Fabrice Fernandes

Saint Charlie

Personally he was very talented and on fire for us and then when he was lunked with Liverpool his performances fell away.

He had one move which was the crop circle and despite other teams knowing he was going to do it they couldn't stop it.

Equaliser home to Everton for 3-3 was a highlight.

You forgot his cross dressing tastes in fish net stockings and nicking ladies underwear.and being one of the first outplayers to bring black gloves to the English game.

Sad to see he's ended up in prison and Saint Charlie's not done his homework in linking this bad egg to Southampton Football Club

http://www.purepeople.com/article/fabrice-fernandes-l-ex-footballeur-est-en-prison-pour-extorsion-de-fonds_a88417/1

You forgot his cross dressing tastes in fish net stockings and nicking ladies underwear.and being one of the first outplayers to bring black gloves to the English game.

Sad to see he's ended up in prison and Saint Charlie's not done his homework in linking this bad egg to Southampton Football Club

http://www.purepeople.com/article/fabrice-fernandes-l-ex-footballeur-est-en-prison-pour-extorsion-de-fonds_a88417/1

Covered under "Reckless Poser"

Sad to see but his career and probably life went downhill fast after he left Saints.

Would make the prison team a better outfit though IMO.

Didn't he do a decent keepie uppie video for the Saints advent calendar back in about, ooh... 2004? Strange player but nevertheless effective. Didn't realise until recently that he came out of retirement for a trial with Doncaster.

Which average Saints player from our relegation season are we going to discuss tomorrow? Nilsson, Jakobsson or McCann!!

From what I can remember Fernandes never got much of a look in that season, which I found a shame as I thought his crossing ability plus Crouch's heading ability would have been very effective.

I was a fan. I saw him run the game at Boro away when we used the "just like watching Brazil" song in the first half only to somehow throw it away in the last few minutes (somewhat typical of us in those days). He was tremendous.

The key is ball retention. He provided a great out. He kept the ball, took the pressure off our back four and ensured we didn't give it away cheaply - much the same as Puncheon does. He also had no pace and was very one footed Like JP. We're had better, but boy have we had a ot worse.

Fabrice was one of wee Gordon's Reform lodgers. Mrs S and Gordon tried to give Fabrice a stable life and help after his first period of troubles. For a while he responded but as his behavior at the Cup final showed he didn't repay Gordon and his opportunities became less until Harry gave him a chance only for him to get injured in his first game back,

Loved crop circles I did. For a while anyway. Remember him more than anything Neil mccann did or for that matter ripley or kanchelkis. We had problems down that right side for a long time . He seemed to be the answer but often no end product. Will always remember intakes of breath when he got the ball. Maybe remembering it through rose tints but thought he was a pretty good flair player.....for a while.

Talented player, but seemed to lose his confidence and with that his career at Saints drained away.

Most memorable moment for me was throwing himself to the ground whilst waiting for a throw in,to take the **** out of a Bolton player for diving a few minutes before. Ref - humourless bastard - booked him.