Is it me or has SWF got a bit dull?

kwsaint

there's far less training ground itk type gossip these days and probably too much "if you had a choice between redknapp, relegation, the plague or 24hr darkness" suggested debate but it's a forum so people can post what they like - if you don't like it then don't log in.

The problem is that anyone who posts anything unless it's positive is immeidately shouted down and "proof" and a "sauces" (LOL) is demanded. Meanwhile anything positive is lauded as being great news. Anyone that names their sources on an internet forum is an idiot.

My recent moan is a personal one..... 5 points from Steve for abusive "PM" is not appropriate and inconsistant

I have asked Steve on 3 seperate occasions to advise what the recipiant of my abuse recieved following 6 seperate 'public' racist accusations...... But got zero reply. Find that a bit rude

You might no better than me, but feels like infractions are easier to come by now and bans seem more common.

Guess its all down to expectations, but for me i want to have some banter on here without fear of bans or repercussions

Plus there is no appeals process for infractions or bans?

I got infracted, I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.

The problem is that anyone who posts anything unless it's positive is immeidately shouted down and "proof" and a "sauces" (LOL) is demanded. Meanwhile anything positive is lauded as being great news. Anyone that names their sources on an internet forum is an idiot.

The same thing happens the other way around. Everybody is far to aggressive on here, occassionally a good thread breaks out and it makes good reading, but generally its one set of posters ridiculing another set.

Quite a few missing posters, maybe these are the infamous "good posters that dont bother anymore" WHere is SaintScottoftheNortham for example? I used to love hearing about how he'd been telling everyone to sing during games.

He was awful. Is ascoli still on here? Cabbage face and his Mrs is a miss definitely.

...... i got an infraction for saying mongboard one time too many......

This is a worrying development. I can't find any details in the forum rules about how many times you can say acceptable words before they become unacceptable? Did you get a warning to let you know you were close to going over the limit? This could explain why Dalek no longer talks about Hoddle, I guess he's over the acceptable use threshold.

I got infracted, I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.

You got one infraction point!! I got 5

This is similar to you breaking into my house...... I give you a kick-in while protecting my home and get 2 years in jail, while you get just 10 hours community service for the original crime! The system sucks

Far too cliquey on here now. Far too many people who believe the general consensus amongst fans posting on an internet forum reflect the general consensus of the fans on the terrace. All threads get taken over by the same people and as such descend in to the same arguments. Only last week noticed I am no longer a full member. Haven't got a clue how long that's been the case as I can't remember the last time I felt compelled to make more than 3 posts in a day.

Not enough football this season, that's the problem.Far too many vacuum days where nothing vaguely Saints related is happening. Now if we had 46 league matches it would be better, plus the occasional bit of team news as well.

Ok for next season with 46 matches!

(That's 36 prem plus 8 champions league!)

You got one infraction point!! I got 5

This is similar to you breaking into my house...... I give you a kick-in while protecting my home and get 2 years in jail, while you get just 10 hours community service for the original crime! The system sucks

Stop being so melodramatic.

My accusations were based on you being extremely unreasonable about one of our players, over and over and over. It was my interpretation of why you were being like that, because you were over-zealous in your criticism of him. You didn't give any justification to why you were like that, so I don't see what is so out of order about my assertions.

Then you threw your toys out of the pram, stamped your feet and decided to send me 6 abusive PM's because you could. Not my problem that you can't keep your temper.

who remembers pap getting all upset with papa lazarou.......just an example of the wolliness, yoghurt knitters on here..

Incorrect. That was Verbal, who had obviously never seen the League of Gentlemen. I pulled Turkish up for snickering like a schoolkid, is all.

And a few weeks later saying my user name of UI was racist.:lol:

I will certainly cop to that one.

Dunno if you've noticed, chaps - but I do actually admit when I'm wrong. None of this "slime your way out of it", call people rude things or "just not talk about it" boll*cks. Better to occasionally be wrong than be a full-time nob, wouldn't you say, lads?

Returning to topic, the quality of trolling has gone massively downhill since dune was banned. People are trying to fill the void with repetitive boll*cks or one-liners freed from the tyranny of punctuation, but it's just not the same.

Incorrect. That was Verbal, who had obviously never seen the League of Gentlemen. I pulled Turkish up for snickering like a schoolkid, is all.

I will certainly cop to that one.

Dunno if you've noticed, chaps - but I do actually admit when I'm wrong. None of this "slime your way out of it", call people rude things or "just not talk about it" boll*cks. Better to occasionally be wrong than be a full-time nob, wouldn't you say, lads?

Returning to topic, the quality of trolling has gone massively downhill since dune was banned. People are trying to fill the void with repetitive boll*cks or one-liners freed from the tyranny of punctuation, but it's just not the same.

How's enjoying the S3?

Interesting that a thread about SWF becoming boring has become yet another thread dominated by Turkish.

Great Post! I mean really spot on! A truely hilarious, intereting and topical post, particularly as it's having a pop about another forum user on a thread that died out about 3 days ago. I feel TSW is well on the way to recovery if we can maintain this standard of posting.

It's not meant to be funny, it's just an observation. Don't get all shirty about it.

I'm not and I know it wasnt to be funny. I'm admiring your input into a board you say is boring, it's quite brilliant. I'm looking st posters like you to being this forum back to its former glories.

Edited by Turkish

I'm not and I know it wasnt to be funny. I'm admiring your input into a board you say is boring, it's quite brilliant. I'm looking st posters like you to being this forum back to its former glories.

You are getting shirty and there's no need. Anyway, you miss the point, which is, the good posts get lost on here nowadays because some posters feel the need to post endlessly on every thread (and unfortunately/coincidentally, those prolific posters aren't that interesting, despite what they may think)

Good editing of your post, by the way.

You are getting shirty and there's no need. Anyway, you miss the point, which is, the good posts get lost on here nowadays because some posters feel the need to post endlessly on every thread (and unfortunately/coincidentally, those prolific posters aren't that interesting, despite what they may think)

Good editing of your post, by the way.

I really arent getting sh*tty. You're moaning about threads being ruined yet your sole contribution to a lot of them, including this one, is to moan about them or slag off the posters on the thread. Heres a tip, try contributing something interesting if you want the thread to be more interesting.

I never said you were getting sh*tty, I said you were getting shirty, which you are. You've just repeated your previous point whilst ignoring my point, which is something of a trademark of yours.

If you think I'm getting shirty then fine. Like i said, if you find a thread boring post something interesting rather than slagging off the posters?

Same old, same old, innit?

Speaking only for myself, I used to post on more topics, but it gets to the point where you think "do I actually have much more to say about topic x than I did the last time it came up?", and that's the sensible discussion.

The main board is just full of the same old stuff, recycled. Stadium size. Friction at the club. Adkins on way out. If you were being charitable, you'd call them evergreen topics of conversation. For most people, it's just tedious, and goes back years.

I know it sounds mental, but I think that the current inscrutability of the club has a big part to play in all of this. We have owners who say absolutely nothing, a chairman who says next to nothing and a manager who says a lot, but actually says nothing. Wire anything up that tight and you're just left with endless speculation where no-one can prove anyone else right or wrong, but will spend 300 posts trying anyway.

I'm not saying every other Premier League club is a model of transparency, but Southampton FC seems to be particularly opaque, and it really doesn't help sometimes.