Outfits and shopping lists for the new season

Turkish

I was going to. Interesting read as haven't looked on this thread for ages. I think he would just be pleased it is being talked about on a football forum. They have obviously grown very quickly in the last couple of years. I think it is targeted at being a bit chavy or at least having a bit of an edge to it. A lot of the original designs where based on drugs, dove T-shirts etc. The best man at my wedding also has a share in this company and works in fashion. He got Mike Skinner wearing this a few years ago, probably says a lot about who they are targeting. I doubt Dune or the maths teacher fall into their target market.

It's a poor mans Casual Connoisseur or 80s Casuals IMHO but it has it's demographic, as does Luke & OTS. Younger lads who have champagne tastes but beer money.

Agree with you there. Good stuff and very good quality. Plus you dont see much of it about, same with Ma Strum, great quality and a really good cut and fit for me- i'm a big fan. I've heard good things about 12th Man but yet to buy any of it.

Got a clear credit card for my trip to Italy in August so will no doubt be coming back with some quality gear.

The fellas that run 12th man are seriously into the dyes & materials in a way that SI were back 10-20 years ago.

Jesus Christ those jackets are awful. I bought a few of the early 80s Casual t's when they first can out and they brought out a few nice jackets but wouldn't touch the stuff now.

They're not allowed to do the trainers tee's any more. Adidas threatened court action, hence all the changes.

For what started as a hobby they've turned it into a money spinning business.

I used to sell sh.it loads of their tee's, maybe 200+ a year at one stage.

They're not allowed to do the trainers tee's any more. Adidas threatened court action, hence all the changes.

For what started as a hobby they've turned it into a money spinning business.

It was the trainers ones i got, the Roms one with "la Bella Figura" written underneath and the Borg Elites one.

Hats off to them though, probably made a few quid out of it and certainly a market for it, although i might be a bit too old for it now.

It's a poor mans Casual Connoisseur or 80s Casuals IMHO but it has it's demographic, as does Luke & OTS. Younger lads who have champagne tastes but beer money.

I think that is where the money is. The two guys I know both have wives and kids so well past the stage of wanting to impress people (especially on here) over making money to support their families. It is like when you look back at music sales in the 90's and find that Shania Twain sold more than Blur and Oasis put together. You would have gotten a lot more kudos being the manager of Oasis but a lot more money getting 10% of whatever Shania was earning banging on about mens shirts & short skirts.

I think that is where the money is. The two guys I know both have wives and kids so well past the stage of wanting to impress people (especially on here) over making money to support their families. It is like when you look back at music sales in the 90's and find that Shania Twain sold more than Blur and Oasis put together. You would have gotten a lot more kudos being the manager of Oasis but a lot more money getting 10% of whatever Shania was earning banging on about mens shirts & short skirts.

Totally.

James, the fella that owns Terraces in Stoke, stocks the like of Weekend Offender, OTS, Luke etc as it brings the kids in as Pockets, up the road, sell all the Prada, SI, CP, Belstaff etc and that's my age bracket.

The high volume brands allows him to indulge his love of Faconnable, which brings in higher value shoppers.

He has the sense to change to suit the Stoke City "lads", his core market.

Lets face it boys you're obsessed forum knobbers - none of you will ever be cool as you probably perceive you are. But harmless enough I suppose your showing off to the other geeks but dont get too delusional boasting about price tags.

Lets face it boys you're obsessed forum knobbers - none of you will ever be cool as you probably perceive you are. But harmless enough I suppose your showing off to the other geeks but dont get too delusional boasting about price tags.

No one has mention price tags, fu.ck knows I'm tighter than a gnats chuff.

Simply put, some of us like clothes & trainers and follow, in the loosest sense, a style driven by the terraces. It used to be called oneupmanship. No more geeky than speculating over a £40 piece of stripy nylon.

Simply put, some of us like clothes & trainers and follow, in the loosest sense, a style driven by the terraces. It used to be called oneupmanship. No more geeky than speculating over a £40 piece of stripy nylon.

Bloody price tags AGAIN arrahhhhh, stop showing off. God I hate this place! I'm going to cry in a room on my own now. cVnts!

Ok slightly passive aggressive there I admit and there isn't much else to discuss at the mo. But it is very much price tag related. If was identical gear (cut and material) but cost £10 in Primark you wouldn't touch it.

And i do get what it is about and been there although posting links to sites and then the mutual backslapping and cringy namedropping of more 'exclusive' brands does seem a little ironic given that it is all pretty narcissicistic and about the look and standing out as 'cool'

Ok slightly passive aggressive there I admit and there isn't much else to discuss at the mo. But it is very much price tag related. If was identical gear (cut and material) but cost £10 in Primark you wouldn't touch it.

And i do get what it is about and been there although posting links to sites and then the mutual backslapping and cringy namedropping of more 'exclusive' brands does seem a little ironic given that it is all pretty narcissicistic and about the look and standing out as 'cool'

Linking to sites is to save people money, sales are on after all and the whole point, always has been, is to try and find new brands and then, if they become mainstream, move on to new ones. Even at my age I enjoy doing that but I prefer finding an absolute bargain, which I'm very good at, being tight as I am.

As for your Primark jib, it has some truth about it but, to me, the whole point is to wear it, whatever it is, well and I'm quite happy to buy M&S, which I do.

It's not about being "cool", not at my age, it's about being different within a certain sector of fashion.

Star Trek uniform, obviously.

TNG-era Command shirt for home games.

TOS-era Command shirt for away games.

Sixties miniskirts for semi-finals and beyond.

Oh, and large banner reading "Turkish is my fashion guru".

That's very true. Has anyone ever met a woman who thinks men (who are not playing football) look good in a replica shirt?

Let's ask Colinjb this question. He often wears his football shirts down the pub.

Colin, has any women complemented you on your football shirts or demand you wear them on a date?

I bet you will look absolutely stunning.

I'm not fat, I have a nice pert bottom. Why, do you prefer the larger figure?

I will look classy as ever and as usual the SMS Turkish female fan club will be in full effect,

I don't know why, but I just imagined you to be fat, with a bad hair cut and wearing a replica shirt.

I will look classy as ever and as usual the SMS Turkish female fan club will be in full effect,

I don't know why, but I just imagined you to be fat, with a bad hair cut and wearing a replica shirt.

Ha Ha, I can just imagine you stood their in all your dapper gear, trying to pull some scrubber in the Northam!

I havn't bought a replica shirt in years but I can understand why people want to. they are there to support their team and have a laff, not worry about impressing someone with what clothes they choose to put on.

I'm 17 but I still don't know whether to buy the Weekend Offender Jacket or not, I'f I had more money I wouldn't think about buying it. But after season Ticket plus saving for away days etc with just a job after college I end up with little left to get a new decent outfit.

Wearing smart clothes is chavvy and gay ? Both ?

There nothing wrong with wearing smart clothes, I make an effort every now and again.

Having a special outfit for the new football season is bizarre though. Definitely something homosexual about a bunch of lads panning their "outfits" for a day at the footie together.

Chavs can't afford decent gear anyway.

There nothing wrong with wearing smart clothes, I make an effort every now and again.

Having a special outfit for the new football season is bizarre though. Definitely something homosexual about a bunch of lads panning their "outfits" for a day at the footie together.

Chavs can't afford decent gear anyway.

What's your favourite gear dumbass?

What's your favourite gear dumbass?

I don't have favourite gear. If I see something I like I buy it, I don't give a sh!te about labels.

Really cool people can go into a charity shop and come out looking the dogs bs, only fashion victims care about brands IMO.

I don't have favourite gear. If I see something I like I buy it, I don't give a sh!te about labels.

Really cool people can go into a charity shop and come out looking the dogs bs, only fashion victims care about brands IMO.

You must have favourite shops or brands that you like though dumbass. For example Armani jeans don't suit me, too tight fitting. Pretty Green jeans do though. What about you?

I'm 17 but I still don't know whether to buy the Weekend Offender Jacket or not, I'f I had more money I wouldn't think about buying it. But after season Ticket plus saving for away days etc with just a job after college I end up with little left to get a new decent outfit.

Id save the money, Weekend offender is gash.