Administration inevitable

Verbal Kint

With the news we will have to sell our best players in January relegation is inevitable. We are barely above the relegation zone now as it is and that's with Surman, Lallana in the side. We will go down this season if/when these players are sold.

We might as well go in to administration now and take the points deduction rather than start on -15 next season in league one.

Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde between them have destroyed this football club, and i'm proud of the thousands of fans who continue to stay away from St Marys and accelerate the end of these two morons.

Trouble is, if we do end up going into administration Lowe could well pick the club up for a song.

There will other people out there who will have much more attractive offers than Lowe who isn't wealthy enough (in football terms) to make a difference to the side.

Lowe getting the club on the cheap through administration will NOT happen.

With the news we will have to sell our best players in January relegation is inevitable. We are barely above the relegation zone now as it is and that's with Surman, Lallana in the side. We will go down this season if/when these players are sold.

We might as well go in to administration now and take the points deduction rather than start on -15 next season in league one.

Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde between them have destroyed this football club, and i'm proud of the thousands of fans who continue to stay away from St Marys and accelerate the end of these two morons.

It does not say when the players are to be sold it could be at the end of the season.

There are other people beside Lowe and Wilde involved in our situation

The stay aways are just moronic, my friend. So the club goes under faster (and perhaps needlesly??) because of your (and a few others) dislike of two blokes? Gimmie a break, you obviously dont love the club as much as you think you do, just because you dont want to watch CCC football. Take off your beer goggles and see the bigger picture eh? Administration and the points deduction that comes with it will be THE FINAL nail in out coffin, there will be NO comming back from that. If there is, it wont be for a VERY long time (leeds, luton, bournmouth) - I know we're a "bigger" club than those I just mentioned, but that counts for **** when you've got no money. How can you think your better than the LOYAL fans, when its people like you that are killing the club at the moment? We need all the support we can get ffs.

Trouble is, if we do end up going into administration Lowe could well pick the club up for a song.

It's a risk, but i'll take it. If he does do this then he'll have won and that'll be my love affair with Saints suspended until he departs. No matter how long it takes i won't spend a penny at Saints ever again whilst he's at the club.

There will other people out there who will have much more attractive offers than Lowe who isn't wealthy enough (in football terms) to make a difference to the side.

There are many very influential supporters who have looked at this and are worried that Lowe can pick us up from Administration. It is a REAL possibility.

Why should 'customers' pay money to see a 'product' they could see for free last year?

I don't think you really get it do you? You know full well what I mean by paying customers, people who are prepared to pay to watch the team they love.

Were the stakes, the atmosphere, the pre-match drink with pals as good watching academy football? No, so why use it as a comparison? It's a match day experience!

Don't get me wrong I want Lowe gone, but can anybody can come up with a suitable alternative?

Funny how the atmosphere is no worse with the stay aways!

While I applaud the stay sways for having the courage of their convictions - now is not the time. Saints need all the fans to pull together - forget the politics - even try to forget about the board but don't forget the days like sat when supporting your club is just perfect! FWIW I can't stand the pair that are in charge but I will not stop supporting my team because of them - nobody wins that way.

I hope you're right.

However I do have a really nasty hunch, and it is only that, that Lowe has money men waiting in the wings. They could pick up the club for a pittance, pay Mr Lowe a 'brokerage fee' (which more than recompenses his loss of shares and their value) along with a handsome appointment to the board.

What's that got to do with the first team?

The point is why should fans pay big money to watch ****? Why should they support the club when the best players are sent out on loan to rivals? Now if Lowe hadn't treated the fans as customers maybe more would be sympathetic and support the club despite this. But he's behaved like a **** for 10 years and now he is being treated like one.

No matter how long it takes i won't spend a penny at Saints ever again whilst he's at the club.

I echo that sentiment, and thats from someone who watched Saints from 1979 to 2003, hardly missing a home game in all that time. Last 5 years have been hard to stomach, keeping my distance so not to fund Lowe's share buyback warchest.

I got tickets for Eastleigh this weekend. Local club, Lowe nowhere to be seen, I'm looking forward to a nice afternoon drinking beer and watching some football.

why anyone would want us to go into administration is beyond me. a club of our size will return to the top flight eventually as long as the support is there. stay away if you want, clearly you r fair weather fans...

say what you want about lowe, and i am no fan of the man personally but while he was in charge we were financially stable, including dealing with the drop. we previously had the best squad we had had in 2 decades?, reached the fa cup and consistently top half. was it lowe's fault that WGS walked? ok lowe wouldn't give him the money he wanted but his job was to look after the finances not blow it all and risk the club.

and don't start on the manager thing... it was the players that lost 15 points in the last 5 minutes of games the relegation season... we would have been top half otherwise...

i listen quietly to everyone on here but i am just fed up with all the crap being siad, people need to wake up and smell the coffee UNTIL WE HAVE A POSITIVE BANK BALANCE, WE CAN START TO BUY AND BUILD. we are in survival mode for a couple of years yet. so get behind your club

The point is why should fans pay big money to watch ****? Why should they support the club when the best players are sent out on loan to rivals? Now if Lowe hadn't treated the fans as customers maybe more would be sympathetic and support the club despite this. But he's behaved like a **** for 10 years and now he is being treated like one.

Is this post a joke or dont you understand the Annual Report

why anyone would want us to go into administration is beyond me. a club of our size will return to the top flight eventually as long as the support is there. stay away if you want, clearly you r fair weather fans...

say what you want about lowe, and i am no fan of the man personally but while he was in charge we were financially stable, including dealing with the drop. we previously had the best squad we had had in 2 decades?, reached the fa cup and consistently top half. was it lowe's fault that WGS walked? ok lowe wouldn't give him the money he wanted but his job was to look after the finances not blow it all and risk the club.

and don't start on the manager thing... it was the players that lost 15 points in the last 5 minutes of games the relegation season... we would have been top half otherwise...

i listen quietly to everyone on here but i am just fed up with all the crap being siad, people need to wake up and smell the coffee UNTIL WE HAVE A POSITIVE BANK BALANCE, WE CAN START TO BUY AND BUILD. we are in survival mode for a couple of years yet. so get behind your club

Are you Lowe in disguise? The reason we were relegated, and therefore in this position, is because Lowe was useless with finances. He preferred having 4 players on 10k a week than 2 on 20k. I guess he is right though, Saha and Malbranque were never as good as Fernandez and Brett Ormerod

your last 2 sentences are the nub of the matter and irrespective of results that under current will always be there

I echo that sentiment, and thats from someone who watched Saints from 1979 to 2003, hardly missing a home game in all that time. Last 5 years have been hard to stomach, keeping my distance so not to fund Lowe's share buyback warchest.

I got tickets for Eastleigh this weekend. Local club, Lowe nowhere to be seen, I'm looking forward to a nice afternoon drinking beer and watching some football.

Enjoy yourself but people like you are obviously no use in a crisis as you dont understand the situation at all.

The team needs support in good times and bad .

There are many very influential supporters who have looked at this and are worried that Lowe can pick us up from Administration. It is a REAL possibility.

Lowe had first option on the shares garaged by Invesco and never took up the offer. If he failed to do that for the sake of £1.7M, can’t see him throwing in now? What I can see is someone else stepping up to the plate, but not even sure Lowe would stay on. I have heard of someone else maybe getting involved, but best to load that onto Aunt Sally Lowe to stir the masses, heh!

These influential supporters, not made promises to Wilde previously? Frightened to attach their name until the prospect of administration is out the way or will quickly state what stupidity it was to buy Euell, yet take up Trappist vows about Saga and several others? Or have their toecaps lost that shine to a rubbery glaze after too much business?

Enjoy yourself but people like you are obviously no use in a crisis.

The sell out crowds during the "good times" gave our support but because

of mismanagement and under investment we are where we are...

But that has nothing to do with Mr Lowe does it?

Add to that that it was a mad minority that forced the club to avoid appointing Glenn Hoddle after WGS left. Surely, if we had done that relegation would not have happened.

Enjoy yourself but people like you are obviously no use in a crisis as you dont understand the situation at all.

Bllcks, I gave my support, and thousands of pounds, what did Lowe do, chuck it all back in my face. Its a two way thing this supporting a team lark, Im no mindless sheep pumping money into a crooked empire to see Lowe treat us like mugs while pandering to his little boys club cabal. As long as mugs keep giving him money to syphon away from SFC ltd and into the evil PLC cash converter, he will laugh in the face of us, the lunatic fringe. We desreve a lot better than Lowe, the man is a monster.

Another of ruperts pr men perhaps or just plain deluded??

While I applaud the stay sways for having the courage of their convictions - now is not the time. Saints need all the fans to pull together - forget the politics - even try to forget about the board but don't forget the days like sat when supporting your club is just perfect! FWIW I can't stand the pair that are in charge but I will not stop supporting my team because of them - nobody wins that way.

Thats the same view as me and when will people get it into their heads that those staying away purely due to Lowe are maybe 200 at the most the rest are missing for various reasons ina ****tail, credit crunch, level of football, doom and gloom spread by this forum and others and then you can add lowe to that equation but those ONLY staying away due to Lowe are a very small amount

We need everyone to pull together Saturday was an amazing day and long may those performances continue

COYR

Once we have a positive bank balance,then Lowe will start to pay dividends again rather than invest in the football team.

Is it just me that doesn't get it? I love this club, I have supported it for nearly 40 years, I have made my son love it too, poor lad, even though we live in a PO postcode. It's not negotiable - we are season ticket holders, we go to every home game, we cheer the team on, we groan in despair at some selections/decisions, but we keep supporting and we hope and we keep hoping.

I am not a customer - I am a customer of Sainsburys, but not of Southampton. I am a fan (short for fanatic), devoted to supporting my club through thick and thin and it really, REALLY p*sses me off that when the club desperately needs our help and support so many mealy-mouthed 'customers' and alleged supporters find excuses not to turn up and back the lads who do their very best for us every week. It is nothing to do with Lowe or the credit-crunch or anything else, it is a lot of self-justifying whining from people who can't accept we are no longer in the Prem. We might get relegated, we might have to sell off our bright young stars, but then again, we might yet amaze everyone, and I bet if we are pushing for the play-offs come March all these fair-weather fans will find some warped justification to start coming back again.

It is bloody simple - it is our club, not Lowes or Wildes or some Arab businessman who might buy us on a whim's club. But ours. And to me it is shameful that all these petty people actually think that administration or relegation will in some way be a good thing while they stay away feeling smugly superior to us poor saps who turn out in rain and frost to cheer the team on. YOUR club needs you. Prove you are a true fan, not a customer, and get off your asses and support them at their darkest hour.

Is it just me that doesn't get it? I love this club, I have supported it for nearly 40 years, I have made my son love it too, poor lad, even though we live in a PO postcode. It's not negotiable - we are season ticket holders, we go to every home game, we cheer the team on, we groan in despair at some selections/decisions, but we keep supporting and we hope and we keep hoping.

I am not a customer - I am a customer of Sainsburys, but not of Southampton. I am a fan (short for fanatic), devoted to supporting my club through thick and thin and it really, REALLY p*sses me off that when the club desperately needs our help and support so many mealy-mouthed 'customers' and alleged supporters find excuses not to turn up and back the lads who do their very best for us every week. It is nothing to do with Lowe or the credit-crunch or anything else, it is a lot of self-justifying whining from people who can't accept we are no longer in the Prem. We might get relegated, we might have to sell off our bright young stars, but then again, we might yet amaze everyone, and I bet if we are pushing for the play-offs come March all these fair-weather fans will find some warped justification to start coming back again.

It is bloody simple - it is our club, not Lowes or Wildes or some Arab businessman who might buy us on a whim's club. But ours. And to me it is shameful that all these petty people actually think that administration or relegation will in some way be a good thing while they stay away feeling smugly superior to us poor saps who turn out in rain and frost to cheer the team on. YOUR club needs you. Prove you are a true fan, not a customer, and get off your asses and support them at their darkest hour.

who first called us customers?