Administration inevitable

Verbal Kint

I have never understood the logic of some so called fans in boycotting games. We have a team of youngsters who show much more passion than any previous team in the last few years. Surely we should all be there supporting them. I understand that in this situation there will be a lack of attendances at St. Mary's but fans boycotting the games is just inexcusable. Look at Leeds who are in League 1 who get loads of support from their fans who have been through much worse.

The whole concept of a football game is the matchday experience and for watching football not caring so much about the board that you won't go.

To those who will be attending this evening like I will deserve a pat on the back as TRUE SUPPORTERS and to those who will be boycotting GROW UP and stop obsessing with Lowe ffs.

Calm down everyone. Lowe is only a subject of abuse because there is a set that demand instant success and do not have the intelligence to see a longer term plan let alone understand it. Once we start climbing the crowds will grow. No one will care or notice the stayaway fans. No one will care about Lowe or Wilde.

But there will still be the mindless minority who will claim that (a) our success is despite rather than because of Lowe and (b) deny that they said they would never return (lol)

The only trouble with your argument is that we will never start climbing the league when we sell the best players in January. Apart from the likelihood that we will lose more games because of diminishing quality on the pitch, increasingly some people who went to watch those better young players will also depart when they do.

We won't have to wait long to witness this scenario, as the January Sales are but weeks away.

I have never understood the logic of some so called fans in boycotting games. We have a team of youngsters who show much more passion than any previous team in the last few years. Surely we should all be there supporting them. I understand that in this situation there will be a lack of attendances at St. Mary's but fans boycotting the games is just inexcusable. Look at Leeds who are in League 1 who get loads of support from their fans who have been through much worse.

The whole concept of a football game is the matchday experience and for watching football not caring so much about the board that you won't go.

To those who will be attending this evening like I will deserve a pat on the back as TRUE SUPPORTERS and to those who will be boycotting GROW UP and stop obsessing with Lowe ffs.

good post, there boycotting does not worry me has its only a small group plus at least we get fans at the games who only back the team instead of worrying about mr lowe all the time.

The only trouble with your argument is that we will never start climbing the league when we sell the best players in January. Apart from the likelihood that we will lose more games because of diminishing quality on the pitch, increasingly some people who went to watch those better young players will also depart when they do.

We won't have to wait long to witness this scenario, as the January Sales are but weeks away.

And the only reason that is happening is because the stay aways are too concerned with Lowe to give a toss about the team and the future of SFC

Forget Lowe, Go tonight watch some very skillful young players and be a part of rebuilding SFC again

Who on this forum has the RIGHT to tell me how I should support my team. Who on this board has wrote the 'Guide to Supporting Saints', or is it part of a secret society oath that the rest of us don;t know about.

When I started to support Saints, I couldn't go to every game, I couldn't go to many at all - 1 for my birthday, one for Christmas and possibly one other. My parents had very little money and going to a football match was a special occasion, not the norm. As I got old older and old enough to work, being a cleaner of offices at 15, I funded my own travel and ticket money and went every week, home and away.

Nowadays, I have commitments, I have responsibilities and I have a set amount of Personal Disposable Income, and I will choose where I direct that PDI, and I certainly won't throw it away. As a responsible parent, with financial commitments, I cannot justify paying to go to a football match which I cannot enjoy. I cannot justify not enjoying the spending of my PDI, it is a waste of money. If Lowe wasn't there, I would enjoy watching JP trying out his tactics, the young lads working hard to win for the Saints, but I don;t, because there is a massive shadow hanging over SMS, and that shadow is cast, IMO, by Rupert Lowe.

Now, I do realise that 'some' of the posters on here are on a windup and some are obviously in it for other reasons than because they support Saints, but for those that truly are Saints supporters, I say this:

I will choose whether I go to games or not. I will determine what makes me happy in life. I will be the one that determines what constitutes me being able to call myself a Saints fan. And for those of you that don;t accept or can;t comprehend this, or feel that they can lay insults at my door, just because I am not a supporter in their eyes, grow up. I am a FREE man and I will choose what I want to do, and if you think you're stupid petty name calling will encourage me to return OR prevent me from returning, then you need to learn a little bit more about life.

Maybe it is because I was brought up so well by my parents, that I recognise that going to football match's should not be regarded as the norm, but as a luxury and that because of my upbringing, I am less willing to chuck good money after bad in someone I don't believe in.

This 'I'm a better fan than you' really is getting boring and tiresome. It really stinks of PR plants, and in some cases, people that are directly effected by the lack of supporters. And for those of you that aren't Saints fans, but are here for the money, you will get found out. And those of you that are on the board, hiding behind a keyboard or paying someone to post on here for you, will also get found out. That will be a great day and one worth turning up at SMS for!

Who on this forum has the RIGHT to tell me how I should support my team. Who on this board has wrote the 'Guide to Supporting Saints', or is it part of a secret society oath that the rest of us don;t know about.

When I started to support Saints, I couldn't go to every game, I couldn't go to many at all - 1 for my birthday, one for Christmas and possibly one other. My parents had very little money and going to a football match was a special occasion, not the norm. As I got old older and old enough to work, being a cleaner of offices at 15, I funded my own travel and ticket money and went every week, home and away.

Nowadays, I have commitments, I have responsibilities and I have a set amount of Personal Disposable Income, and I will choose where I direct that PDI, and I certainly won't throw it away. As a responsible parent, with financial commitments, I cannot justify paying to go to a football match which I cannot enjoy. I cannot justify not enjoying the spending of my PDI, it is a waste of money. If Lowe wasn't there, I would enjoy watching JP trying out his tactics, the young lads working hard to win for the Saints, but I don;t, because there is a massive shadow hanging over SMS, and that shadow is cast, IMO, by Rupert Lowe.

Now, I do realise that 'some' of the posters on here are on a windup and some are obviously in it for other reasons than because they support Saints, but for those that truly are Saints supporters, I say this:

I will choose whether I go to games or not. I will determine what makes me happy in life. I will be the one that determines what constitutes me being able to call myself a Saints fan. And for those of you that don;t accept or can;t comprehend this, or feel that they can lay insults at my door, just because I am not a supporter in their eyes, grow up. I am a FREE man and I will choose what I want to do, and if you think you're stupid petty name calling will encourage me to return OR prevent me from returning, then you need to learn a little bit more about life.

Maybe it is because I was brought up so well by my parents, that I recognise that going to football match's should not be regarded as the norm, but as a luxury and that because of my upbringing, I am less willing to chuck good money after bad in someone I don't believe in.

This 'I'm a better fan than you' really is getting boring and tiresome. It really stinks of PR plants, and in some cases, people that are directly effected by the lack of supporters. And for those of you that aren't Saints fans, but are here for the money, you will get found out. And those of you that are on the board, hiding behind a keyboard or paying someone to post on here for you, will also get found out. That will be a great day and one worth turning up at SMS for!

This has nothing to do with 'I'm a better fan than you' it's to do with whether you attend sms to watch your beloved team no matter who is running the club. Some on here would rather throw money at other clubs rather than their own club despite our financial predicament and these fans wonder why we are in this mess in the first place. Remember the financial results are from the last year of trading when Lowe wasn't at the helm.

Spot on Mr Smith.

And for the missing supporters what was the quote from Field of Dreams....'build it and they will come...'

I could be wrong here and i can't find out for sure but was Rupert Lowe back in the fold, i.e. in a working capacity at St Marys, for the last game of last season against Sheffield United. I know he was back at the club because I saw him in the hospitality when we played Bristol City 2 weeks earlier. If he was, then there were about 29000 Saints fans at the game giving their support for a club that needed it on the day. How many of you stay away fans for this season were at that game and if you were there, then can you explain why you attended that day but will not do so this season. Was it just for the short term glory of a possible last day survival as opposed to the longer slog of supporting your team through thick and thin this season, as about half of the hard core support are doing at present?

I think he was back but if I am wrong, then just ignore the above! I am not a PR plant, just a Saints fan for 30+ years and will be there tonight and at Charlton Saturday.

Yeah how selfish of me..I can actually buy my daughter all the things she wants this christamas with the money i've saved not going to watch Saints this season. I should be ashamed.

My point is the stay aways who are doing it because of Lowe, if people aren't going for other reasons then fair enough. But don't whinge when we are at the foot of league 1!

I think that's a bit of a silly example to roll out for the outcome of a season of 38 games. Had Crouch not been there we would probably have been dead and buried well before ONE incident in ONE minute of a game.

that wasn't quite the point i was making...

Who on this forum has the RIGHT to tell me how I should support my team.

The point is that you are not supporting your team. You have every right and no need to justify the reasons why you are not supporting your team, but FFS, don't try and call yourself a supporter and then point out how you are not supporting the team. It's makes you look pathetic.

And the only reason that is happening is because the stay aways are too concerned with Lowe to give a toss about the team and the future of SFC

Forget Lowe, Go tonight watch some very skillful young players and be a part of rebuilding SFC again

Ah, but that is the irony ..........

I, and Many Many more Saints Fans WOULD go tonight, but for this :-

It is one thing going along tonight to watch "some very skilful players", but I do not get much comfort from that ..... WHY ???

Because, in January, Lowe will be ripping the Heart out of the Team by selling Davis, Lalana, Schneiderli and Surman

HOW can you call that the Rebuilding of SFC

All it is, is the Rebuilding of Lowe's PLC, which is the ONLY thing that matters to him. He is on record as saying exactly that.

I, and Many Many Fans WOULD go, if Lowe & Wilde stood for FOOTBALL, and not their own selfish Business Interests

Ah, but that is the irony ..........

I, and Many Many more Saints Fans WOULD go tonight, but for this :-

It is one thing going along tonight to watch "some very skilful players", but I do not get much comfort from that ..... WHY ???

Because, in January, Lowe will be ripping the Heart out of the Team by selling Davis, Lalana, Schneiderli and Surman

HOW can you call that the Rebuilding of SFC

All it is, is the Rebuilding of Lowe's PLC, which is the ONLY thing that matters to him. He is on record as saying exactly that.

I, and Many Many Fans WOULD go, if Lowe & Wilde stood for FOOTBALL, and not their own selfish Business Interests

So you dont want to go due to what may or may not happen in a few months?

When will the stay away fans with this argument realise that its you thats "ripping the Heart out of the Team" this will have to be done because the fans are not attending and therefore have to sell to survive.

For Lowe & Wilde to rebuild the PLC and accomplish "their own selfish Business Interests" we have to be successful as well on and off the pitch however much i dont want either to succeed for themselves i do want SFC to succeed do you not want that?

For Lowe & Wilde to rebuild the PLC and a[/font][/color]ccomplish "their own selfish Business Interests" we have to be successful as well on and off the pitch however much i dont want either to succeed for themselves i do want SFC to succeed do you not want that?

Sadly there are some who want SFC to fail above anything else.

When will the stay away fans with this argument realise that its you thats "ripping the Heart out of the Team" this will have to be done because the fans are not attending and therefore have to sell to survive.

For Lowe & Wilde to rebuild the PLC and accomplish "their own selfish Business Interests" we have to be successful as well on and off the pitch however much i dont want either to succeed for themselves i do want SFC to succeed do you not want that?

YES, I do want SAINTS to be successful, but we never will be under the present Owners, Lowe & Wilde, because all they have is a PLC Survival mentality

Do YOU want to keep going to St Mary's, to Support the Football Team, only to see it ripped apart at every Transfer Window, so that Lowe can so called "Balance the Books" ..... THAT IS NOT PROGRESS, but that is all you will get

In fact, what Lowe has and is doing, is no more than what an Administrator would do ..... SELL to PAY OFF Debts

The difference is, that after an Administrator strips us bare, we can then at least BUILD from the botom ....... With Lowe's strategy, all he is doing (at best) is treading water .... He is not REDUCING the Debt, but what he is doing, by weakening the Team at every Transfer Window, jeapardising our very existance in the CCC ... or worse

Go to St Mary's tonight my friend, and cheer the Team on, but reflect that of those in the Team, up to FOUR will not be in that Team come Feb 1st, and THEN ask yourself, are Saints on the way back

Regrettably, and Emphatically .... NO

(Incidently, I am a ST holder, and WILL be cheering the Team on for ninety minutes. As I have said many times, my views on The Club are purely for this Forum )

Why do some not get the fact that if the attendance doesn't increase these cost cutting measures will only get worse.

If by some miracle we start to get 25,000 at SMS our money trouble will decrease, we will then have a better chance of being takenover, Lowe is not here for the fun of it and will go if a decent offer comes as he has previously stated.

Whilst we hemorage money down is the only way we will go, and it will be a hell of a long way back.

We can't undo what has been done already......but we can help the situation by all getting to SMS should your personal constraints allow, and that doesn't include a vendeta against Lowe. IMO

Why do some not get the fact that if the attendance doesn't increase these cost cutting measures will only get worse.

If by some miracle we start to get 25,000 at SMS our money trouble will decrease, we will then have a better chance of being takenover, Lowe is not here for the fun of it and will go if a decent offer comes as he has previously stated.

Whilst we hemorage money down is the only way we will go, and it will be a hell of a long way back.

We can't undo what has been done already......but we can help the situation by all getting to SMS should your personal constraints allow, and that doesn't include a vendeta against Lowe. IMO

define decent offer ?

Oh dear, you really have fallen for Lowe's line, hook, line and sinker.

I feel so sorry for fans like you, believing that Lowe's there for the football club.

Wake up. He is driving us towards Admin so he can pick the club up on the cheap. Watch it happen.

When is it going to penetrate your cranium that a policy of selling the talented youngsters can never realistically be part of rebuilding the club? People can argue all they like that the stay aways are the root cause of the need to sell players to keep afloat. Some argue that the people who stay away because of Lowe are only an insignificant few. If true, then the main body of people staying away must have valid reasons of expense and distance. However, unless some have moved further away, or have less disposable income than last year, they obviously don't feel as motivated to attend as they did last season. If they don't like Lowe/Wilde, if they feel that paying that amount is too much to watch the youth team, if they have any sort of gripe that has switched them into a camp of people who just can't be bothered, then I suspect that one way or another Lowe and his decisions have had something to do with it.

Whether you and others like it or not, our cards are dealt, we are where we are and anybody who does not feel like attending is perfectly entitled to make their own decisions.

Personally, although I have attended all home games this season, I have not renewed my STs from last year. Many are voting with their feet and staying away and we have the biggest attendance drop of any club. If you wish to blame the fans and ignore the possibility that the fans have their own good reasons for staying away, then feel free.

IMO, instead of a drip, drip of falling attendances, we ought to fix a date for a mass boycott, which if well supported would have the divisive elements gone within a very short time indeed.

Then we can start rebuilding the club in earnest.

Valid comments .... However, you have to ask yourself WHY people are staying away, and I am convinced that you cannot blame it all on the Economic Downturn

I think one big reason is The Lowe Factor ......... Many feel that he is only working for his, and Wilde's own ends and the PLC ( as Lowe has stated on more than one occasion)

Fans have seen a major decline in the fortune of The Saints, and Many do not see the actions of Lowe as the way back up

It is pointless in having a Great Big modern Shop ........ with Sod All on the shelves

Against great Odds, Poortvliet has put together a Team that is showing some semblance of Form, and IMHO, would start to consolidate our CCC status

But it will all fall apart in January, when Lowe sells off Four of those players that would help us do that

Of the "floating" Fans,...... ask yourself .... who would want to watch a Team that in a very short while, is going to be ripped apart ?.

The only way to get gates of 25000 again, is to have a Successful Team going UP the League ........ but from February 1st, thanks to Lowe's Sales, we will be left with another New Team again struggling for survival, and I do not think they will do it

In short, if Lowe came out and said, OK, Jans done well, he's got the Team playing well, I am NOT going to rip it apart ....... THEN the Supporters would start to rebuild Faith, and come back

No chance though, Lowe's personnal Business interests come 1st, 2nd and 3rd. As I said, he is NOT there for Saints .... purely the PLC. And as Wilde is still supporting Lowe, then he too is there for personnal Businesss reasons too .... he can no longer call himself a SUPPORTER OF SAINTS

define decent offer ?

A decent enough offer for Lowe to feck off!

He stated £50m originally but I should imagine he is shatting himself about loosing him and his share cronies a lot of money so that figure is probably a lot less now.

The problem is nobody is going to invest a bean whilst we are loosing money due to low gate receipts.

Valid comments .... However, you have to ask yourself WHY people are staying away, and I am convinced that you cannot blame it all on the Economic Downturn

I think one big reason is The Lowe Factor ......... Many feel that he is only working for his, and Wilde's own ends and the PLC ( as Lowe has stated on more than one occasion)

Fans have seen a major decline in the fortune of The Saints, and Many do not see the actions of Lowe as the way back up

It is pointless in having a Great Big modern Shop ........ with Sod All on the shelves

Against great Odds, Poortvliet has put together a Team that is showing some semblance of Form, and IMHO, would start to consolidate our CCC status

But it will all fall apart in January, when Lowe sells off Four of those players that would help us do that

Of the "floating" Fans,...... ask yourself .... who would want to watch a Team that in a very short while, is going to be ripped apart ?.

The only way to get gates of 25000 again, is to have a Successful Team going UP the League ........ but from February 1st, thanks to Lowe's Sales, we will be left with another New Team again struggling for survival, and I do not think they will do it

In short, if Lowe came out and said, OK, Jans done well, he's got the Team playing well, I am NOT going to rip it apart ....... THEN the Supporters would start to rebuild Faith, and come back

No chance though, Lowe's personnal Business interests come 1st, 2nd and 3rd. As I said, he is NOT there for Saints .... purely the PLC. And as Wilde is still supporting Lowe, then he too is there for personnal Businesss reasons too .... he can no longer call himself a SUPPORTER OF SAINTS

Fair enough but what if our attendances hadn't fallen, would we still be selling anyone come January.

Lowe isn't doing it for fun, I believe it would give him great pleasure to see his academy dream come true and be able to support the club without having to spend on high earning journeymen.

It's a catch 22, chicken and egg if you ask me.

Fair enough but what if our attendances hadn't fallen, would we still be selling anyone come January.

Lowe isn't doing it for fun, I believe it would give him great pleasure to see his academy dream come true and be able to support the club without having to spend on high earning journeymen.

It's a catch 22, chicken and egg if you ask me.

Funnily enough .... If ANYONE else were in charge, then I would agree that we would not sell in January

But we have Lowe, and his view of the Academy is very different to ours

Lowe's interpretation is that it is purely a conveyor belt to make money for Lowe's PLC ...... Plus of course, because Saints are no longer in the Prem, he is Selling to "higher" Clubs

Therefore, he has an ingrained desire to SELL any young player worthy of a transfer Fee

To actually KEEP our home grown talent for the purposes of OUR SAINTS TEAM does not even cross his mind

Academy = talent = saleable = PROFIT for the PLC ..... simple as that

It amazes me that there are still those out there that still believe that he ( and Judas Wilde) came back for the benefit of SAINTS ....... sorry, but how thick can you get ??

A decent enough offer for Lowe to feck off!

He stated £50m originally but I should imagine he is shatting himself about loosing him and his share cronies a lot of money so that figure is probably a lot less now.

The problem is nobody is going to invest a bean whilst we are loosing money due to low gate receipts.

but that is the concern Lowe and his cronies did not pay that much for their shares so the current crash in share prices is only a paper loss.

of course Wilde paid a lot of money for his so may well want more.

Funnily enough .... If ANYONE else were in charge, then I would agree that we would not sell in January

Lowe's interpretation is that it is purely a conveyor belt to make money for Lowe's PLC ...... Plus of course, because Saints are no longer in the Prem, he is Selling to "higher" Clubs

Therefore, he has an ingrained desire to SELL any young player worthy of a transfer Fee

To actually KEEP our home grown talent for the purposes of OUR SAINTS TEAM does not even cross his mind

It amazes me that there are still those out there that still believe that he ( and Judas Wilde) came back for the benefit of SAINTS ....... sorry, but how thick can you get ??

This is how I see it too.

Why is that thick? OK - they are looking after their financial interests, is there actually anything wrong with that?

If they are successful then the Saints benefit. Am I missing something here? Am I thick?

Errrrr, or maybe the "stay away fans" have stronger principals than you. To suggest they don't "give a toss" is both arrogant and narrow minded. They do not like nor support Lowe's regime. The current board also make no effort whatsoever to build bridges. In fact, the opposite. Veiled snipes and blaming the fans for daring to stand up against their risky strategy and hypocritical actions. And it is that very attitude (pig headed arrogance and scorn) of the board that has cemented the resolve of those "stay away fans".

Why is that thick? OK - they are looking after their financial interests, is there actually anything wrong with that?

If they are successful then the Saints benefit. Am I missing something here? Am I thick?

If they are successful their dividends will reward them handsomely. That isn't necessarily the same thing, surely?

Originally Posted by SaintRichmond viewpost.gif

This is how I see it too.

What a total load of muppet speak. In case the accounts slipped by unnoticed, how exactly will we get a profit. This is purely about one thing, survival. If we ever get back to those heady days where we are running on a profit making basis, it would be really nice to have the option of discussing whether Lowe was tucking it into his back pocket, but that is so far off.

If they are successful their dividends will reward them handsomely. That isn't necessarily the same thing, surely?

Well not really.

The best dividend we've had in recent times was 5.60p back in 2003 or 4.

If you've a million shares which probably cost you 700K at least you get

56000£. The interest on 700K invested even at high street rates at that time

would come to about 35000£. Since then there's been bugger all, maybe 0.5p

in 2005. so instead of receiving good interest which would be quasi automatic on a high st deposit or even better offshore, you're getting nothing for the last

4 years or so and your investment is now worth diddly squat.

Saints won't turn a profit for at least another 3 years so counting on dividends is a waste of time.

What a total load of muppet speak. In case the accounts slipped by unnoticed, how exactly will we get a profit. This is purely about one thing, survival. If we ever get back to those heady days where we are running on a profit making basis, it would be really nice to have the option of discussing whether Lowe was tucking it into his back pocket, but that is so far off.

Maybe the Grand Plan is to just have a renowned Academy (tie in with GH) and simply develop youngsters and flog 'em at a profit.

Sod the football club, just make SLH PLC a shining example of youth development and rake in the cash.

Mebbee :rolleyes:

Maybe the Grand Plan is to just have a renowned Academy (tie in with GH) and simply develop youngsters and flog 'em at a profit.

Sod the football club, just make SLH PLC a shining example of youth development and rake in the cash.

Mebbee :rolleyes:

I don't think it's even as cynical as that.Lowe has a dream, British Football played by British Players. He's really tried to get involved with the FA and all that (no doubt for his own political ends) but he really does believe that developing our own players and not exporting bagfulls of cash to the third world is the way forward. Or that's how I see his take on it anyway.

Well not really.

The best dividend we've had in recent times was 5.60p back in 2003 or 4.

If you've a million shares which probably cost you 700K at least you get

56000£. The interest on 700K invested even at high street rates at that time

would come to about 35000£. Since then there's been bugger all, maybe 0.5p

in 2005. so instead of receiving good interest which would be quasi automatic on a high st deposit or even better offshore, you're getting nothing for the last

4 years or so and your investment is now worth diddly squat.

Saints won't turn a profit for at least another 3 years so counting on dividends is a waste of time.

Your maths may be a bit out , no one who has 1million shares paid £700000 for them. That is 70p a share i think Crouch paid the most at around 65p.

You forget that many of Lowe gang paid virtually nothing for their shares during the reverse take over

No my friend, I was not including you in my "thick" comment

But I would disagree with you

"If they are successful then the Saints benefit" ... IMHO, WRONG

Remember, you and I go to watch SAINTS FOOTBALL

Lowe & Wilde can quite easily keep the PLC solvent ......... but that does NOT mean that the Football Team need be successful

What Lowe does, and in January will do again, is to SELL any player he can, just purely to bring MONEY in to the PLC, and I wager that none of that money will be spent on IMPROVING the Team....... ( by the very nature of SELLING, he would have reduced the Quality of those left anyway.)

But that is beside the point, with Money got from Sales of players, he can then manage the books of the PLC and his beloved Shareholders, and run that side of things at a profit

Meantime, on the pitch, Jan, or whoever is in charge, has to soldier on with what is left

So, looking after their own financial interests is a far cry from benefitting the FOOTBALL TEAM

You forget that many of Lowe gang paid virtually nothing for their shares during the reverse take over

Maybe, I don't know any of them personally. I was thinking more along the lines

Investco,Mercury Asset and Roger Everett. I'm not really au fait with the reverse takeover, I mean I know the basics but not exactly who was involved and who was on the outside.I think some people actually bought shares at the flotation price of 150p in the first place.

Once we have a positive bank balance,then Lowe will start to pay dividends again rather than invest in the football team.
I tell you what you go and buy 100k worth of shares and not expect something back. All the shareholders could put their money into a building society and get 5% so why not invest it in shares and expect a return on their money?

That is business. From little acorns and all that, you can get all windy and try and bin the new way without giving it a proper chance but myself Im prepared to watch and see if it florishes. We have tried the other way.

I tell you what you go and buy 100k worth of shares and not expect something back. All the shareholders could put their money into a building society and get 5% so why not invest it in shares and expect a return on their money?

That is business. From little acorns and all that, you can get all windy and try and bin the new way without giving it a proper chance but myself Im prepared to watch and see if it florishes. We have tried the other way.

someone bought 1 share today, or sold one to a broker or something.

1 share for 24.5p, symbolism in it's purest form.Either because they want to be part of the Saints Revolution or they're so hacked off they felt the necessity to make this gesture.

someone bought 1 share today, or sold one to a broker or something.

1 share for 24.5p, symbolism in it's purest form.Either because they want to be part of the Saints Revolution or they're so hacked off they felt the necessity to make this gesture.

Quick, where's Trousers? Could be the start of something big!

The point is that you are not supporting your team. You have every right and no need to justify the reasons why you are not supporting your team, but FFS, don't try and call yourself a supporter and then point out how you are not supporting the team. It's makes you look pathetic.

Ah, we have a definition of supporter, as defined by GM.

"FFS, don#t try and call yourself a supporter"

OK, let's see what the dictionary says -

1. a person or thing that supports.

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

But, oh no, GM has a different definition or dictionary that says something else. Well, let's try another link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

And here you will find that the word supporter has been transcended by the more commonly used word - Fan

But let's not hide from the fact that a supporter can support a team or a person, or a group, or many other things, does this mean they all go to Games. Geesh that would be fun, going to watch the Labour V's Conservative game, where would they play.

I wonder how rallying cries of support have faired over the years where teams have requested a show of support, how does that fit in with the GM code for Supporters?

"Here yee, Here yee, show your support for your local team, unless of course you don;t already go, where in which case F*ck *ff"

Oh, I can see how that would go down well.

GM, you may well have a different definition of supporter, but I'm sure many Saints supporters around the globe would take offense. And what about the young, the old and the poor, is it FFS too on them and they should hold there head in shame for not attending under YOUR determination of what 'allows' them to call themselves 'supporters'.

Well, I'm glad this forum wasn't around when I was a lad, because you would've told me I wasn't a supporter. Oh, unless now you claim that you actually meant, you can call yourself a 'supporter' if you pass the GM viable fan criteria, where an age and a poverty line are drawn, and if you fall into it, then you are an honorary supporter. But this is means tested each year, just in case someone calls them self a supporter and they actually aren't.

A simple apology should suffice GM. One word, sorry.

I could go on, but I choose not to, is that ok?

Ah, we have a definition of supporter, as defined by GM.

"FFS, don#t try and call yourself a supporter"

OK, let's see what the dictionary says -

1. a person or thing that supports.

2. an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.

But, oh no, GM has a different definition or dictionary that says something else. Well, let's try another link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_(person)

And here you will find that the word supporter has been transcended by the more commonly used word - Fan

But let's not hide from the fact that a supporter can support a team or a person, or a group, or many other things, does this mean they all go to Games. Geesh that would be fun, going to watch the Labour V's Conservative game, where would they play.

I wonder how rallying cries of support have faired over the years where teams have requested a show of support, how does that fit in with the GM code for Supporters?

"Here yee, Here yee, show your support for your local team, unless of course you don;t already go, where in which case F*ck *ff"

Oh, I can see how that would go down well.

GM, you may well have a different definition of supporter, but I'm sure many Saints supporters around the globe would take offense. And what about the young, the old and the poor, is it FFS too on them and they should hold there head in shame for not attending under YOUR determination of what 'allows' them to call themselves 'supporters'.

Well, I'm glad this forum wasn't around when I was a lad, because you would've told me I wasn't a supporter. Oh, unless now you claim that you actually meant, you can call yourself a 'supporter' if you pass the GM viable fan criteria, where an age and a poverty line are drawn, and if you fall into it, then you are an honorary supporter. But this is means tested each year, just in case someone calls them self a supporter and they actually aren't.

if you dont put in the pot you shouldnt be allowed to vote IMO. I find it hypocritcal that people comment on the club not spending money on players and wages but dont put in themselves. This is not aimed especially at yuo JS

its not better fans its about maturity and honesty. Not having money, working, getting bored, missing premiership -all fair enough.

But protest against a chairman who doesn't do interviews and most can't evidence what he is doing wrong -this time, is either childish sulking, cutting off nose etc or just an excuse. More and more seem to be posting on here that they just think it is b*s*t excuses, as I do.

Everton, Rooney,

WHU Cole, Ferdinand etc

good young players go to bigger clubs.

we are now a smaller club therefore more will leave

simple as that

John, I'll keep this simple so that you will understand. You have made it clear that for one reason or another, you have chosen not to support Southampton Football Club, the main reason being that Lowe is involved in the company that owns the team. You contend that despite choosing not to support the club, you are still a supporter.

I have no interest in what you do with your life and money. What I fail to see is why you and other posters should take "offense" when I state that you are not a Saints supporter because you do nothing to support the club.

Personally, coming on this site or going down the pub and moaning about the club and it's board, does not, IMHO, count as supporting the club. So, apart from this, please tell me what you do with your life that counts as supporting Southampton Football Club.

My guess is you won't get further than the fact that you p1$$ and complain a lot...

if you dont put in the pot you shouldnt be allowed to vote IMO. I find it hypocritcal that people comment on the club not spending money on players and wages but dont put in themselves. This is not aimed especially at yuo JS

I'm sure this is not aimed at me Nick, as you know that I rarely talk about loans, purchases or sales, other than maybe, the crown jewels approach, but not specifically relating to the immediate team. I do this because I believe that others are in a better position to comment on that than I. Also, through not going to games, I can#t honestly say. But then, I don;t, other than to say I hope they do well and succeed, which I have done many times.

its not better fans its about maturity and honesty. Not having money, working, getting bored, missing premiership -all fair enough.

But protest against a chairman who doesn't do interviews and most can't evidence what he is doing wrong -this time, is either childish sulking, cutting off nose etc or just an excuse. More and more seem to be posting on here that they just think it is b*s*t excuses, as I do.

But NickG, you forgot to add, 'IMO', at the end of that, because it is clearly an opinion and not as you have worded as, that IS childish, or an excuse.

You really do need to get off that high horse and chill out a bit. There's nothing you can do about it, my dear friend. Tonight, for instance, I won't be sulking or cutting off my nose, I will be eating dinner with my wife and sending my lit'lun to bed early. You never know, I might get lucky! And who knows, maybe there will be a further pitter patter of feet in 9 months? So, there you go, add that one to your list, making a family, sh*gging the missus, or just spending quality time with the ones you love. But then again, my wife still prefers me to be at home with her than going to watch 'silly football' (her words, not mine, and no she isn't a supporter). Give it 20 years and she might just prefer me to watch Saints! Not just yet though hey, gotta get the practice in whilst you can!

I'm sure this is not aimed at me Nick, as you know that I rarely talk about loans, purchases or sales, other than maybe, the crown jewels approach, but not specifically relating to the immediate team. I do this because I believe that others are in a better position to comment on that than I. Also, through not going to games, I can#t honestly say. But then, I don;t, other than to say I hope they do well and succeed, which I have done many times.

But NickG, you forgot to add, 'IMO', at the end of that, because it is clearly an opinion and not as you have worded as, that IS childish, or an excuse.

You really do need to get off that high horse and chill out a bit. There's nothing you can do about it, my dear friend. Tonight, for instance, I won't be sulking or cutting off my nose, I will be eating dinner with my wife and sending my lit'lun to bed early. You never know, I might get lucky! And who knows, maybe there will be a further pitter patter of feet in 9 months? So, there you go, add that one to your list, making a family, sh*gging the missus, or just spending quality time with the ones you love. But then again, my wife still prefers me to be at home with her than going to watch 'silly football' (her words, not mine, and no she isn't a supporter). Give it 20 years and she might just prefer me to watch Saints! Not just yet though hey, gotta get the practice in whilst you can!

Good luck!

Maybe, I don't know any of them personally. I was thinking more along the lines

Investco,Mercury Asset and Roger Everett. I'm not really au fait with the reverse takeover, I mean I know the basics but not exactly who was involved and who was on the outside.I think some people actually bought shares at the flotation price of 150p in the first place.

Mugs like me paid that price

I don't think you really get it do you? You know full well what I mean by paying customers, people who are prepared to pay to watch the team they love.

Were the stakes, the atmosphere, the pre-match drink with pals as good watching academy football? No, so why use it as a comparison? It's a match day experience!

Don't get me wrong I want Lowe gone, but can anybody can come up with a suitable alternative?

Funny how the atmosphere is no worse with the stay aways!

but it isnt academy football.

academies are under 19's (arent they?), so why should these kids sit in a reserve team?

the average age now is similar to that of the busby babes, and more recently the young arsenal side everyone raves about.

perhaps maybe just maybe, if everyone got down to the ground and supported these kids there would not be a risk of a load of them being sold???

also, would it not be so much more satisfying to see a group of kids come through the ranks together, and get this club back to the prem or even close?:)