Negative Words about the Club

John B

According to the echo

Lowe: United cash windfall won't solve financial problems

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3941179.Lowe__United_cash_windfall_won_t_solve_financial_problems/#show

Realistic not negative really

Seems what ever we get from the Man U game is a drop in the ocean to what we have overspent in the last couple of years.

Probably means we still need lots of money from transfer sales

Edited by John B

According to the echo

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3941179.Lowe__United_cash_windfall_won_t_solve_financial_problems/#show

Seems what ever we get from the Man U game is a drop in the ocean to what we have overspent in the last couple of years.

Not surprising with attendances still down on what the club was either hoping for or what they told the bank they would be. I would have thought the Cup game would go some way to helping though.

Once again Lowe uses an article to have a dig instead of looking at the positives - he just can't help himself - and yet still seems to forget it was under his stewardship that we got relegated, the single biggest reason bar none that we are in this mess. If you want the fans to move on Rupert you need to as well.

Not surprising with attendances still down on what the club was either hoping for or what they told the bank they would be. I would have thought the Cup game would go some way to helping though.

Do we actually know what the average attendance figures the club was hoping for?

Once again Lowe uses an article to have a dig instead of looking at the positives - he just can't help himself - and yet still seems to forget it was under his stewardship that we got relegated, the single biggest reason bar none that we are in this mess. If you want the fans to move on Rupert you need to as well.

Perhaps he's just addressing the dozens of posts on here that think the FA cup game receipts will stave off the sale of players. It wouldn't be the first time that points raised on here have been addressed by the club in the local media.

It will be intersting to see whether under Keane at Sunderland despite spending lots of dosh they are relegated.

Three teams do get relegated every season and unfortunately it was our turn in 2005 like it was in 1974

Do we actually know what the average attendance figures the club was hoping for?

Dont think anyone knows for sure but 17 or 18k has been touted about a few times which I guess would cover the costs and service a regular payment to the overdraft.

Only way we are going to get those kind of numbers would be if we are challenging for automatic promotion. Even then the fan base wont be happy with Lowe still playing the blame game on everyone at the club except him.

Perhaps he's just addressing the dozens of posts on here that think the FA cup game receipts will stave off the sale of players. It wouldn't be the first time that points raised on here have been addressed by the club in the local media.

Yes I think that maybe the case but I would really like to know what our current financial situation really is

To that i say NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uHhLe6WE0

According to the echo

Thanks for the secondary back-up spin, Rupert. :rolleyes:

FFS, some people are bending over backwards to hoover up the words of their Messiah.

More truth.

Settling scores is as equally important to Lowe as "rescuing" the club.

Yep, he'd be whinging exactly the same way even SMS was full every match.

Whilst Saints remain a PLC we can never be a sucess because the minute we start making money it'll simply by syphoned off by Lowe and his cronies through bonuses, salary rises and dividends.

That article is a bit misleading. Its all based on assumptions. We would have got some kind of income from this round no matter who we got drawn against. The only extra is the £160,000 TV revenue IF we get televised.

Had we say, drawn Coventry at home, our gate would have been about 15000 bringing receipts for our cut at about £155,250.

Man utd with a gate of 32000 would pocket us approx £331,200.

Thats a difference of about £175,950.

£175,950 might help us just about break even for one month only.

So unless we get televised and earn a replay which is also televised, we would still need to win at Old Trafford and hopefully draw Arsenal away in another televised game before it made much of a slight difference.

We are more likely to get £500,000 for the sell of some one like Saganoski

Which would be relative to the money made so it would be a win win situation, no ?

No. I wa discussing it with a Notts Forest fan and like me he see's the same problem with his club. PLC's are not there for the good of the club - they are there for the good of the likes of Lowe.

No. I wa discussing it with a Notts Forest fan and like me he see's the same problem with his club. PLC's are not there for the good of the club - they are there for the good of the likes of Lowe.

Both Nottm Forest and us are not successful at the moment if we were PLCs might be thought to be a good thing.

Both Nottm Forest and us are not successful at the moment if we were PLCs might be thought to be a good thing.

PLC's do not work in football. Give me some examples of clubs that are PLC's working. I dare say the only example you could give would have been Man Utd - but they are a brand over and above being a club.

That article is a bit misleading. Its all based on assumptions. We would have got some kind of income from this round no matter who we got drawn against. The only extra is the £160,000 TV revenue IF we get televised.

Had we say, drawn Coventry at home, our gate would have been about 15000 bringing receipts for our cut at about £155,250.

Man utd with a gate of 32000 would pocket us approx £331,200.

Thats a difference of about £175,950.

£175,950 might help us just about break even for one month only.

So unless we get televised and earn a replay which is also televised, we would still need to win at Old Trafford and hopefully draw Arsenal away in another televised game before it made much of a slight difference.

We are more likely to get £500,000 for the sell of some one like Saganoski

Yes very true and if we had played Coventry and won we would have got an extra £50K or so for winning and more revenue in round 4

PLC's do not work in football. Give me some examples of clubs that are PLC's working. I dare say the only example you could give would have been Man Utd - but they are a brand over and above being a club.

I dont know what you mean by working

To be successful other clubs have to be unsuccessful

I dont think because we are a PLC we are unsuccessful we just have had a rubbish team without many outstanding players like MLT Niemmi Killer who have played for us for any length of time.

Edited by John B

No.

I do not wish to go into the intricacies of PLC's in football but surely for shareholders to collect dividends the club will have made profits thus more attractive to outside investors(if any still exist) and less beholding to the bank, in any event we seem far off any of that so would rather hear/read the reality of our situation than hear/read how this one game will save us from all our problems, equally it offers a welcome cash injection

Yes very true and if we had played Coventry and won we would have got an extra £50K or so for winning and more revenue in round 4

If we'd drawn Coventry we'd have dropped the prices to about £15 though, as we have in past years. Presumably for Man U we'll charge the same (or more) as for regular fixtures.

I do not wish to go into the intricacies of PLC's in football but surely for shareholders to collect dividends the club will have made profits thus more attractive to outside investors(if any still exist) and less beholding to the bank, in any event we seem far off any of that so would rather hear/read the reality of our situation than hear/read how this one game will save us from all our problems, equally it offers a welcome cash injection

And therin lies the problem. As a PLC we are constrained because the minute we start making money the likes of Lowe syphon it off.

If we'd drawn Coventry we'd have dropped the prices to about £15 though, as we have in past years. Presumably for Man U we'll charge the same (or more) as for regular fixtures.

Yes obviously you are right what you are saying.

But drawing Man Utd who we are unlikely to beat does not mean that the amount of Revenue we get from this seasons FA Cup will be more than if we drew another team that we eventually beat.

Some reveue would have been expected from the FA Cup anyway as the other poster said.

And therin lies the problem. As a PLC we are constrained because the minute we start making money the likes of Lowe syphon it off.

Not neccessarily as money would be invested in buying new players.

Anyway the shareholders not Lowe get the money in dividends which I believe have not been plentifull

But I suppose Lowe is on a bonus related contract and like JP will be rewarded by success.

Even New Labour are apparently OK with rewarding success in the City

Edited by John B

I must say, I am surprised by Ruperts comments. As the Echo described it, Saints have been handed a 'windfall' 3rd round tie. And if we did rake in £500k, as the article suggests, why would this not lead to Rupert making a positive comment? No matter the math, no matter the 'what if' we beat Coventry etc, etc. We need money, JP asked for one of the big 4, it will probably be on TV (unlike Saints v Coventry in this round), there will probably be a full stadium, WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR IN THE 3rd round?

I am gobsmacked at the negativity. Someone have a word with him, this is a GOOD THING, nothing to do with the last 2 years, idiot!

Lol. It just goes to prove that no matter what Lowe does he is damned.

He speaks, he shouldn't, he doesn't speak he should.

He goes to games, he shouldn't, he doesn't go to games "where's the board representation".

He's positive, don't patronise us, he's negative, don't be a doom monger.

The best PR advice RL had before he came back was to stay out of the spotlight. In the most part he has done that and, by doing so, he has starved the anti-Lowe movement of much of their oxygen. Occassional utterances like this, plus regulatory requirements like accounts bring them back though, spluttering to the surface like guppy's on a feeding frenzy.

Lol. It just goes to prove that no matter what Lowe does he is damned.

He speaks, he shouldn't, he doesn't speak he should.

He goes to games, he shouldn't, he doesn't go to games "where's the board representation".

He's positive, don't patronise us, he's negative, don't be a doom monger.

The best PR advice RL had before he came back was to stay out of the spotlight. In the most part he has done that and, by doing so, he has starved the anti-Lowe movement of much of their oxygen. Occassional utterances like this, plus regulatory requirements like accounts bring them back though, spluttering to the surface like guppy's on a feeding frenzy.

Which demonstrates what a liability and what a divisive figurehead Lowe is.

According to the echo

Ahhh, I get it. Fans on the forum air the harsh reality of our demise & lowly *cough* situation & they're negative, not realstic (according to the Lowe munch bunch) yet when the club spell out a negative of our situation, they're realistic! "Standards" & "double" spring to mind for many on the ADMIN INEVITABLE thread (or is Rupert just being "sensible" - depending on your definition of the word!)

Using some logic (judged by Lowe's arrogant inability to accept blame & speak sincerely), I'd say he's preparing us for another garage sale come January.

Or, he may have broken his silence just to wind us up. You've always gotta take his comments with large handfuls of salt!

Using some logic (judged by Lowe's arrogant inability to accept blame & speak sincerely), I'd say he's preparing us for another garage sale come January.

And he'll blame everyone for this bar himself and his little helper.

And he'll blame everyone for this bar himself and his little helper.

More than likely!

You've gotta chuckle a their bare-faced hypocracy. It's like some comic strip, yet not such fun:

Both the main catalysts for our slump yet still pertaining to blame the post grad scientist who walked into the lab & found a disaster - An out of control set of chain reactions, the entire facility disintregating around him & 2 men in white coats *cough* scuttling off into the woods!!

Broken record.

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack.

Winston Churchill.

The difference is you don't have an important point to make, just a pathetic sad little whiny pseudo-point.

Do you really think i care about whether you, or anyone else agrees with me?

I know i'm right and when you know you are right about something you must stand by your convictions

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Winston Churchill.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"

Winston Churchill.

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack.

Winston Churchill.

Sorry what is your point?

Do you really think i care about whether you, or anyone else agrees with me?

I know i'm right and when you know you are right about something you must stand by your convictions

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Winston Churchill.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"

Winston Churchill.

'Don't take things too seriously. It's only a messageboard'.

Wade Garrett

Which demonstrates what a liability and what a divisive figurehead Lowe is.

For 1nce I will agree with you. I dont think there are many that dont agree with you on that TBH.

The trouble is he seems to be the only one out of our current lot that will do what is needed to make sure the club avoids administration.