Football Manager 2009 - Southampton Save Game Thread

Matthew Le God

just started a game with saints and in my firs 8 games have won 6 and drawn 2...

-------------------kelvin

cork------rapnik(sp)----killer----surman

-----binya----morgan-----mule

-----stern----yildirim----obnik(sp)

medium mentality, low creative freedom..

few click right of middle on the wide selection

quick mentality (not full)

direct play (not full)

tight marking

counter attack

deep defensive line (not full)

attacking formation with morgan (forward runs medium) holding..work well with any team...the letf and right strikers tend to get wide with running with the ball alot which frees up space in the middle for euell, binya(forward runs often) and wildirim....if the full backs get forward (forward runs medium) then the wide forwards tuck in..

like I said..works on any team

the 3 strikers have closing down - all pitch

Looks good. Tactics can be a nightmare in this game as one position wrong can throw off everything.

Out of curiosity... did come up with this your self or did you download it? If you downloaded it any chance of letting us know where from?

CS

Any tips for Goalkeepers? I'm in my second season and Kelvin is in the habit of coming out to pick up an easy ball then not picking it up allowing an opposition striker to run in and put it into an empty net. Has happened a few times this season and it's killing me!! So, I'm after a replacement.

leo franco on a free (if you get promoted)

Any tips for Goalkeepers? I'm in my second season and Kelvin is in the habit of coming out to pick up an easy ball then not picking it up allowing an opposition striker to run in and put it into an empty net. Has happened a few times this season and it's killing me!! So, I'm after a replacement.

If you're looking for a cheap option, Silviu Lung jr has done pretty well for me at Hearts. Only cost me 60k when I signed him January in my first season from U Craiova. Definitely one for the future

lunggb6.png

Just finished my first season, lost to Wolves in the playoff final. Sam Vokes who had scored 2 goals all season popped 4 in and I lost 4-3!

I have a deal lined to sign Zaki, who I imagine would be a beast in the CCC, but I'm worried he won't get a work permit. Is there anything I can do to help his chances of it going through?

Also are the player values a bit strange. Paterson is valued at a £1m and has never played a first team match for me, but DMG who banged in 20 goals last season is only worth £400k? They both have a few years left on their contracts. Just seems a bit strange.

I'm massively hooked on this again, determined to get saints back up to the prem!

just started a game with saints and in my firs 8 games have won 6 and drawn 2...

-------------------kelvin

cork------rapnik(sp)----killer----surman

-----binya----morgan-----mule

-----stern----yildirim----obnik(sp)

medium mentality, low creative freedom..

few click right of middle on the wide selection

quick mentality (not full)

direct play (not full)

tight marking

counter attack

deep defensive line (not full)

attacking formation with morgan (forward runs medium) holding..work well with any team...the letf and right strikers tend to get wide with running with the ball alot which frees up space in the middle for euell, binya(forward runs often) and wildirim....if the full backs get forward (forward runs medium) then the wide forwards tuck in..

like I said..works on any team

the 3 strikers have closing down - all pitch

Which Yildirim is that and where'd you get Obnik from??

A good tip for your first season in charge is to get loads of Prem reserve forwards on loan.

If you tick the call-back early option then you can get away with not paying any of their wages and they will almost always agree to it.

That's how I got Chopra, Connoly, Bendtner etc.

A good tip for your first season in charge is to get loads of Prem reserve forwards on loan.

If you tick the call-back early option then you can get away with not paying any of their wages and they will almost always agree to it.

That's how I got Chopra, Connoly, Bendtner etc.

You got Bendtner? In what season? :smt104

Got promoted in the second season, won the CCC on the final day. Not happy to discover that Rupes has only given me £2m with which to try and stay up! Played 2 games away and lost both, but they were away at Villa and Everton, so it's not a disaster. Finding it difficult to get loans in the prem, most sides want you to pay around £1m, just to loan someone! Plus my board maximum on wages is £15k, finding it very hard to attract players who are better than what I have.

Managed to get Wellbeck on a free after he was released by Man Utd, but he has been terrible so far. I know he may need time to bed in, just wondering if anyone else has had him before, is he worth sticking with?

just finished my first season,

had a pretty average season but managed to survive religation and get rid of alot of the high earners and bringing in quality frees. the rebuild has begun.

10 games into second season im sitting in the top half of the table keeping up with the playoff contenders.

the 3 year plan to get back into the premiership is going to plan.

I've just got promotion, via the play offs, after season two. The prem is really tough.

Current line-up is:

Silvio Lung Jr

J. Mills --- Bostjean Ceasar --- M. Svensson --- J. Hatch

Sneiderlin ---------------- Celso Borges

Willshere ---------- Lallana ------------ Thomson

Daniel Sturridge

I did get Wellbeck on a free too. He has been quite good, making the odd cameo appearance and bagging the odd goal.

3rd season just started prem, after taking ivory coast to the wc semi's without a goalie!

Davis does good for me as does lloyd james. got some great strikers in the summer. Sold micheal stewart for four million, a four mil profit in a year..so had around 9 mil to spend. Brought roberston, and a few other strikers who are cheap and superb for the prem along with wingers and cb's will list tommorow

I'm going to have to make Saints even worse than there are currently in the game for the January transfer window update :(

Doesn't look like it, we may actually be better!

Do you provide the info for the post-january patch?

If so, make Mclaggon and Gobern a bit better please ;)

Doesn't look like it, we may actually be better!

Do you provide the info for the post-january patch?

If so, make Mclaggon and Gobern a bit better please ;)

Have already done so.

Also will be giving Saints a 4m overdraft and bigger loan debt than at present and have included 3 or 4 new youth players :)

Finished the first season with Saints, finished 17th. Happy with that.

McGoldrick and Saga top scorers with 13 each.

Signed Collins John, Jay De Merit, Tom Heaton and Lomano Lua Lua on frees and got Andrew Davies in for just under a million.

Also signed two midfielders, can't remember their names now and Tommy Spurr for around £500k each.

And got Nacer Barazite on loan.

First team looks like this:

-----------Heaton

Sodje - Svensson - De Merit - Spurr

------------ --Balanti (or something)

---------------Barazite

Yildirim----------------------Thomson

---------Saganowski----John

Subs: Bialkowski, Davies, Salarim(?), McGoldrick, Lua Lua.

Also got Dyer, Mills, James all pushing the first team.

Finished the first season with Saints, finished 17th. Happy with that.

McGoldrick and Saga top scorers with 13 each.

Signed Collins John, Jay De Merit, Tom Heaton and Lomano Lua Lua on frees and got Andrew Davies in for just under a million.

Also signed two midfielders, can't remember their names now and Tommy Spurr for around £500k each.

And got Nacer Barazite on loan.

First team looks like this:

-----------Heaton

Sodje - Svensson - De Merit - Spurr

------------ --Balanti (or something)

---------------Barazite

Yildirim----------------------Thomson

---------Saganowski----John

Subs: Bialkowski, Davies, Salarim(?), McGoldrick, Lua Lua.

Also got Dyer, Mills, James all pushing the first team.

Happy with 17th?!

mate, that sucks

Just started my first season with Saints, currently 14th in the table, which ain't too bad. Be pushing for play-offs hopefully at the end of the season, but that's a distant dream. Managed to get a decent amount of money to spend after flogging some players, which also brought down the wage bill considerably.

OUTS

Stern John - £250,000 (Nurnberg)

Jason Euell - £20,000 (Sheffield Wednesday)

Rudi Skacel - £1.7m (Crystal Palace)

INS

Lamine Diatta - Free

Jordy Deckers - Loan until End of Season (AZ)

Koki Mizuno - £50,000 (Celtic)

Emiliano Insua - Loan until End of Season (Liverpool)

Daryl Murphy - Loan until End of Season (Sunderland)

Stanton Lewis - Loan until End of Season (Ajax)

Shelton Martis - £30,000 (West Brom)

Montesin - £160,000 (Umm-Salal)

Binya - £190,000 (Benfica)

Line up:

---------Davis/Deckers---------

Martis--Diatta--Svensson--Insua

--Cork/Morgan--Surman/Binya---

Mizuno-----------------Montesin

--------Lewis--BWP-------------

Subs: Davis/Deckers, James, Thomas, Gillett, Dyer, Lallana, DMG

Central mid has become a tough position to pick players for! But will be easier once Cork's loan expires. Stanton Lewis is a bit hit and miss, but he scored 9 goals in his first pre-season friendlies against Oldham and Eastleigh, and he's scored 9 so far this season in the league. Got Kenny Cooper coming for £800,000 in January who should hopefully score lots of goals, and also putting in a bid for Hernani, letting Svensson go for free at the end of the season because he's a bit slow and prone to making mistakes at the back. Any more tips apart from who i've already signed?

Keep in mind that I didn't have Hernani ;)

I was aiming from the start of the season just to avoid relegation. Besides, I had no idea what tactics to use as I couldn't be bothered to look at every players stats at the time.

Still sucks.

Get Chopra in, go high tempo and watch the goals flood in!

Amazing defender, can get him for about 190k, plays for a brazillian club or summit i think.

Strange he isn't on your game though

I think he was taken out in the patch. Is he actually Brazilian?

Shame. Carlton Cole? Mifsud? Lita?

All got double figures for me when i have had em

Cole wouldn't come, Mifsud I didn't like the look of (ended up on 8 goals for Coventry) and Lita I never even looked at.

I got Welbeck on loan from january and he got 5, as well as Saga banging them in for fun.