Please don't shame our club on Saturday

Turkish

I know Christmas is a tense time and a crucial period for clubs with so many games packed so close together and Saturday is a huge game for SFC with a real relegation six pointer. However can I plead with you not to let your festive spirit overflow into the stands on Saturday and not shame the name of our great football club by Embarassing us with behaviour not befitting of being a true saints fan. This includes but is not limited to;

The wearing of Santa hats

The wearing of elf hats

The wearing of reindeer antlers

Last year our club was shamed by fans engaging in such behaviour and I hope that the 'kick fancy dress out' campaign TSW has run this year is effective in stamping out this sort of disgraceful behaviour. Remember just because you're at a football match it doesn't mean you can dress and act like a p*ick.

KICK iT OUT.

Assuming that you're actually serious about this, may I ask who appointed you Chief Inspector of the Fashion Police?

And when you use the phrase "embarrasing us ...", who is this "us"?

Sometimes people can put on a front, you know? Yes, Turkish likes to play the tough guy, but even tough guys cry sometimes. Let's all just go easy on him and each other.

Maybe so, but now and again the pigeons need to come home to roost.

You can't just give all the time.

(And yes, the comment made regarding his mother earlier was utterly out of order. It needs dealing with.)

It's not about blame or saying this person needs infractions or whatever, it is about remembering that quite often people like Turkish are emotionally damaged by things from the past and little things like this can make it worse. This isn't about a message board, it is about a vulnerable human being who often uses anger and sarcasm as a defence mechanism needing some support. Forget who said what, let's just make sure that Turkish gets some Christmas love from people on here because he needs it. He deserves it.

It's not about blame or saying this person needs infractions or whatever, it is about remembering that quite often people like Turkish are emotionally damaged by things from the past and little things like this can make it worse. This isn't about a message board, it is about a vulnerable human being who often uses anger and sarcasm as a defence mechanism needing some support. Forget who said what, let's just make sure that Turkish gets some Christmas love from people on here because he needs it. He deserves it.

Based on what you see in person day to day (i'm guessing....) sure.

Based on here day to day, a different story.

I hope he's ok. Equally though he seems intelligent enough in conversation to be self aware enough to understand how this front makes him seem, surely?

I think he's a deeply troubled soul, Colin, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve the support of fellow saints fans. At this time of year we should remember what Jesus said about forgiveness and turning the other cheek. Let Turkish make his silly comments, let us forgive him, let us urn the other cheek, because we know that deep down he is not the tough guy he likes to pretend he is. He's a man wh is hurting, crying, like we all do. He hides behind fashion and what have you, but he is the same as all of us. Let's not judge too quickly or too harshly.

I think he's a deeply troubled soul, Colin, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve the support of fellow saints fans. At this time of year we should remember what Jesus said about forgiveness and turning the other cheek. Let Turkish make his silly comments, let us forgive him, let us urn the other cheek, because we know that deep down he is not the tough guy he likes to pretend he is. He's a man wh is hurting, crying, like we all do. He hides behind fashion and what have you, but he is the same as all of us. Let's not judge too quickly or too harshly.

As I said, personally I hope he is ok.

When all you see is the anger, sarcasm and condescension it's difficult to say any more mind, threads like this, attacking those who are utterly harmless, do not help him.

From personal experience this is a terrible time of year when it comes to upheaval in your personal life, I wouldn't wish it on anyone; Regardless of how insulting they had been in the past.

This is why I love Christmas, what a lovely post :)

Sorry. Despite your quite frankly repulsive suggestions that my failure to find 'comedy' hats funny is linked to pedophilia or tarnishing the name of my dead mother I'm still struggling to see the joke. Although I'm sure you're laughing at yourself for your pedophile joke or imagining Santa f*cking my mums ashes you sick, vulgar c*nt.

I'm truly sorry for your mothers passing. I genuinely had no idea (not knowing you personally, how would I?), but I really was not making any sort of joke at her expense, why on earth would I? In fairness, I never said anything about her ashes.

Being the great multi-millionaire business man you tell me you are I'm pretty sure you get this really. At no point did I make any reference to anyone ****ing anyone's ashes. Though dealing in reality, instead of hyperbole isn't exactly a strong suit of yours, is it? Since when did you have such a large moral high horse to laud it over everyone else from?

Or is this the larger message of this thread? I'm dull, I dislike anyone having fun unless I personally approve of it. You are all shameful, vulgar and disgusting.

But, back to the original point, I don't see why people who think it is a bit of fun to dress up or be a bit silly is so offensive to you. Or as you say is so embarrassing?

I hardly see how this brings shame to the club or the city? So what if people find this fun or amusing, why does it have to bother you so?

Is it a Zenit style 'forcing down the throat' of Xmas that displeases you so? As I said before, if you don't see it as fun, or amusing; fair enough, that is your prerogative. As I also said, it isn't for me either.

But who made you the arbitrator of entertainment? Since when was it your decision of what people can or can't do to have some fun on their days off? I really, really fail to see how anyone can get so upset by this?

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

I'm sure he can. What is sad at this time of year is posters such as "The Stain" who seem obsessed by other forum users, without contributing any posts of worth themselves.

Eh? Did you actually read my posts? I'm not obsessed by anything, I was just trying to get others to see things from Turkish' point of view.

"Same trolling as every year, James"...

It's clear that the clothing committee has picked the wardrobe but I think it's time to let the fan choose his own outfit now. We need to see what the fan can do and if he is out of his depth in the PL. No more bringing on the Guly underpants for 15 minutes every game, just because Don Tailor says so...

Oh and Turkish: I found your driving moccasins, they were next to your maroon croquet cleats!

I played Golf last night. With 8 Santas, 2 Elves, a confused lad from Harrogate in a Santa mini skirt (could have shaved his legs FFS), A Company Director in full drag as Mrs Santa, a Snowman and Tigger. Oh, and of course, 5 Dancing Bears

I (of course) went dressed as a Wise Man and handed out Gold Coins to everyone (The Cadbury's kind FFS) (Oh and yes you will be able to google a photo when the pics get published in the press down here next week)

This Saturday we are going to the Pub dressed in our Santa Hats.

We kinda enjoy doing this as it makes all the geeks wearing Armani look stupid.

Is there anyone you haven't played golf with?

Its at xmas time that I wish we didn't play in red because a club colour co-ordinated santa hat is the dogs. I saw a green Argyle one the other year , nice.

Anyway I'm off to bed to dream about Santa ****in Turkishes dead mum.

You absolutely vile c*nt. Why has no one said anything about this?

Its at xmas time that I wish we didn't play in red because a club colour co-ordinated santa hat is the dogs. I saw a green Argyle one the other year , nice.

Troll in 'out trolled' Shocker!

Sorry is making jokes about Peadophiles and f*cking peoples mum humourous?

I'm truely amazed no one has condemed this post.

Edited by Turkish

The self proclaimed 'alpha male' can look after himself i'm sure.

Indeed, although "jokes" like this are in pretty bad taste are they not?