Calls to ban virtual soccer thug game

Master Bates

A COMPUTER game that gives Saints fans the chance to become online hooligans has been condemned.

Police and football chiefs in Hampshire want it closed down.

Southampton is the latest club to be added to the website that gives players the chance to sign up to their chosen “firm”, dress in team colours and buy virtual weapons including samurai swords and knuckle-dusters to attack fellow virtual thugs.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/3890896.Calls_to_ban_virtual_soccer_thug_game/

Wowsers :shock:

Disgusting - the perpetrators should be locked away for inciting violence. Anyone who has lost a child to a knife attack would agree.

Yes and on that note....we should ban any film, tv programme or cartoon that has guns or explosions in, shows any form of fighting or anything that may happen in the real world.

Disgusting

FFS! Ban this! Ban that!

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea but there's too much stupid censorship and nanny-statism these days. Who are the pigs to tell tell us what we can and cannot see anyway? If you want to see some real thugs look no further than them.

Pretty soon they'll be telling us what pictures we're allowed to look at. 8) Oh yes! They've already done that.

theres been a game called holligans about for the last 6+ years i played it it was great. But then i can tell the difference between reality and pretend.

Quite. Stamping on someones head in a video game is funny because it is utterly removed from reality...

If i actually saw someone stamping on someones head i'd be pretty appalled...

what a sick world we live in. Just goes to show that the country really is going down the toilet. one trillion pound of national debt, incompetent government, greedy fat-cat bankers, coppers getting eye-watering compensation, unemployment rising and now this sick game.

I hate this country. It is a complete sh!t hole. I just wish I could afford to leave. The only thing I would miss is the Saints. The rest of this dung heap latrine is not worth an ounce of rats ****.

Anywhere must be better than England in 2008.

Like above, I played Hooligans a few years back. Good little game, very much like command and conquer and the first warcraft. I feel there are far worse games out there than this to be honest. But because it is football hooligans the press etc have made a meal out of it.

I have heard that there is a 'leaked' list of all members registered on the 'hooligan' game site.

If anyone knows where I can find it, I'd be grateful. I need to know if any of 'them' are living in my postcode area.

;)

I bet that evil Russell Brand and JR are on it too.

what a sick world we live in. Just goes to show that the country really is going down the toilet. one trillion pound of national debt, incompetent government, greedy fat-cat bankers, coppers getting eye-watering compensation, unemployment rising and now this sick game.

I hate this country. It is a complete sh!t hole. I just wish I could afford to leave. The only thing I would miss is the Saints. The rest of this dung heap latrine is not worth an ounce of rats ****.

you eejit

I wonder where this magical place where no bad things happen is of which you speak?