Football Manager 2009 - Southampton Save Game Thread

Matthew Le God

It's a load of ********. His height does **** all, played a game the other night and nathan dyer(playing for wolves) Beat him in the air, i mean come on. doubt he can even jump 8'1. He's just the same as any other regen that is top quality. I will post a screenie later, i am 'revising' and know if i start playin now i'll be on it until my exam.

Hmm, since my move to Juventus, saints have been yo-yoing back and forth between about 7th to 10th place and guess who is in charge..... WGS. Still, enjoying life in Seria A at the moment, however my team does not appear to have a reserve team and so all my reserves and first team subs are lacking match practice........ poo

started a new game, taken over by Per someone....got given 14million in january, bought Razvan Rat, Joe Lewis, Chris Eagles, Jermaine Beckford, Kohvacevic (DRC) Rob Jones.

Got 5m left. Any suggestions?

Took appiah on a free pre season.

16th in the league, dont like the update much!

started a new game, taken over by Per someone....got given 14million in january, bought Razvan Rat, Joe Lewis, Chris Eagles, Jermaine Beckford, Kohvacevic (DRC) Rob Jones.

Kikin Fonseca?

For what position ?

Hmm, since my move to Juventus, saints have been yo-yoing back and forth between about 7th to 10th place and guess who is in charge..... WGS. Still, enjoying life in Seria A at the moment, however my team does not appear to have a reserve team and so all my reserves and first team subs are lacking match practice........ poo

Yeah, this is the bad thing about managing a side in Italy is that they don't have a reserve league out there. I think you can play 2 or 3 players over 21 in the under 18's team or whatever it is though.

Decided to play with Exeter recently, got them promoted to the CCC & got bored so now being Roma in Serie A.

I like the update thing, saves searching around & signing the players so that you can match it with the real life squad

could do with a striker CM and CB really

Joe Lewis is quality

Kepa - ST

Fernando Soriano - D/MRC

Arzu - CB

All three are transfer listed at the start of the game and are available for around £2m each. Kepa scores bucketloads, Soriano is an absolute beast in midfield and Arzu is a good CCC CB, but plays better at DM at Prem level. Those three alone won me the CCC when I played with QPR.

my current team, will probably be leaving to join a lower league club and take them to glory after this season.

fm09team.jpg

Storer is an Australia/English regen winger who picked up for 1.2million from Central Coast Mariners and is on the verge of an England call up

Mascio isn't in the update because he's not a real player.

No, started before the patch. Couldn't be bothered to start again, got a favourable takeover and didn't fancy more of the Lowe era !!

Is he not ?? Strange that they would include a fake (albiet a quality one)

As for the wages, no, but i am a safe mid-table european footballing team at the moment. A million miles from us now.

It's not the first time someones got a fake player into the game.

To Madiera was amazing in 01/02.

from wiki:

The 01/02 edition has not been without its critics however. Some have criticised the simple graphics, while others have complained about the difficulty (namely, the game being too easy). Another main reason for criticism was the existence of 'cheat players' - i.e. players whose abilities in the game are far greater than in real life, these players being inexpensive and very effective in game. An example of a cheat player is Tó Madeira, who is not actually a real life player. Others such as Maxim Tsigalko, Sergey Nikiforenko, Ibrahim Said and the infamous 'super Swedes' and 'super Greeks', whichwere found in the official cm0102v3968 update and were not part of the original database, i.e. Dionisis Chiotis, Stilianos Doukas, Giannis Kalogeras, Achileas Kourtoglou, Anastasios Skalidis, Alexandros Papadopoulos and Nikolaos Tobros were also over rated by a considerable amount, even though some of them aren't and never were real life players. Later some also discovered 'super Norwegians', i.e. Anders Matisen, Kristian Ravneng, Tom Arild Fredriksen, Ole Christian Andersen, Tommy Larsen, Henrik Martinsen, Stig Jensen and infamous Paal "Hyypia" Solie.

Whilst non-real life players are considered cheating by the experienced players of CM 01/02, the "Super Greeks" and "Super Swedes", and other players such as Cherno Samba & Franco Costanzo are considered perfectly fine. For example the player Kim Källström was considered at the time to be vastly over-rated and would never amount to anything, yet recently has made a name for himself as "the Swedish Steven Gerrard."

Have a question to those who play for some time.

what is better to train and what tackticks to play, including special tacktics against opponent. have the same problem as saints in real life and won just 4 games in league with 42 games played. almost certain relegated.

need an advise.

thanx in advance. all tips would be appretiated.

what is better to train and what tackticks to play, including special tacktics against opponent. have the same problem as saints in real life and won just 4 games in league with 42 games played. almost certain relegated.

need an advise.

Stop signing players from Metalurgs Leipaja. ;)

It's not the first time someones got a fake player into the game.

To Madiera was amazing in 01/02.

from wiki:

Tommy Larsen is a real player. Plays for Stabaek in Norway and is a Norway international. His actualy name is Tommy Svindal Larsen.

my current team, will probably be leaving to join a lower league club and take them to glory after this season.

fm09team.jpg

Storer is an Australia/English regen winger who picked up for 1.2million from Central Coast Mariners and is on the verge of an England call up

Ah, you got Andriy Rusol from Dnipro. I always sign that guy. :D

need an advise.

Play your strengths, the only advise i have really.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to Eastleigh into the Prem in season 2025/2026. I then managed to keep them up by finishing 17th (and losing in the FA Cup Final after an easy run to get there) and this next season we are 11th with two months to go.

By now all but one or two players are regens, which is the way I like it.

Give me a couple of years to introduce a few more wonderkids to the team and the Spitfires should be absolutely flying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Downloaded this the other day.

anyone still play it lol?

can't seem to get my strikers scoring,im in april and bwp is on 14 and john with like 6 lol.

signed david connely hes shocking and i signed his nigerian for 1.3m hes 19 and has beastly stats but he cant score either ...

Downloaded this the other day.

anyone still play it lol?

can't seem to get my strikers scoring,im in april and bwp is on 14 and john with like 6 lol.

signed david connely hes shocking and i signed his nigerian for 1.3m hes 19 and has beastly stats but he cant score either ...

What is with the lol's?

Champions League winners with AFC Wimbledon on FM08

Without cheating?

I took Dorchester into L1 through the play-offs, but then lost my best 3 players in the close season when the Chairman stepped in & accepted the offers. These basically payed off my debts & after lying bottom after 12 games, I jumped ship to Notts County

I assumed it was impossible to go all the way

2041 ???

Are there still decent players around ???

I always find there are only ever a few decent regens

No such thing as regens. They are newgens! Two very different things! :)

And yes plenty of very good newgens still about, the game aims to have similar levels throughout and future proofs itself.