David Norris

Scummer

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081110/tuk-anger-over-handcuff-celebration-45dbed5.html

Personally I think he was wrong to do it. Fair enough going to see him in prison to support him, but dedicating a celebration to him is a bit wrong.

He did afterall kill those two kids and their dad.

Edit: He tries to worm his way out of it by saying it was a private celebration, not the McCormick celebration.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081110/tuk-anger-over-handcuff-celebration-45dbed5.html

Personally I think he was wrong to do it. Fair enough going to see him in prison to support him, but dedicating a celebration to him is a bit wrong.

He did afterall kill those two kids and their dad.

The dad didn't die. I don't think he's in a good way though.

The Daily Mail will not be happy with this...

I know people think they are a little brash and jump to 'have a go' at people quickly, but surely you cant condone this?

The Daily Mail gets a lot of stick about publishing strong views, some of it merited, however, fair play to them for having the balls to speak out against people who do wrong things.

Soceity has turned into a bit of a 'so long as Im not affected directly, ill just sit quietly in the corner and let it be' and its comment like that which make people not want to express any view of their own, for fear they will be branded 'too stongly viewed'

The Daily Mail will not be happy with this...

The Mirror have beaten them to it.

I'm in two minds really. Obviously it was a bloody stupid thing to do, but apparently no-one even noticed at the time. None of the commentators mentioned it, it wasn't discussed at the post match press conference, and the Ipswich message boards didn't even pick up on it.

Would it have been better for the family if it had passed without comment, rather than them having newspaper journalists turn up on their doorstep yesterday?

The Mirror have beaten them to it.

I'm in two minds really. Obviously it was a bloody stupid thing to do, but apparently no-one even noticed at the time. None of the commentators mentioned it, it wasn't discussed at the post match press conference, and the Ipswich message boards didn't even pick up on it.

Would it have been better for the family if it had passed without comment, rather than them having newspaper journalists turn up on their doorstep yesterday?

If no-one linked it at the time, even on fans, then why as soon as some bored journo decides to link the two does it become gospel? The play has even come out and said "no, its nothing to do with that". I, for one, feel we should give Norris the benefit of the doubt here. Its not like he scored and then held up a banner saying "Well Done McCormick", is it?

It looks to be like someone, a journo, saw the celebration and though "Hmm, that looks a little bit like a hand cuff sign", which is does a little bit I guess, then he went "hold on, Norris used to play for Plymouth and THATS WHERE THAT KEEPER WAS THAT KILLED THOSE KIDS! Damn, Thats a story right there...."

All a bit to speculative for me.

It looks to be like someone, a journo, saw the celebration and though "Hmm, that looks a little bit like a hand cuff sign", which is does a little bit I guess, then he went "hold on, Norris used to play for Plymouth and THATS WHERE THAT KEEPER WAS THAT KILLED THOSE KIDS! Damn, Thats a story right there...."

It was Norris's wedding that McCormick was at , ****ing it up before he done them murders.

So when Norris came out saying it wasnt a handcuff celebration, he had the perfect chance to quash the rumour, by elaborating on what the celebration was actually about.

Yet he chose to say 'it was a private celebration'.

Smacks to me of him being caught and not having time to work out or think of a alaby.

Fair enough if he wishes to support a mate, but as Hatch says, doing it in the public eye is not right.

Experts said the goalkeeper was "at best semi-conscious" after drinking all night

McCormick was twice the drink-drive limit when he crashed

Now, either this McCormick fella is a complete lightweight or one of these articles is lying.

For what it's worth, I tihnk its fine for him to support his mate, but probably not the best way to do it...

Now, either this McCormick fella is a complete lightweight or one of these articles is lying.

For what it's worth, I tihnk its fine for him to support his mate, but probably not the best way to do it...

I believe it was more to do with a mixture of a) drink b) lack of sleep and c) Having a long driving journey which casued the accident. Not that I am excusing it.

The semi-concious quote is probably referring to the above 3 reasons, not just the drink. I think I read a report saying right after he hit them, he was walking around saying 'sorry, I just fell asleep' and witnesses reported his BMW was swerving all over the road

if my mate kills someone accidently, is it wrong for me to still be his mate and for me to go see him in jail and think of him sometimes?

NO

Nothing wrong with that no.

Bit dubious celebrating a goal with actions dedicated to him though which is in the public eye for all to see.

I mean, for example, you wouldnt talk about your mate who had killed two kids infront of the parents would you? Even if you were thinking of him.

if my mate kills someone accidently, is it wrong for me to still be his mate and for me to go see him in jail and think of him sometimes?

NO

Nothing wrong with that, but if it was your two little kids who were killed by a drunk, would you fell p!ssed of if a footballer almost celebrated his mate??

Totally blown out of proportion like everything else, however Norris is a heartless **** and knew full well he would get negative press coverage from it. Disrespectful to the family.

This quote made me chuckle. "Norris is doing this in front of thousands of supporters, including children, and sending out the wrong message that we can drink and drive and it's okay to kill someone." What a load of tripe. Of course he didn't. Shouldn't have done it though.

When I score next I am going to do the same celebration, I bet nothing is made of it.

Did I mention that I scored on Saturday and a hat trick yesterday, when I played as a ringpiece. I also got booked and had to remember what my name was.

Great story, well done me.

Love Saints, love SaintStevo xx

When I score next I am going to do the same celebration, I bet nothing is made of it.

Did I mention that I scored on Saturday and a hat trick yesterday, when I played as a ringpiece. I also got booked and had to remember what my name was.

Great story, well done me.

Love Saints, love SaintStevo xx

I love your posts so much I am going to pay your fiver for you, Mods - sort it out please.

xxx

I had to remember my name, as that was the name that I was, but luckily I remembered it. I am a fraudster and I will go down on your Mumz.

So what your essentially saying is that you were an illegal immigrant playing for a team which you (given your real name) were not registered for?

tut tut.

You will be claiming benefits fraudulently now, its a slippery slope

So what your essentially saying is that you were an illegal immigrant playing for a team which you (given your real name) were not registered for?

tut tut.

You will be claiming benefits fraudulently now, its a slippery slope

No, I was saying that I played under a false name 'cos i'm a bada55 mother that's going to go down on your Mumz. I was also bragging to an innernet audience of my accolades, as I have no peers in society for me to receive praise from, thus I come on here every hour god lets me to seek the adulation that I crave.

Then like that I am gone again, but am I gone, or am I just finding your Mumz?

I will let you know tomorrow you Mumz sonz and daughterz.

I am funnies, I type like I speak babyish, hahaha ting tang xx

No, I was saying that I played under a false name 'cos i'm a bada55 mother that's going to go down on your Mumz. I was also bragging to an innernet audience of my accolades, as I have no peers in society for me to receive praise from, thus I come on here every hour god lets me to seek the adulation that I crave.

Then like that I am gone again, but am I gone, or am I just finding your Mumz?

I will let you know tomorrow you Mumz sonz and daughterz.

I am funnies, I type like I speak babyish, hahaha ting tang xx

So when selecting a false name, is it completely randomified or do you go for funny names?

Go and visit him in prison discretly, nothing wrong with that, but to show 'support' for him (not that the **** deserves any) in the public domain is all rather stupid, and brings Norris across as thick. No surprise there then.