Administration inevitable

Verbal Kint

Says you...you forgot to put, IMO, and I guess you are a positive who thinks he is always right !

I am not always right but not often wrong educated and able to think rationally.

By original post was correct there are more negative posters.

The Positive posters are more sensible and realistic there is no need for IMO

I am not always right but not often wrong educated and able to think rationally.

By original post was correct there are more negative posters.

The Positive posters are more sensible and realistic there is no need for IMO

Frankly I have to disagree with your arrogant attitude , I also have had a good education but I do not have to come on here and "big myself up".

The less positives are often not only more rational but think the situation through more deeply than the surafce glossy positives.

Frankly I have to disagree with your arrogant attitude , I also have had a good education but I do not have to come on here and "big myself up".

The less positives are often not only more rational but think the situation through more deeply than the surafce glossy positives.

Well stop making stupid and crass comments if you dont want responses not acceptable to you

There are more negative posters than positive but the positive ones are more sensible.

Well stop making stupid and crass comments if you dont want responses not acceptable to you

There are more negative posters than positive but the positive ones are more sensible.

Explain crasse and stupid comments that I have made...or do you not like anyone to have an alternative view to yours? I have no intention of getting involved in either personal slights or a slangging match, however I am entitled to an opinion! even if it differs from yours.

Even those saying promotion, play offs and we is the bestest:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As of now we sit 4th bottom, that's the realistic part of following Saints at the moment.

Behave yourself UP ! - I've looked up 'sensible' in the dictionary and he's right you know .

1. Perceptible by the senses or by the mind.

2. Readily perceived; appreciable.

3. Having the faculty of sensation; able to feel or perceive.

4. Having a perception of something; cognizant:

5. Acting with or exhibiting good sense:

6. Any opinion posted on Saintsweb by John B

I hope this clears the matter up .

Hey we're 19th now, 4pts clear of Charlton who are 3rd bottom

And I'm pretty relieved that we still maintained a 4 point cushion and next week we are at home whilst Charlton are away at Birmingham.

But let's not mistake that for being overjoyed and jumping through hoops. Just like last season I didn't get much pleasure from just escaping the drop and whilst others were on the pitch celebrating, I was still in the stands relieved and shaking my head wondering how the fcckuk we got into this position.

It's realictic to say that at the moment we are still involved in a relegation battle.

And I'm pretty relieved that we still maintained a 4 point cushion and next week we are at home whilst Charlton are away at Birmingham.

But let's not mistake that for being overjoyed and jumping through hoops. Just like last season I didn't get much pleasure from just escaping the drop and whilst others were on the pitch celebrating, I was still in the stands relieved and shaking my head wondering how the fcckuk we got into this position.

It's realictic to say that at the moment we are still involved in a relegation battle.

I agree that we are in a relegation battle and I didn't go to the last match of the season with a great feeling of anticipation but you'd have had to be a pretty miserable sod not to have got carried away by the euphoria at the end of the match.

I would suggest that anyone who couldn't enjoy that doesn't appreciate what live football is all about.

If you just stopped a second and analysed what you have just said, you would realise that you have put your foot in your mouth.

Did it not occur to you that by saying there were more negative posters, that itself was proof that there was less to be positive about? :rolleyes:

Besides, as has been debated before, arguable as to whether you are more sensible than the negatives, but the positives are less sensible than the realists.

If you just stopped a second and analysed what you have just said, you would realise that you have put your foot in your mouth.

Did it not occur to you that by saying there were more negative posters, that itself was proof that there was less to be positive about? :rolleyes:

Besides, as has been debated before, arguable as to whether you are more sensible than the negatives, but the positives are less sensible than the realists.

should that be realists be changed to negative or doom and gloom merchants:smt102

Meanwhile, back at last-chance saloon, I am optimistic that we can stay up and avoid relegation which would certainly pre-empt administration imo - PROVIDED Mr Lowe does not sell off ANY of todays team in January - the team that has gone several games without defeat.

It is up to Rupert. After better performances he now has the ammo to talk positively to the bank. If attendances continue to steadily improve that would help him too.

Meanwhile, back at last-chance saloon, I am optimistic that we can stay up and avoid relegation which would certainly pre-empt administration imo - PROVIDED Mr Lowe does not sell off ANY of todays team in January - the team that has gone several games without defeat.

It is up to Rupert. After better performances he now has the ammo to talk positively to the bank. If attendances continue to steadily improve that would help him too.

For several...insert 3

Is it just me that doesn't get it? I love this club, I have supported it for nearly 40 years, I have made my son love it too, poor lad, even though we live in a PO postcode. It's not negotiable - we are season ticket holders, we go to every home game, we cheer the team on, we groan in despair at some selections/decisions, but we keep supporting and we hope and we keep hoping.

I am not a customer - I am a customer of Sainsburys, but not of Southampton. I am a fan (short for fanatic), devoted to supporting my club through thick and thin and it really, REALLY p*sses me off that when the club desperately needs our help and support so many mealy-mouthed 'customers' and alleged supporters find excuses not to turn up and back the lads who do their very best for us every week. It is nothing to do with Lowe or the credit-crunch or anything else, it is a lot of self-justifying whining from people who can't accept we are no longer in the Prem. We might get relegated, we might have to sell off our bright young stars, but then again, we might yet amaze everyone, and I bet if we are pushing for the play-offs come March all these fair-weather fans will find some warped justification to start coming back again.

It is bloody simple - it is our club, not Lowes or Wildes or some Arab businessman who might buy us on a whim's club. But ours. And to me it is shameful that all these petty people actually think that administration or relegation will in some way be a good thing while they stay away feeling smugly superior to us poor saps who turn out in rain and frost to cheer the team on. YOUR club needs you. Prove you are a true fan, not a customer, and get off your asses and support them at their darkest hour.

The best post I have read on here for years a true fan of SFC, blinkered and focused on one thing, the club, not on personal animosity and one upmanship.

Who knows Wes but being negative does not really help I would have thought.

In most cases things improve as will hopefully with the Saints

If the club went into Administration, and Lowe was to get it on the cheap, what would be the up and downsides of it?

Would he want to punt it on for a tidy profit? If so, what would make it attractive after admin compared to now (due to it not being a PLC?)? Would he hang on to it and run it how he wants (and how is that different to now?)?

Sorry if it sounds simple or stupid, I don't understands the ins-and-outs of business too well.

Going down is never in a clubs best intrests

Its a shame that we may have to sell some players, but that doesnt mean we will go down for sure

I think any saints fan with positivity is just a freak of nature if you judge us on this message board

"best post I have read on here for years..." yet you've only 4 posts! Hmmmm?!?! Forgive me if I side-step any further comments from you!

What does having a higher number of posts have to do with it, Gordon? Actually I agree with Moonraker & Sidthe squid's comment, surely that's what being a fan is about.

And by the way - Moonraker may have only posted a few times but he's been a member of this forum for longer than you have. But (I imagine) he's like me that he comes and views whats written but doesn't always feel the need to get involved in a slanging match on here.

Is this an IMHO is better than your IMHO argument? ;-) Sorry -I could have equally aimed this at John B

No, it proves only that there are more negative posters -they may be right or they may be wrong but their greater number does not actually prove anything? Sorry to be a pedant.

We must have some Liverpool fans posing as Saints fans on here, they booed their team off the pitch last night for only securing a point at home, which took them to the top of the Premiership.

How terrible for them, you can't help but feel sorry for the poor souls.

We seem to have the same kind of negative fans on this forum.

With the news we will have to sell our best players in January relegation is inevitable. We are barely above the relegation zone now as it is and that's with Surman, Lallana in the side. We will go down this season if/when these players are sold.

We might as well go in to administration now and take the points deduction rather than start on -15 next season in league one.

Rupert Lowe and Michael Wilde between them have destroyed this football club, and i'm proud of the thousands of fans who continue to stay away from St Marys and accelerate the end of these two morons.

well said, even if we stay up it would only be a temporary situation.

Whereas being in league 1 with gates of about 10,000 and no good players left would be a great situation to be in.

Nothing makes me laugh more than the idea that being relegated to League one and going into administration would somehow be some springboard to long term glory, whereas staying in CCC is holding us back and a long term disaster.

It's proper fu c ked up thinking.

Not sure if anyone has noticed that Forest were down there for three years and look like they are heading back there - ie not a springboard to glory.

Leeds are still down there and could easily balls up the play offs again - ie not a springboard to glory.

Sheff Weds were down there for two seasons (was it three?) and are doing the sum total of jack **** e in this division these days and are still skint - ie not a springboard to glory.

Bradford are now in the fourth tier.

Wimbledon went out of existence.

I'll give you Man City, but that was now a long, long time ago, and Southampton are nothing like Man City.

Please can people stop wishing for administration and wishing for relegation like it is actually going to solve our problems. Newsflash: it won't.

And no doubt you lot saying "lets go into administration now" will all be moaning like girlies and blaming Lowe "for getting into this mess" on the day it actually happens if it does. So stop wishing for it, please.

What does having a higher number of posts have to do with it, Gordon? Actually I agree with Moonraker & Sidthe squid's comment, surely that's what being a fan is about.

And by the way - Moonraker may have only posted a few times but he's been a member of this forum for longer than you have. But (I imagine) he's like me that he comes and views whats written but doesn't always feel the need to get involved in a slanging match on here.

Whilst I agree, there is way too much slanging on here (it’s tedious and tiring – especially as it seems to be over the same old ground) I thought having been “a member for years” and having a post count of merely 4 either suggested smacks of pseudo identities (having been a member for so long yet) or they don’t say much at all (I went with the former). Nowt wrong with keeping your views to yourself though. Perhaps they are more like a voyeur.

Nothing makes me laugh more than the idea that being relegated to League one and going into administration would somehow be some springboard to long term glory, whereas staying in CCC is holding us back and a long term disaster.

It's proper fu c ked up thinking.

Not sure if anyone has noticed that Forest were down there for three years and look like they are heading back there - ie not a springboard to glory.

Leeds are still down there and could easily balls up the play offs again - ie not a springboard to glory.

Sheff Weds were down there for two seasons (was it three?) and are doing the sum total of jack **** e in this division these days and are still skint - ie not a springboard to glory.

Bradford are now in the fourth tier.

Wimbledon went out of existence.

I'll give you Man City, but that was now a long, long time ago, and Southampton are nothing like Man City.

Please can people stop wishing for administration and wishing for relegation like it is actually going to solve our problems. Newsflash: it won't.

And no doubt you lot saying "lets go into administration now" will all be moaning like girlies and blaming Lowe "for getting into this mess" on the day it actually happens if it does. So stop wishing for it, please.

Good post.

I'll just add

Luton.

And people my age will remember the excellent team they had with the Stein brothers etc.

I do not hope for relegation, or administration, I agree we must stay up. Probably the

first time I have agreed with CB FRY. However I will always feel that we will be much,

much better without Lowe and his despicable cronies.

Nothing needs to be added to this - sums the situation up perfectly.

I do not hope for relegation, or administration, I agree we must stay up. Probably the

first time I have agreed with CB FRY. However I will always feel that we will be much,

much better without Lowe and his despicable cronies.

I am with you but I would add Wilde to your list.

By the way who are the despicable cronies?

No pseudo identities, I am keen 'voyeur' but as someone who is distant from Southampton with no direct personal contacts and not in the know I keep out of things I have no factual knowledge off. That does not stop me from loving the club I have supported for over 40 years and championing those who express my feelings