Outfits and shopping lists for the new season

Turkish

Some cracking deals on there. What are thier shirts like quality and fit wise ?

All the OTS ive got is good quality for the price. Shirt wise only got one but good quality. Fit was quite loose, fine for causal with jeans. Knitwear is really good.

Weekend Offender are usually very slim fitting so order up a size. had a few of the t-shirts which shrunk in the wash & was a bit disappointed with the quality of the polo shirts.

Weekend Offender seem a really chavvy brand to me, they lack the style of a lot of the other stuff & are basically aimed at kids playing dress up hoolie. OTS have some nice bits but i don't think they last brilliantly, much rather go for the Norse Project stuff even if it is more pricey

Weekend Offender seem a really chavvy brand to me, they lack the style of a lot of the other stuff & are basically aimed at kids playing dress up hoolie. OTS have some nice bits but i don't think they last brilliantly, much rather go for the Norse Project stuff even if it is more pricey

Norse Projects are fantastic quality, excellent cut and brilliant fabrics.

Victorinox are still creating good gear as well.

I'd sooner walk around in non Adidas Original trainers than wear Weekend Offender.

The whole name says council estate dillinquent. You might as well call it ASBO's R US.

I'd sooner walk around in non Adidas Original trainers than wear Weekend Offender.

I quite like some of the Norse Projects stuff, never ordered any - what is their fit like? Always hard to tell on a brand you've never worn.

Agree also; I've never liked that Weekend Offender stuff, even just for the name!!

Bought these at the weekend - http://www.size.co.uk/product/adidas-originals-sl-72/78159/?cm_vc=Product1 - loving their re-issues at the moment.

I quite like some of the Norse Projects stuff, never ordered any - what is their fit like? Always hard to tell on a brand you've never worn.

Agree also; I've never liked that Weekend Offender stuff, even just for the name!!

Bought these at the weekend - http://www.size.co.uk/product/adidas-originals-sl-72/78159/?cm_vc=Product1 - loving their re-issues at the moment.

Norse is a good fit and true to size.

My nipper wears SL72s & Sambas. Dapper lad for a 10yo :)

Stone Menswear sale started today, online, decent discounts on Originals.

Norse is a good fit and true to size.

My nipper wears SL72s & Sambas. Dapper lad for a 10yo :)

Stone Menswear sale started today, online, decent discounts on Originals.

I like the look of some of the Heritage Research gear as well. Never bought any but might have to as I've just notice Oi Polloi sale has started. :smug:

Got a Victorinox jacket from NY a couple of years back, one of the best jackets I've owned.

I like the look of some of the Heritage Research gear as well. Never bought any but might have to as I've just notice Oi Polloi sale has started. :smug:

Been on for a week, best bits are long gone.

Check these people out for HR, sale started today.

*Boll.ocks, got it wrong, they do UW not HR

Edited by View From The Top

I still have a couple of their knits, still top draw and still reasonably obscure enough that not seen too often at SMS

THere were a few of those packable lightweight jackets to be seen season before last.

that was the general idea when i bought it. be a bit dumb to buy something that you didn't think suited you wouldn't it ?

Indeed. Was it the subtle "weekend offender" logo discretely displayed on the collar that appealed to you?

that was the general idea when i bought it. be a bit dumb to buy something that you didn't think suited you wouldn't it ?

Considering the state of some people at SMS either they are a bit dumb or clueless as to what suits them.

tell him the quality is sh*te !

also a bit chav & studenty apparently

I was going to. Interesting read as haven't looked on this thread for ages. I think he would just be pleased it is being talked about on a football forum. They have obviously grown very quickly in the last couple of years. I think it is targeted at being a bit chavy or at least having a bit of an edge to it. A lot of the original designs where based on drugs, dove T-shirts etc. The best man at my wedding also has a share in this company and works in fashion. He got Mike Skinner wearing this a few years ago, probably says a lot about who they are targeting. I doubt Dune or the maths teacher fall into their target market.

I was going to. Interesting read as haven't looked on this thread for ages. I think he would just be pleased it is being talked about on a football forum. They have obviously grown very quickly in the last couple of years. I think it is targeted at being a bit chavy or at least having a bit of an edge to it. A lot of the original designs where based on drugs, dove T-shirts etc. The best man at my wedding also has a share in this company and works in fashion. He got Mike Skinner wearing this a few years ago, probably says a lot about who they are targeting. I doubt Dune or the maths teacher fall into their target market.

Exactly - I think those of us commenting are mid-30s upwards. Turkish and I are both mid-30s, VFTT similar and I would assume others who have commented are older than 30-odd as well.

The Weekend Offender stuff isn't for me, but I can understand why a 16/17 year old might want to wear it. The fact you can buy it in USC isn't a good thing either - the whole idea behind "good clobber" is the opposite to standard high street really!

I mean at the moment, I love Pretty Green stuff and bought a bit from their store this weekend, however, I can see that if the brand grows huge, they open many more stores, it starts getting everywhere, that the appeal would die off - for me anyway!

Exactly - I think those of us commenting are mid-30s upwards. Turkish and I are both mid-30s, VFTT similar and I would assume others who have commented are older than 30-odd as well.

The Weekend Offender stuff isn't for me, but I can understand why a 16/17 year old might want to wear it. The fact you can buy it in USC isn't a good thing either - the whole idea behind "good clobber" is the opposite to standard high street really!

I mean at the moment, I love Pretty Green stuff and bought a bit from their store this weekend, however, I can see that if the brand grows huge, they open many more stores, it starts getting everywhere, that the appeal would die off - for me anyway!

You are correct. As I said I know two of the owners, one of them really well. They are both mid 30's as I am and they don't wear their own stuff unless it has an advantage to it. You have to dress your age. Also form a business point of view, you have to sell as many as possible. They do have interests in other labels, some more exclusive than others. I don't work in fashion but understand it is a bit like having a portfolio of shares, having interests in different brands at different ends of the market, targeting different people.

Agree with you there. Good stuff and very good quality. Plus you dont see much of it about, same with Ma Strum, great quality and a really good cut and fit for me- i'm a big fan. I've heard good things about 12th Man but yet to buy any of it.

Got a clear credit card for my trip to Italy in August so will no doubt be coming back with some quality gear.