global explosion in Satellite coverage so he isn't really that well known.

(By that i mean we have Becker, Lauda and others building property, Els, Woods et al building golf courses) and one of the Milan teams coming for a tournament

If you want the official Saints in ME link - they DID have a mid season friendly in Bahrain about 10 years ago while MLT was playing. I couldn't go, but I heard that one person went to the game wearing a Saints shirt.

Maybe Rupert found the phone number of the team that invited them down?

Cheers Phil.

OK some general homework for those interested. (Sort of a lol at Abu Dhabi guys as well)

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/536583-they-think-its-all-over

and this one

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/537074-zabeel-charlton-deal-opened-pandoras-box

Now as I posted at the time - I still think this can be read as Charlton screw up their big opportunity by opening their big mouths and announcing the deal. The guys down here would not have liked that and Hashimi says as much.

So when dealing with this part of the world, you STFU about it Charlton

OK some general homework for those interested. (Sort of a lol at Abu Dhabi guys as well)

and this one

Now as I posted at the time - I still think this can be read as Charlton screw up their big opportunity by opening their big mouths and announcing the deal. The guys down here would not have liked that and Hashimi says as much.

From the first link:

The assets are the football team, and as long as you have a decent football team it's going to feed into the top line revenues," he continues. "But if you're not investing in your football team on an annual basis, your business model becomes constrained because gate receipts and TV revenues are dependent upon success on the pitch. If you don't get the right manager or team together, that makes your life very difficult."

Sounds familiar;)

and this one

Hey Phil... As I work for M u b a d a l a now, do you want me to ask if they've got any spare cash knocking around?? I mean, a 100% stake in Saints can't be any more than a 5% stake in Ferrari???

I found 2000 rupee in my pocket the other day, but I've never been further east than Greece.

I'm happy to put it in the pot though if it will help generate an "Asian group interested in Saint's" rumour.

SHHHHH! dont say anything about Asian investment please,its still at an early stage,I even had to remove my Indian flag Avator!