F1 2013

DG

Good race I thought. Glad to see that Red Bull are not going to run away with it, their car is unquestionably the quickest over a lap but really needs to be kinder on it's tyres. A superb display from Kimi, showed excellent race-craft and understanding in how to get the best out of his car over the full race distance. A three way battle between the Ferraris, Red Bulls and Lotus's for the title will make for excellent viewing.

Shame that McLaren are so far off the pace, similar to Ferrari last year I feel, learning how to make the pull-rod front suspension work for them. They will come good towards the end of the year. Also pleased that Marussia seem to have overtaken Caterham at the back of the grid, they are not far away from the Williams and Toro Rossos.

^ the sooner they mix it up a bit by introducing animals to roam around the circuits the better.

Lets face it, you don't have a good track record of staying awake and Grand Prix's, even when you're there

Shame rain disrupted the second session, didn't get a true feel for the pecking order I believe. The tyres are dying a death out there. Could play into Kimi's hands again, whoever qualifies eleventh will be worth keeping a close eye on.

Shame rain disrupted the second session, didn't get a true feel for the pecking order I believe. The tyres are dying a death out there. Could play into Kimi's hands again, whoever qualifies eleventh will be worth keeping a close eye on.

I shouldn't worry, it's only Grosjean!

Hamiltons BBC column smacks of a third party, management style write up to engineer his image - the first one was ball achingly wretched and the current one is not far behind. Love the guy as a racer and I don't doubt his honesty/humanity but his new Beckham esque public profile push is nauseating and amatuerish. Much prefer last years column from Webber, basic but real.

More action in the pits at the moment. Force India doing both drivers at the same time, having a problem and killing their race, Lewis driving into the wrong garage and a pretty terrible release from Torro Rosso.

Hoping for a Rosberg podium to make some Alonso bet money back.

Webber: "Seb made his own decisions today, and he'll be protected as usual."

Ouch.

Once Webber has won 3 world drivers titles and comprehensively outperformed his team mate for 2 and a half years he'll have a genuine cause for complaint.

Making oneself indispensible always earns extra privileges in life.

Once Webber has won 3 world drivers titles and comprehensively outperformed his team mate for 2 and a half years he'll have a genuine cause for complaint.

Making oneself indispensible always earns extra privileges in life.

Vettel wouldn't be 3 times world champion without the support of both the team AND MARK WEBBER, but just like Schumacher he thinks its all about him

From a fan perspective I'm pleased that Vettel did what he did. To have teams dictate the order that their drivers finish the race smacks of manipulation and sport should be about the best person winning, otherwise it all heads towards WWE sport / entertainment. The situation at Mercedes was farcical with Rosberg easily able to overtake Hamilton but being denied the opportunty and therefore us fans being denied a bit of real sporting action.

It does raise the question of whether there should be both a team and individual world championship determined by the same results and same points. If the teams can decide which position their drivers finsh in then perhaps there should only be a team championship.

From a fan perspective I'm pleased that Vettel did what he did. To have teams dictate the order that their drivers finish the race smacks of manipulation and sport should be about the best person winning, otherwise it all heads towards WWE sport / entertainment. The situation at Mercedes was farcical with Rosberg easily able to overtake Hamilton but being denied the opportunty and therefore us fans being denied a bit of real sporting action.

It does raise the question of whether there should be both a team and individual world championship determined by the same results and same points. If the teams can decide which position their drivers finsh in then perhaps there should only be a team championship.

Would be true if Vettel was racing Weber. But he didn't did he? He wanted the team to tell Weber to move over and let him past. That's not sport it's arrogant petulance.

When he broke ranks Weber let him past so that the petulant little pr*ck didn't end up taking them both out again.

Would be true if Vettel was racing Weber. But he didn't did he? He wanted the team to tell Weber to move over and let him past. That's not sport it's arrogant petulance.

I think it had more to do with Vettel being held up by his team-mate whilst both Mercedes were following closely.

Vettel got on the radio and told them Webber was too slow. Whilst he disobeyed his team at that point and pulled rank (which he shouldn't have) he also proved he was right in what he said because he overtook Webber all on his own and won the race.

Also Rosberg only finished 8.4 seconds behind Webber even though he lost at least that stuck behind a fuel saving Hamilton for the last 6 laps. If Mercedes had let Rosberg pass Hamilton Webber's 2nd place would have been under serious threat from Rosberg.

When he broke ranks Weber let him past so that the petulant little pr*ck didn't end up taking them both out again.

Webber let him past? Really?

That's funny because I saw them battling for the lead almost constantly between laps 44 and 46,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuIe5TeBC4U

before Webber tries to balk Vettel at the apex of turn 4 thinking he's trying the cutback but Vettel does him by going round the outside.

I think ultimately Vettel did the wrong thing but at the same time I think he had good justification in doing what he did in terms of how the race was playing out at that point.

IMO what Vettel was saying was "I'm going to use my DRS to get past Weber, but then he'll use his DRS to get back past me on the next lap, so tell him not to coz I'm the bestest"

Weber let him go for the sake of the team. It's a lesson Vettel is going to have to learn soon.

IMO what Vettel was saying was "I'm going to use my DRS to get past Weber, but then he'll use his DRS to get back past me on the next lap, so tell him not to coz I'm the bestest"

Weber let him go for the sake of the team. It's a lesson Vettel is going to have to learn soon.

You do realise Webber tried to do exactly the same thing at the 2011 British Grand Prix?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/8629942/British-Grand-Prix-2011-Mark-Webber-set-for-talks-with-Red-Bull-after-ignoring-orders-at-Silverstone.html