Where do you see yourself a year from today?

110_Persaint

Following your dreams is romanticised bo llocks spouted by people with no grip on reality. I agree with your final line, get a career that gives you the money to enjoy your dreams as a hobby, i've yet to meet may people who are truely happy that can't pay their bills every month.

I sort of agree with this but money does not or is not an assured way to make you happy. I know people who have money and are deeply unhappy, exception rather than the rule? Possibly but its true it can not buy you happiness, the thing is when do you have enough money to say I am happy now? When you have paid all your bills? When you are retired with no morgage? People still worry but about different things but money of course makes it easier but it does not make you happy, some of my in law family are extremely wealthy and are they happier than me? God knows as how do you guage that?

Edited by Barry Sanchez

I sort of agree with this but money does not or is not an assured way to make you happy. I know people who have money and are deeply unhappy, exception rather than the rule? Possibly but its true it can not buy you happiness, the thing is when do you have enough money to say I am happy now? When you have paid all your bills? When you are retired with no morgage? People still worry but about different things but money of course makes it easier but it does not make you happy, some of my in law family are extremely wealthy and are they happier than me? God knows as how do you guage that?

happiness is a mental stance. i agree

Young people take note - life should NEVER be about 'careers' - more you earn' date=' more you spend, and you dont get proportionally happier - follow dreams and vocations, and work to live, not live to work - or you end up like those sad ****s in the city... loads of money but feck all else.... I am not the first, and wont be the last to say, I should have followed my heart not my head when 18...[/quote']

Nobody on thier deathbed ever lays there lamenting how they wished they had spent more time at work, no it is usually regrets of not spending time with family or getting to visit places etc...

Well spotted. His prediction seemed a tad fatalistic.

Hmm. When I saw his post at the time I thought it was an odd thing to say, but I honestly didn't take it seriously.

It had played on my mind in the intervening time though, and yesterday I realised that I hadn't seen any Saint in Paradise threads for a while.

The post below was his last post on here. Perhaps we've lost another member.

Anybody know Saint in Paradise?

Probably living/based in Aberdeen, working offshore or abroad. Currently living in Peterhead but it's a ****hole and far too small a place to be happy to live in. Plan is to chase the big bucks for a few years while I'm in my 20's, buy my first house by the end of next year and make the most of the gas & oil money while I'm young, free and single. I didn't realise just how good the money and opportunities are in that part of the world til I moved up there a few weeks ago. Just a shame it's 600 miles from home.

Hmm. When I saw his post at the time I thought it was an odd thing to say, but I honestly didn't take it seriously.

It had played on my mind in the intervening time though, and yesterday I realised that I hadn't seen any Saint in Paradise threads for a while.

The post below was his last post on here. Perhaps we've lost another member.

Anybody know Saint in Paradise?

I had a couple of friendly PMs with him before Christmas and I have an email address for him. He lives in New Zealand. I'll chase him up.

Hopefully, have a nationwide cheesecake company with a little shop in the town centre.

Also I will be a fully qualified in holistic massage on my way to be a fully qualified sports therapist.

No more bloody credit management!

Hopefully, have a nationwide cheesecake company with a little shop in the town centre.

Also I will be a fully qualified in holistic massage on my way to be a fully qualified sports therapist.

No more bloody credit management!

Will you have got rid of your missus and moved your boyfriend in?

• 5 weeks later...

Turkish.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you are able to effect business growth by a factor of 20 (0.5m - 10m) through stationary supply? I work as a business development executive for a company that works on an 'added value' basis and that is an astonishing claim. How does that work?

Incidentally, I am on track to be back in Hampshire by the year's end.

Edited by Colinjb

Turkish.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that you are able to effect business growth by a factor of 20 (0.5m - 10m) through stationary supply? I work as a business development executive for a company that works on an 'added value' basis and that is an astonishing claim. How does that work?

Incidentally, I am on track to be back in Hampshire by the year's end.

If I gave away my secrets then id have challengers for top telesalesist in the UK!