Administration inevitable

Verbal Kint

But who is it that unlike Rupert believes in equity, fairness and wants people to invest in the club and team. Who is it? There is no one. You want someone to 'invest in the team' but resent anyone getting a return on their money. If they take a share of the profit as a return then they are greedy b45t4rds sucking the club dry. WHY would anyone invest huge sums of money for any purpose than to make more money? Really, what you want is for someone just to hand over several million just to make YOU feel better about the team you 'support'. What are you going to do put in? Absolutely nothing, not even your gate money ... enough said!

Sorry mate the point i was trying to make was not about Lowe putting his own money into SFC,it was about any money that is directly made as a profit from the football,being invested back into the club.

Because we have a PLC leeching off the club,any profit will go to them,rather than be re-invested into the football team.

The money has not been there to invest simply because it has been swallowed up in operating costs, or more specifically the wages of overpaid, underachieving players and managers.

i don't think that being a Plc adds a massive amount to the cst of running the business - certainly not when some players earn circa £600k per year basic!

Any returns for shareholders would be within normal tolerances and consistent with decent investment returns.

Why should we assume that a privately controlled limited company would not pay dividends to it's shareholders?

If anything there would be less accountability for a private owner. They could pawn the stadium off, sell our best players and then wind the company up having made a tidy sum - and there would be nothing we could do about it.

Edited by s0108787

but even if the fans came back and we had £20k - £23k every week, we still wouldn't be in a position to keep our best players. The current expenditure is far, far to great to be sustainable in anything other than the premiership.

Most clubs from the top four down in the prem could be considered selling clubs if the Big Boys come calling. You can probably count on one hand the number of clubs around the world, who can turn down any offer.

In fact, there is no club in the world for whom money is no object.

I for one like Leon Crouch, but chances are he would have had to do exactly as Lowe is doing and would have to sell in January. Are you sure that lowe being here has that much to do with not attracting "new customers"? Or is it more that football fans are fickle and in many cases (not all) slightly ignorant.

we have never been in a position to keep our best players but we have also never activily tried to get rid of them.

What makes you sure 23k would not be enough people, unless you are David Jones, Rupert or a Barclays employee you cannot know what the current level of expenditure is ?

If it has not been cut since the June accounts Rupert has failed badly , i suspect a lot of bad news was humped into the accounts to June hence the very distorted Chairmans report enabling Rupert and David Jones the opportunity to blamr previous regimes, which is ironic because Jones waspart of that one to

Football fans are fickle but they do turn up to watch success winning teams .

we have never been in a position to keep our best players but we have also never activily tried to get rid of them.

What makes you sure 23k would not be enough people, unless you are David Jones, Rupert or a Barclays employee you cannot know what the current level of expenditure is ?

If it has not been cut since the June accounts Rupert has failed badly , i suspect a lot of bad news was humped into the accounts to June hence the very distorted Chairmans report enabling Rupert and David Jones the opportunity to blamr previous regimes, which is ironic because Jones waspart of that one to

Football fans are fickle but they do turn up to watch success winning teams .

Given that we have not been able to shift many of the high earners and our losses were so massive before, it's not a difficult assumption to make that £23k fans just wont cut it at the moment.

The point is why should fans pay big money to watch ****? Why should they support the club when the best players are sent out on loan to rivals? Now if Lowe hadn't treated the fans as customers maybe more would be sympathetic and support the club despite this. But he's behaved like a **** for 10 years and now he is being treated like one.

I paid £6 for my reading ticket on saturday, I would have gladly paid £30 to watch our very young side, including Lloyd James, totally dominate against the second best team in this league with a few full international players among them.

Admitting defeat after such a good performance, mainly from our young players, is an aboslutely ridiculous way of looking at our current situation. After saturday and several other recent games I fully believe we will survive this season.

I applaude every single one of those fans that make the effort to turn out each week for the TEAM. You are the kind of scum that have ruined this club in recent times, I bet you haven't been to a game this season and I you leave the seats for REAL fans, because you are a total ****.

/rant

Funny really. The stay away fans who put nothing in want Administration. Those contributing to Saints want success. I know which camp I am in.

I am not a supporter of Lowe. I can see his staying here is dividing the "support" I cannot see a better alternative at present, that is to say someone who would come in and pick up the debt etc.

And another thing - I would far rather watch Lancashire & James and the others develop and grow into the good footballers they will become than see a bunch of unknown unpronounceable foreign mercenaries drafted in for half a season of indifferent effort at the end of their careers.

Anybody who is staying away under the pretence that they dislike the current regime is a complete and utter **** and i have nothing but contempt for you. When and if we go into administration you'll be as guilty as those you try and pin the blame on.

3 statements there that sum up my feelings, I might not be a fan of Lowe but he does control finances well, like it or not we are in a big mess and something needs to be done, It maybe right it maybe not but we will eventually come out of this and start climbing back with a team who where brought up through Saint academy and want to play for Saints and care for a club getting stronger and stronger.

this season has made me realise just how much i love SFC and try to go even more than i ever have done before and ive been attending games for over 20 years not because i want Lowe to succeed its because i dont want to see my true love cease to exist anymore.

If you don’t want to go anymore fair enough that’s your right, don’t go anymore but down bring down the club with you, if you don’t like what’s happening find an answer don’t kill the club because that’s what you are doing.

And to the 15,000 fans that remain, keep believing, and keep supporting I will be 1 of you WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON FC

Is Administration inevitable?????

Not sure one way or the other.

On one hand, last year we had an Operating Loss of just under 13million (15 million if you include interest) and an Operating Cash Outflow of 15 million.

We may have made savings, but I struggle to see how we can turn around that much of a deficit (regardless of whatever cutbacks we make).

Even player sales will surely take some going to bring that back into line (and at what point do we run out of family silver?).

So on that basis, I can only see as accumulating even more losses, offset by whatever one off sales we can muster.

The other side of the coin is that I'm still struggling to understand what Barclay's and Norwich Union's position is.

They are the masters of our destiny and I'm unsure of just how they benefit if they pull the plug (or stop funding us and therefore someone else pulls the plug).

Do they accept their losses to date and administration just means they don't lose any more money or do they stick with us in a hope something can turn us around (i.e. promotion)????

I paid £6 for my reading ticket on saturday, I would have gladly paid £30 to watch our very young side, including Lloyd James, totally dominate against the second best team in this league with a few full international players among them.

Admitting defeat after such a good performance, mainly from our young players, is an aboslutely ridiculous way of looking at our current situation. After saturday and several other recent games I fully believe we will survive this season.

I applaude every single one of those fans that make the effort to turn out each week for the TEAM. You are the kind of scum that have ruined this club in recent times, I bet you haven't been to a game this season and I you leave the seats for REAL fans, because you are a total ****.

/rant

Scum now.

Big words brave cyber warrior.

Is Administration inevitable?????*Not sure one way or the other.*On one hand, last year we had an Operating Loss of just under 13million (15 million if you include interest) and an Operating Cash Outflow of 15 million. *We may have made savings, but I struggle to see how we can turn around that much of a deficit (regardless of whatever cutbacks we make).*Even player sales will surely take some going to bring that back into line (and at what point do we run out of family silver?).*So on that basis, I can only see as accumulating even more losses, offset by whatever one off sales we can muster.*The other side of the coin is that I'm still struggling to understand what Barclay's and Norwich Union's position is. *They are the masters of our destiny and I'm unsure of just how they benefit if they pull the plug (or stop funding us and therefore someone else pulls the plug). *Do they accept their losses to date and administration just means they don't lose any more money or do they stick with us in a hope something can turn us around (i.e. promotion)????
their position is that they will rake in the interest on monies owed until the cows come home. it's not that hard to comperehend. They have no interest in our success or failure, they see only figures. As long as the debt is being serviced they are happy. They will be like the credit card companies who like you to borrow loads and make the minimum payment so you pay them lots of interest. As long as we can do that they will back us. After that they withdraw their money asap as it is too much to risk losing

Do they accept their losses to date and administration just means they don't lose any more money or do they stick with us in a hope something can turn us around (i.e. promotion)????

The $64,0000 dollar question.

Whilst the Group presently has an overdraft facility, for £4.5m, the Board remain in negotiations with Barclays Bank, who are seeking a progressive reduction in their position,

That statement says to me they are not prepared to throw good money after bad.

I dont wish to waste my money on sub standard going nowhere shyte, how f**king selfish of me :rolleyes:

And when was the last time you did waste your hard earned tanky money at sms? Your last excuse for not attending was your lover boy George Burley :rolleyes: Perhaps if fans like you who stay away attended more then we may not be nearer to administration as we are at present.

their position is that they will rake in the interest on monies owed until the cows come home. it's not that hard to comperehend. They have no interest in our success or failure, they see only figures. As long as the debt is being serviced they are happy. They will be like the credit card companies who like you to borrow loads and make the minimum payment so you pay them lots of interest. As long as we can do that they will back us. After that they withdraw their money asap as it is too much to risk losing

But as lovely as interest payments are, if you continue to increase the principle and are unable to bring it down, there will inevitably be a crunch time.

There are many very influential supporters who have looked at this and are worried that Lowe can pick us up from Administration. It is a REAL possibility.

Must admit, I was very dubious post Lowe's reaction to us staying up last season and the man is sooooo devisive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Whether it is part of a master plan is too ridiculous to imagine. Rupert certainly likes to use the club as a business playground. He has no intention of putting money in (or it would have happened in our hour of need) but every intention of leeching more money from the club imho. So, picking us up cheaply in administration is a distinct possibility (from Lowe or his cabal) and one I would never overlook, knowing the man's track record. Askham, Lowe...Parasitic vultures who don't like to spend, but hungry to suck money from those less fortunate!

But as lovely as interest payments are, if you continue to increase the principle and are unable to bring it down, there will inevitably be a crunch time.

Of course, which is when the banks whip their money away.

The aim for the club then is to avoid the "crunch" at all costs

Must admit, I was very dubious post Lowe's reaction to us staying up last season and the man is sooooo devisive. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. Whether it is part of a master plan is too ridiculous to imagine. Rupert certainly likes to use the club as a business playground. He has no intention of putting money in (or it would have happened in our hour of need) but every intention of leeching more money from the club imho. So, picking us up cheaply in administration is a distinct possibility (from Lowe or his cabal) and one I would never overlook, knowing the man's track record. Askham, Lowe...Parasitic vultures who don't like to spend, but hungry to suck money from those less fortunate!
Please elaborate on how he intends to do this. If he was so darstardly as to do this, do you not think the other shareholders might just have something to say about it? After all the board work for the shareholders...

On a messageboard yes, why don't you answer the question 'you don't go to home games so why do you need this info?'

I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for my enquiry and if Nexstar wants it i shall give it to him. But as i wasn't talking to you you'll have to wait until the person it concerns asks the question.

Oi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've copyrighted that one thank you very much.

If people don't want to go to matches because of Lowe - that is fine. What annoys me is that they then try to rabble rouse and get others to join as if not supporting was a mission. Never mind getting rid of Lowe, if they are successful plenty of people will lose their jobs because of them.

The stay aways are just moronic, my friend. So the club goes under faster (and perhaps needlesly??) because of your (and a few others) dislike of two blokes? Gimmie a break, you obviously dont love the club as much as you think you do, just because you dont want to watch CCC football. Take off your beer goggles and see the bigger picture eh? Administration and the points deduction that comes with it will be THE FINAL nail in out coffin, there will be NO comming back from that. If there is, it wont be for a VERY long time (leeds, luton, bournmouth) - I know we're a "bigger" club than those I just mentioned, but that counts for **** when you've got no money. How can you think your better than the LOYAL fans, when its people like you that are killing the club at the moment? We need all the support we can get ffs.

Real supporters are still there supporting, the others are just fair weather supporters who are bitter people.

Carry a grudge all your life and you will remain very bitter, very twisted, very sad and immature and most of all VERY UNHAPPY. I feel sorry for you.

The joy and experience of being there Saturday was incredible, shame you missed that amazing feeling of 4000 Saints fans united in the sprit of Southampton. One more thing do you know we are contributing to our team you lot of so called fans who are 'on strike' contribute absolutely zero to the amazing football we are playing and the amazing skill of the likes of Lalanna and co so don't bother being proud of him and the others because you have abdicated your right to do so !!

Real supporters are still there supporting, the others are just fair weather supporters who are bitter people.

Carry a grudge all your life and you will remain very bitter, very twisted, very sad and immature and most of all VERY UNHAPPY. I feel sorry for you.

The joy and experience of being there Saturday was incredible, shame you missed that amazing feeling of 4000 Saints fans united in the sprit of Southampton. One more thing do you know we are contributing to our team you lot of so called fans who are 'on strike' contribute absolutely zero to the amazing football we are playing and the amazing skill of the likes of Lalanna and co so don't bother being proud of him and the others because you have abdicated your right to do so !!

Not so. Many of those boycotting SMS go to away games still. The 4,000 away crowd serves to highlight the vast support that Lowe's pariah status is depriving the club of attracting to SMS.

Good for you. I'd rather watch talented youngsters integrated into the team in the correct way than watch a load of them be put in at once and fail, and therefore destroying their confidence completely in the process. But each to their own

Without wishing to be rude but how the **** do you know that? If you're staying away then you've no right and no evidence to judge the quality of the football played.

Pretty much the only games we've been below par in have been on Sky. Pity really because that would have been a great advert for quality football. You could have judged from the 30seconds on the Championship or listened to the radio. Entertaining or no that might be, that's about as much use as letting a blind man choose my wallpaper....

Our away form has been good but I suspect you are one of those 'stay aways' that was going to go to every away game (until that was the missus asked you to go shopping, your budgie died or the car needs fixing).

These youngsters aren't failing but what do you care?

Edited by Alain Perrin

Not so. Many of those boycotting SMS go to away games still. The 4,000 away crowd serves to highlight the vast support that Lowe's pariah status is depriving the club of attracting to SMS.

lol, so why weren't they at Preston?

Nothing to do with the fact that it was our closest away day?????

You are very deluded my friend if you think most of those fans at Reading are in your Strikers club.

You are truely bitter if you don't go to St Mary's because of Rupert Lowe, in fact it is the logic of a 5 year old. Let me tell you that whoever is chairman they will have to cut their cloth or we will go into a black hole never to resurface.

Get over the relegation issue, it was years ago and in the final analysis was the fault of lots of people it doesn't make any of them bad people.

Embrace forgiveness, live five years longer and return to the fold !!!!

Me to, Lowe and the rest of the so called bussiness men have destroyed this club. No season ticket for me next time.
I doubt I'll renew next season but it won't be because of Lowe. I have missed too many games this season because of work. Next season I will still go to the odd game here and there. Lowe should not stop you going.

Well, i have been staying away because of Lowe. Good result at Reading, tempted back, oh alright then. And then this:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10958

Arrogant, patronising and insulting. Blames everyone except himself. Nothing conciliatory or in any way trying to persuade stay-aways to come back. No "pull-together" rallying cry. Just a **** off.

And this:

"Given time and further support from the various interested parties, we are confident that we can resolve the serious challenges that face our Company."

Well, mate, I don't give a rats bollokc about the Company, i care about the saints, the football club. So so, i won't be going back until Lowe has gone.

A far more contributary factor in us getting relegated was Peter crouch's decision not keep hold of the ball against Everton in the final minute of injury time and instead shoot tamely at their keeper. They then went down the other end and scored.The line between success and failure is a microscopic one. And somehow people seem to think they have all the right answers. :rolleyes:

Small minded Idiots

I think that's a bit of a silly example to roll out for the outcome of a season of 38 games. Had Crouch not been there we would probably have been dead and buried well before ONE incident in ONE minute of a game.

Please elaborate on how he intends to do this. If he was so darstardly as to do this, do you not think the other shareholders might just have something to say about it? After all the board work for the shareholders...

Just my gut feeling. Call it instinct. Nothing more than that. I really hope I am wrong.

Lowe is so tight yet devisive, he manages to run our club with a meager 6% share holding. Now, Lowe has control because he works for/represents a particular group of shareholders. A group of shareholders with a very chequered history.

Draw your own conclusions but I remain sceptical!

It is difficult to see taking into account the June 2008 position shown that matters have improved financially by November 2008 and may have worsened. This is because any savings that have been achieved (and any fool can sell assets) will have been offset by the lower gate receipts than those achieved in the financial year to June because of those assets sold.

Administration would therefore now appear ineviable without a big improvement in performance and crowds. However rather than accept administration (and the relegation that will ensue) to get rid of Lowe if this is part of the reason for the dwindling support, the groups claiming to represent supporters should perhaps be considering other options.

I, as a season ticket holder, and at Reading and other away games this season, would consider a rights/share issue to pump some money in and although I accept some supporters cannot do this surely we can raise between £5m to £10m in the area from genuine supporters. The pre-requisite of course is that the incompetent Lowe and Co walk away from their equity and as already pointed out on the forum this is very unlikely.

There has to be a way out of this than simply accepting what appears to be the inevitable.

Bllcks, I gave my support, and thousands of pounds, what did Lowe do, chuck it all back in my face. Its a two way thing this supporting a team lark, Im no mindless sheep pumping money into a crooked empire to see Lowe treat us like mugs while pandering to his little boys club cabal. As long as mugs keep giving him money to syphon away from SFC ltd and into the evil PLC cash converter, he will laugh in the face of us, the lunatic fringe. We desreve a lot better than Lowe, the man is a monster.

Farmer, you speak utter sense. lowe is a lecherous, malignant tumor that must be removed from this club AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

our current system is fundamentally flawed. playing 11 youngsters each week will take us to one place - league one. those of you who think we'll get promoted next year, i urge you to look at crewe. after all, it is the 'crewe model' that we have adopted: let the fans enjoy watching some talented youngsters who every now and then play some exciting football - but don't get your hopes up, because anyone with any talent will be sold on for tuppence in order to keep the club afloat, thereby preventing the club from progressing. but we are not a club like crewe, mr lowe, we are a bigger club that that with higher expectations. whilst lowe and the traiter wilde remain at this club, any sort of progression is very difficult.

Panda makes a really valid point

We need Lowe to go in order to re-unite the fan base.

We need investment to stave off the despair of watching our bright hopes sold off

We have a global bank crisis where EVERYBODY with debt is under pressure from the banks to reduce it. Even simply re-structuring the club so that we live within our means becomes harder when the banks want to cut back their lending to you.

Any one of us who invests our money into ANYTHING demand a return. Some invest in season tickets and are unhappy with the "return" they are getting - ie results (but some are happy with entertainment)

We invest in new cars or telly's we expect them to work.

We save money in the bank or for a pension - we expect to get interest.

We work in a company and we need them to make a profit so that we can have a job next year

So why oh why would anybody invest in a football club to be called a blood-sucking leech when they expect to receive interest on their investment by the way of a dividend?

Sure there is a case to cry out against those who have shares without the cash investment taking a dividend, but how on earth we can expect our club ALONE to become some socio-economic charity.

Will those ranting at the bloodsuckers still rant if a new owner appeared?

If so many fans are against "ownership" of our club, why not petition the local council to take it over as some overblown "community asset" and fill it with disgruntled supporter stress councillors....

The ONLY current course of action is to survive and THEN to pray we can be taken over when conditions improve. If that means waiting one week or one year or one decade then circumstances being what they are we have to accept that.

But when somebody else comes in, how long before our armchair Dacha owners re-commence their campaign to rail against the capitalist system that is currently English Football.

Lowe has to go, but unless anyone on here has Gordon Brown's private number to privatise football, the club will have to BORROW money to do that - if not from the banks then from new investors or owners. They will want interest and their money back one day.

Too many on here don't put their money into the club for whatever reasons, yet demand something must be done. Where will they be come the revolution?

Well, i have been staying away because of Lowe. Good result at Reading, tempted back, oh alright then. And then this:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10958

Arrogant, patronising and insulting. Blames everyone except himself. Nothing conciliatory or in any way trying to persuade stay-aways to come back. No "pull-together" rallying cry. Just a **** off.

And this:

"Given time and further support from the various interested parties, we are confident that we can resolve the serious challenges that face our Company."

Well, mate, I don't give a rats bollokc about the Company, i care about the saints, the football club. So so, i won't be going back until Lowe has gone.

this sums up for me the total childish failed logic of all the "protest" stay aways - tempted back -by the good football, yes the team on the pitch, but not going because the nasty man says some words that upset me! pathetic. either childish or liars the lot of them.

I do not include those who are honest enough to say they are not enjoying it as much as when we are better, or want to spend their money on their daughters christmas presents.

this sums up for me the total childish failed logic of all the "protest" stay aways - tempted back -by the good football, yes the team on the pitch, but not going because the nasty man says some words that upset me! pathetic. either childish or liars the lot of them.

I do not include those who are honest enough to say they are not enjoying it as much as when we are better, or want to spend their money on their daughters christmas presents.

You just don't get it, do you? Watching the saints has been a mixture of good and bad - my team, but mostly a depressing experience in the last 4 years or so. Now we have the added "bonus" of Lowe's presence, and for me that is now enough to keep me away.

Its not that i don't support the saints, its just that the plusses (my team, something to do on a crap Saturday, matchday experience) are overwhelmed by the negatives (mainly Lowe).

Nobody HAS to go - I know you do because you are such a loyal fan - but it is a CHOICE. And Lowe's arrogant, divisive attitude is basically "go to SMS and kiss my ar$e". OK - I choose not to.

And if administration comes and we end up playing on a park pitch I'll go and watch, but not if Lowe is still in charge.

You just don't get it, do you? Watching the saints has been a mixture of good and bad - my team, but mostly a depressing experience in the last 4 years or so. Now we have the added "bonus" of Lowe's presence, and for me that is now enough to keep me away.

Its not that i don't support the saints, its just that the plusses (my team, something to do on a crap Saturday, matchday experience) are overwhelmed by the negatives (mainly Lowe).

Nobody HAS to go - I know you do because you are such a loyal fan - but it is a CHOICE. And Lowe's arrogant, divisive attitude is basically "go to SMS and kiss my ar$e". OK - I choose not to.

Ridiculous

Lowe is not divise but you are because of the stupid spin you put on his presence.

If you spoke to him you may get a better impression of him

I never have but I am not manic enough to hate him but as I am relatively sane that is no surprise

Sorry chaps - I just can't get over people wanting us to go into administration.

Whilst i'm not pleased he's in charge, i'm a Saints fan through and through, I support the football club - not the Leisure Holdings packaging - and regardless of what division we're in I'll always go and support the boys.

COYR

Calm down everyone. Lowe is only a subject of abuse because there is a set that demand instant success and do not have the intelligence to see a longer term plan let alone understand it. Once we start climbing the crowds will grow. No one will care or notice the stayaway fans. No one will care about Lowe or Wilde.

But there will still be the mindless minority who will claim that (a) our success is despite rather than because of Lowe and (b) deny that they said they would never return (lol)

But there will still be the mindless minority who will claim that (a) our success is despite rather than because of Lowe and (b) deny that they said they would never return (lol)

Apparently, they are 'conscientious objectors'.