Administration inevitable

Verbal Kint

Funny really. The stay away fans who put nothing in want Administration. Those contributing to Saints want success. I know which camp I am in.

I am not a supporter of Lowe. I can see his staying here is dividing the "support" I cannot see a better alternative at present, that is to say someone who would come in and pick up the debt etc.

Is it just me that doesn't get it? I love this club, I have supported it for nearly 40 years, I have made my son love it too, poor lad, even though we live in a PO postcode. It's not negotiable - we are season ticket holders, we go to every home game, we cheer the team on, we groan in despair at some selections/decisions, but we keep supporting and we hope and we keep hoping.

I am not a customer - I am a customer of Sainsburys, but not of Southampton. I am a fan (short for fanatic), devoted to supporting my club through thick and thin and it really, REALLY p*sses me off that when the club desperately needs our help and support so many mealy-mouthed 'customers' and alleged supporters find excuses not to turn up and back the lads who do their very best for us every week. It is nothing to do with Lowe or the credit-crunch or anything else, it is a lot of self-justifying whining from people who can't accept we are no longer in the Prem. We might get relegated, we might have to sell off our bright young stars, but then again, we might yet amaze everyone, and I bet if we are pushing for the play-offs come March all these fair-weather fans will find some warped justification to start coming back again.

It is bloody simple - it is our club, not Lowes or Wildes or some Arab businessman who might buy us on a whim's club. But ours. And to me it is shameful that all these petty people actually think that administration or relegation will in some way be a good thing while they stay away feeling smugly superior to us poor saps who turn out in rain and frost to cheer the team on. YOUR club needs you. Prove you are a true fan, not a customer, and get off your asses and support them at their darkest hour.

If Lowe didn't want fans to act as 'customers' then he shouldn't have treated them as such.

There will other people out there who will have much more attractive offers than Lowe who isn't wealthy enough (in football terms) to make a difference to the side.

Lowe getting the club on the cheap through administration will NOT happen.

Aren't you just the prophet! So you know for a fact that we will be relegated, we will go into administration, and Lowe will not pick up full control of SFC on the cheap. Any other future occurrences you know for a fact will take place? Could you help us out with the lottery numbers, for example? Or are you just another doom-and-gloom merchant blowing smoke?

As if we don't all know ...

Let's just be clear about a few things: we do not know which players, if any, will be sold in January, not even Lowe or Poortvliet do ... it'll depend on what clubs make what offers, for a start. We do not know what effect on the team and on results the loss of any players who do leave will have ... it'll depend on what players remain and how they perform. We do not know that administration is inevitable: though the club has substantial debts, the creditors at present seem to think they are better off keeping the club afloat, and that Lowe and co. are doing a creditable job of bringing expenses into line with income streams. We do not know that we will be relegated: though inconsistent in terms of results, the youngsters have put in some very promising performances, and the team are maintaining themselves above the relegation places as of the present.

Now I realize that you and a dozen or so other whiners and Lowe haters on this board would rather see Saints relegated, into admionistration, destroyed completely if it comes to that, just so long as Lowe suffers and you get the pleasure of saying "I told you so"; and I realize that by not buying into that anti-Saints crap I will be excposed to being dismissed as a "Lowe luvvie", an agent or stooge of Lowe, and so on and so forth. But what you and your fellow haters need to try to understand, is that there is such a thing as loving SFC and wanting the best for the club, and not caring a toss who is running it. from that perspecve, though there is much to criticize in events of the past 5 or 6 years, there is also much sense in the way the club is currently being run, and some hope that things are getting better.

What I will say is that IF administration and/or relegation do happen, there will be plenty of blame to go around: to Lowe and Wilde certainly, to Crouch and co. who ran a fiscally irresponsible operation last year, to Redknapp and Burley who did not deliver consistent and good results despite the players and backing they had ... but also to all of you Lowe haters and whiners who would rather see this club destroyed than see it succeed with Lowe in charge: shame on you!

And another thing - I would far rather watch Lancashire & James and the others develop and grow into the good footballers they will become than see a bunch of unknown unpronounceable foreign mercenaries drafted in for half a season of indifferent effort at the end of their careers.

Good for you. I'd rather watch talented youngsters integrated into the team in the correct way than watch a load of them be put in at once and fail, and therefore destroying their confidence completely in the process. But each to their own

Is it just me that doesn't get it? I love this club, I have supported it for nearly 40 years, I have made my son love it too, poor lad, even though we live in a PO postcode. It's not negotiable - we are season ticket holders, we go to every home game, we cheer the team on, we groan in despair at some selections/decisions, but we keep supporting and we hope and we keep hoping.

I am not a customer - I am a customer of Sainsburys, but not of Southampton. I am a fan (short for fanatic), devoted to supporting my club through thick and thin and it really, REALLY p*sses me off that when the club desperately needs our help and support so many mealy-mouthed 'customers' and alleged supporters find excuses not to turn up and back the lads who do their very best for us every week. It is nothing to do with Lowe or the credit-crunch or anything else, it is a lot of self-justifying whining from people who can't accept we are no longer in the Prem. We might get relegated, we might have to sell off our bright young stars, but then again, we might yet amaze everyone, and I bet if we are pushing for the play-offs come March all these fair-weather fans will find some warped justification to start coming back again.

It is bloody simple - it is our club, not Lowes or Wildes or some Arab businessman who might buy us on a whim's club. But ours. And to me it is shameful that all these petty people actually think that administration or relegation will in some way be a good thing while they stay away feeling smugly superior to us poor saps who turn out in rain and frost to cheer the team on. YOUR club needs you. Prove you are a true fan, not a customer, and get off your asses and support them at their darkest hour.

well said:smt041

i can't be arsed to argue with anyone on here b'cos at the end of the day we all really want the best for the team

COYRs

What I will say is that IF administration and/or relegation do happen, there will be plenty of blame to go around: to Lowe and Wilde certainly, to Crouch and co. who ran a fiscally irresponsible operation last year, to Redknapp and Burley who did not deliver consistent and good results despite the players and backing they had ... but also to all of you Lowe haters and whiners who would rather see this club destroyed than see it succeed with Lowe in charge: shame on you!

Shame on you for being stupid

Bllcks, I gave my support, and thousands of pounds, what did Lowe do, chuck it all back in my face. Its a two way thing this supporting a team lark, Im no mindless sheep pumping money into a crooked empire to see Lowe treat us like mugs while pandering to his little boys club cabal. As long as mugs keep giving him money to syphon away from SFC ltd and into the evil PLC cash converter, he will laugh in the face of us, the lunatic fringe. We desreve a lot better than Lowe, the man is a monster.

Ridiculous Comment you have no idea whats going on have you

The situation as I understand it - and please remember I'm no accountant .

Turnover £14.9m

Operating Loss £12.5m-£14m+ (excluding player trading & tax etc)

Even if last summers cost cutting has halved our operating loss you can guarantee turnover will reduce again substantially next year (lower 'gate' income) leaving us with another large underlying loss in 12 months time - in the unlikely event of SFC still being in existence by then that is . :(

I don't actually. I don't go to games because i don't want to support Lowe. I don't live in manchester either.

he doesn't play. How about going to support Lallana -great to watch, really tries and may not be here long - I tend to look at the pitch not directors box

Once we have a positive bank balance,then Lowe will start to pay dividends again rather than invest in the football team.
have you got proof to back this up? almost anyone (inluding the mythical knight in shining armour) investing in the club will expect a return - lowe is no different. I for one have no problem with that (within reasonable limits). If the club is successful enough to be profitable, that can only be a good thing. Edited by s0108787

With the news we will have to sell our best players in January relegation is inevitable. We are barely above the relegation zone now as it is and that's with Surman, Lallana in the side. We will go down this season if/when these players are sold.

We might as well go in to administration now and take the points deduction rather than start on -15 next season in league one.

Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde between them have destroyed this football club, and i'm proud of the thousands of fans who continue to stay away from St Marys and accelerate the end of these two morons.

oh god here we go again,another victor meldrew poster who i expect wanted the team to lose for their fantasy logic.

:smt017

he doesn't play. How about going to support Lallana -great to watch, really tries and may not be here long - I tend to look at the pitch not directors box

As you say wont be here for long but thats ok isn`t it!!

keep on stumping up the cash whatever the quality....

Can you not get it into your head, people will not continue pay good money for

a product that will reduce in quality.

Are you Lowe in disguise? The reason we were relegated, and therefore in this position, is because Lowe was useless with finances. He preferred having 4 players on 10k a week than 2 on 20k. I guess he is right though, Saha and Malbranque were never as good as Fernandez and Brett Ormerod
A far more contributary factor in us getting relegated was Peter crouch's decision not keep hold of the ball against Everton in the final minute of injury time and instead shoot tamely at their keeper. They then went down the other end and scored.The line between success and failure is a microscopic one. And somehow people seem to think they have all the right answers. :rolleyes:

Small minded Idiots

second sentence sums up why most have given up , club with no future.

me i still go but that is because for 48 years of support i still cannot believe the mess we made of the last 12 years, sky giving us money and the management basically through bad football club management blew it.

yes we got to a cup final but we were built on financial sand in 1996 and never propped it up with extra investment due to the old boys club which still runs SLH

A far more contributary factor in us getting relegated was Peter crouch's decision not keep hold of the ball against Everton in the final minute of injury time and instead shoot tamely at their keeper. They then went down the other end and scored.The line between success and failure is a microscopic one. And somehow people seem to think they have all the right answers. :rolleyes:

Small minded Idiots

BUT you do have the answers ?

Anybody who is staying away under the pretence that they dislike the current regime is a complete and utter **** and i have nothing but contempt for you. When and if we go into administration you'll be as guilty as those you try and pin the blame on.

I don't think the stayaways will be as responsible for the clubs demise as Lowe and Wilde, but i would like to think we'd take some credit for putting the final nails in the Lowe/Wilde PLC's coffin. That is the sole reason i'm boycotting so it'd make it all worthwhile.

Our team is now more technically gifted than at any point i can remember. They are adding some street smarts and physical strength slowly but surely. Things are getting better.

And then they will be sold.....

That is getting better is it:confused:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

As you say wont be here for long but thats ok isn`t it!!

keep on stumping up the cash whatever the quality....

Can you not get it into your head, people will not continue pay good money for

a product that will reduce in quality.

I agree and that is why attendances will continue to drop until we improve.

I will be gutted if he goes but I am not sulking about it now and staying away, will enjoy watching him while I can.

Precisely. The chances of Lowe staying on are very very slim.

and you are such a great supporter you would rather us relegated, playing in empty stadium, selling everyone - just because your dislike for someone sat in the stands in more important to you than enjoying watching saints. Bizarre.

and you are such a great supporter you would rather us relegated, playing in empty stadium, selling everyone - just because your dislike for someone sat in the stands in more important to you than enjoying watching saints. Bizarre.

It's called having a principle and sticking to it.

I agree and that is why attendances will continue to drop until we improve.

I will be gutted if he goes but I am not sulking about it now and staying away, will enjoy watching him while I can.

For the record i continue to go to games but can understand peoples views

about not attending because of his tenure and the selling of all prize assets

during it.

have you got proof to back this up? almost anyone (inluding the mythical knight in shining armour) investing in the club will expect a return - lowe is no different. I for one have no problem with that (within reasonable limits). If the club is successful enough to be profitable, that can only be a good thing.

How much did Lowe ever reinvest back into the club?

The PLC is all about making money for its shareholders,not putting it into SFC.

Our team is now more technically gifted than at any point i can remember. They are adding some street smarts and physical strength slowly but surely. Things are getting better.
they are not interested in that all they live for their hatred of lowe,even wanting our team to lose, what sort of twisted logic is that'

you just have to laugh at their pathic whinging.:smt117

For the record i continue to go to games but can understand peoples views

about not attending because of his tenure and the selling of all prize assets

during it.

I understand anyone not wanting to go, of course its less appealing for all reasons (footballing ones) we know. Not having players, opposition, winning less, change in your lifestyle etc.

Lowe can be blamed for lots of these, so I can see how indirectly he effects your choice, but not to go because you don't like someone sat in the stand is ridicilous, and IMHO not the real reason.

BUT you do have the answers ?

depends on the question. But in this case no.

However I do know when people are blinkered and are not able to see both sides of an argument.

The situation puts lowe in between a rock and a hard place.

1. He keeps our best players, we potentailly stay up but we go into administration, get points deducted and go into a downward spiral, losing all saleable assets, get relegated next year and all hope of short - medium term recovery is pie in the sky.

2. He sells our best players to keep the team afloat, slowly but surely gets rid of the high earners and makes the club potentailly more able to be self sustaining (even with the stayaways) - potentially we could get relegated or still go into administration.

Two choices, but which to choose?

If it were me and my money was invested, i would look to cut costs as far as possible and run a tight ship.

This would involve one very important caveat, i would have to be confident in the ability of the people i had working for me i.e. the coach and the players.

Lowe does not want to loose a shed load of money - anyone that says otherwise is bonkers. His first priority is not lining his pockets, it is avoiding losing millions of pounds, MILLIONS OF POUNDS. He will do everything in his power to avoid this and will have thought long and hard about the calculated risk of the current setup we have.

Given that the world is on the brink of financial meltdown do you not think that it would be a damn good idea to get the club able to stand on it's own two feet rather than have to be bailed out by getting dubious loans or relying on gifts from wealthy benefactors. Ultimately we could fail whatever route is taken, but the one that has a better chance in the long long long terms is the one that relies on us, the fans, NOT the goodwill of someone easily parted with their money or a dodgy arms dealer.

But Nick whats the point of getting your hopes up if all Lowe and Wildes going to do is sell off all our best players every season?

While that keeps happening,this club will only go one way...........down.

So relegation,empty stadium and selling players will happen anyway while Lowe is still here.

And then they will be sold.....

That is geting better is it:confused:

There will be others, but if you don't want them sold then tell everyone you know who is staying away, to get down to St Marys and support them.

Don't sell - definitely go bust

Sell - maybe go bust

Play the percentages - that's what good gamblers do apparently

depends on the question. But in this case no.

However I do know when people are blinkered and are not able to see both sides of an argument.

The situation puts lowe in between a rock and a hard place.

1. He keeps our best players, we potentailly stay up but we go into administration, get points deducted and go into a downward spiral, losing all saleable assets, get relegated next year and all hope of short - medium term recovery is pie in the sky.

2. He sells our best players to keep the team afloat, slowly but surely gets rid of the high earners and makes the club potentailly more able to be self sustaining (even with the stayaways) - potentially we could get relegated or still go into administration.

Two choices, but which to choose?

If it were me and my money was invested, i would look to cut costs as far as possible and run a tight ship.

This would involve one very important caveat, i would have to be confident in the ability of the people i had working for me i.e. the coach and the players.

Lowe does not want to loose a shed load of money - anyone that says otherwise is bonkers. His first priority is not lining his pockets, it is avoiding losing millions of pounds, MILLIONS OF POUNDS. He will do everything in his power to avoid this and will have thought long and hard about the calculated risk of the current setup we have.

Given that the world is on the brink of financial meltdown do you not think that it would be a damn good idea to get the club able to stand on it's own two feet rather than have to be bailed out by getting dubious loans or relying on gifts from wealthy benefactors. Ultimately we could fail whatever route is taken, but the one that has a better chance in the long long long terms is the one that relies on us, the fans, NOT the goodwill of someone easily parted with their money or a dodgy arms dealer.

All very true but the big flaw is that he has alienated the one thing his plan needs THE FANS.

you can only cut so many costs , you eventually need an income in the premiership days it was handed to him on a plate , he has shown of late that he has no idea how to attract new "customers" to buy his product

How much did Lowe ever reinvest back into the club?

The PLC is all about making money for its shareholders,not putting it into SFC.

from his own pocket not alot i don't suppose.

But what some on here seem not to realise, is that generally people do not give away vast sums of money to football clubs. People that would are few and far between. Any club chairman will invest, but it will be from bank loans, retained operating profit or from transfers.

99 times out of 100 it will not be from their own pocket unless they are stupidly rich or just plain stupid.

The stay aways are just moronic, my friend. So the club goes under faster (and perhaps needlesly??) because of your (and a few others) dislike of two blokes? Gimmie a break, you obviously dont love the club as much as you think you do, just because you dont want to watch CCC football. Take off your beer goggles and see the bigger picture eh? Administration and the points deduction that comes with it will be THE FINAL nail in out coffin, there will be NO comming back from that. If there is, it wont be for a VERY long time (leeds, luton, bournmouth) - I know we're a "bigger" club than those I just mentioned, but that counts for **** when you've got no money. How can you think your better than the LOYAL fans, when its people like you that are killing the club at the moment? We need all the support we can get ffs.

You my friend have got it absolutely spot on. All those there on Saturday, the support we gave THE TEAM was nothing short of awesome. PASSION!

No one will persuade those who profess to be abstaining on principle to come back.

So why bother?

If the team is winning, they'll come back because they will have the humility and sense to realise they were wrong.

And if they are right, there will be no club left to support.

Simple.

Either way? They're not stopping you supporting are they?

And yes, if they come back and you've kept the club afloat in the interim, they will be happy to pay higher Season Ticket prices to reflect the sacrifice you made on their behalf.

We know this, because - unlike Rupert - they believe in equity, fairness and want people to invest in the club and team.

In my opinion it's rather selfish of thousands of stay away fans to enforce relegation and administration on the paying customers who don't want it!! IMO but each to their own I suppose

Yeah how selfish of me..I can actually buy my daughter all the things she wants this christamas with the money i've saved not going to watch Saints this season. I should be ashamed.

from his own pocket not alot i don't suppose.

But what some on here seem not to realise, is that generally people do not give away vast sums of money to football clubs. People that would are few and far between. Any club chairman will invest, but it will be from bank loans, retained operating profit or from transfers.

99 times out of 100 it will not be from their own pocket unless they are stupidly rich or just plain stupid.

Sorry mate the point i was trying to make was not about Lowe putting his own money into SFC,it was about any money that is directly made as a profit from the football,being invested back into the club.

Because we have a PLC leeching off the club,any profit will go to them,rather than be re-invested into the football team.

All very true but the big flaw is that he has alienated the one thing his plan needs THE FANS.

you can only cut so many costs , you eventually need an income in the premiership days it was handed to him on a plate , he has shown of late that he has no idea how to attract new "customers" to buy his product

but even if the fans came back and we had £20k - £23k every week, we still wouldn't be in a position to keep our best players. The current expenditure is far, far to great to be sustainable in anything other than the premiership.

Most clubs from the top four down in the prem could be considered selling clubs if the Big Boys come calling. You can probably count on one hand the number of clubs around the world, who can turn down any offer.

In fact, there is no club in the world for whom money is no object.

I for one like Leon Crouch, but chances are he would have had to do exactly as Lowe is doing and would have to sell in January. Are you sure that lowe being here has that much to do with not attracting "new customers"? Or is it more that football fans are fickle and in many cases (not all) slightly ignorant.

I also think admnistration is inevitable without investment. Player sales in January and at the end of the season, may well delay the process and appease the banks temporarily but IMO it will come. The question is, whether it is better to go through a slow lingering death, selling off what is left of the family silver until there is nothing left of value to offload? Or do we just cut our losses, file for administration and call in professional people to try and get us out of the mess we are in? Devil and the deep blue sea comes to mind.