Outfits and shopping lists for the new season

Turkish

So come on chaps, now we are in the premier league and going to be on the telly more, we need to dress like a premier league club. What are your fashion tips for the new season? What items are on your shopping list clobberwise?

I'm certainly going to be purchasing a new winter jacket, currently eyeing some Belstaff and CP Company ones.

Trainers wise i'm looking at some Adidas muchens and will no doubt pick up a pair of gazelles which are the staple trainer for the Turkish wardrobe for many years.

Late summer/early autumn, i'll stick with my tried and tested, class and timeless Ma Strum or Ralph lauren polos and t-shirts with chino shorts or jeans depending on the weather and either addidas or Superga footwear.

Winter it'll be my new coat with some fitted knitwear, jeans and either the above mentioned trainers or some clarks originals.

What's on your shopping list for the up coming season? Any thoughts on premier league style to match what is going on on and off the pitch at our club?

I too will be desperately seeking the approval of fans of saints and other teams and wearing whatever it takes to achieve that.

I can't think if anything less cool than shoes from Clarks, each to thier own and all, but if u get a woman u can stop caring :-)

The Clarks Oi Polloi range are ****ing lovely, i've been eyeing up a pair in sand for a while. I know a lot of people still associate them with school but the quality of the shoe is second to none and the cut and design is lovely.

Personally i bought some Red Wing boots for the winter but they're a bit warm now, was looking at the Gazelle Indoors, with the gum sole the other week for the summer months but fuc.k they're pricey.

Also got a Penfeld anarok that's really nice and been getting into the One True Saxon stuff a bit recently. In terms of outerwear i'm a fan of the Norse Project stuff, bit heavy for the summer i guess but the jumpers are a really great cut.

Stutterheim have got some nice raincoats out for the summer too, but again cost might hold me back, quality cut mind.

Shirts wise i'm getting into my Supreme stuff right now, their thick checked shirts are class and they do some good polo's too. Also been really getting into Folk's stuff since working close to their flagship store in London.

Need a new pair of jeans and have been thinking about a nice pair of either Levi's or a classic pair of Lee's (with a small turn up).

Could be an expensive summer to be fair!

The best threads on here are the ones where some people are having laugh, others are deadly serious, and some others get really wound up as if it really matters.

Not that this is at all relevant at the moment of course.

Personally I will kitting myself out with a few nice new cardigans from the Edinburgh Wool shop and some warm corduroy trousers with elasticated waist. Not that anyone will see the trousers once I'm in the ground, because of the tartan rug

what are your thoughts in a pari of skinny jeans, some plimsoles, a short sleeve checked shirt with all the buttons done up to the top and a nice side parting...?

What about the fairisle sweater Jamie?

what are your thoughts in a pari of skinny jeans, some plimsoles, a short sleeve checked shirt with all the buttons done up to the top and a nice side parting...?

You're going as Walter who loves his sums?

Says the man who can't decide between Belstaff or CP Company. The former at least a year too late, the latter well....

Belstaff is a timeless classic sunshine. At the top end, which obviously id be looking at CP, like Stone Island still make some lovely pieces. For the mid range forget it as for £250-£450 a lot better value for money can be found elsewhere.

I know that mate - don't bother trying to patronise me. Were you wearing one 5/10/15/20 years ago though? Thought not. Boring - one step ahead? - must try harder.

If you try too hard you never pull it off. FACT

the problem is nowadays any old eshopper can get hold of gear. Back in the day (early 80s) it carried real prestige. Laying you hand on an exclusive Armani jumper, or Fila trackie top after traipsing to some exclusive outlet in Shepherds Bush was a real sign of class and determination to look good.

Now any old bod can buy it and means nothing. Designer names were only good because of exclusivity that you stood out from a fattie on Shirley High St. Nowadays I find M & S is very comfortable

If you try too hard you never pull it off. FACT

sorry to come across as rude here but noone gives a **** what you wear haha !! fair enough everyone wear what clothes they want but no need to tell us what your ordering on this forum! stop trying to make sure all the saints fans know you think have the best fashion in the stands

Stopped in the new UK Blauer store in Beak Street last week - not impressed, all comes over a bit, naff, being based on US Police/Fireman wear.

Whereas you prefer some of the other Village People YMCA outfits, particularly the Cowboy or Sailor based ones?

I'll be wearing a pair of denims (exclusive - bought from the factory in Turkmenistan, so cool that nobody else can into the country to get a pair!), my six pack in warm weather (in winter I'll put on some designer stuff I picked up in Moscow - those dudes know how to dress for winter). Footwear, don't want to ruin my hand made shoes so I'll wear my DMs.

What about head gear ?? Bit stuck there so I may have to wear my old bobble hat, with the red & white pom poms.