No Saints goals have been worldies?

Jonnyboy

Is it just me or have we had very few Goal of the Month contenders this season compared to other teams?

I can think few of very few Saints goals that have been long range or really sublime bits of skill.

That's because they usually underrate multiple passing moves with simple finishes in favour of long range shots. Rodriguez against Chelsea was a superb goal.

How many MotD GotM nominees have we had? I can't remember one out of what, 90?

Pretty sure Puncheon's against Chelsea and Lambert's free kick also against Chelsea were nominated. Puncheon's at QPR might have been as well. Take your general point though, we tend to concede more long rangers than we score and that's been the case since about 2010 probably.

Get what you are saying, and yeah it would be nice to get a few more screamers.

But as has been said, we tend to play possession football, looking for the pass, rather than long range efforts. This can be frustrating as hell, as it has been more than once this season.

However, seeing as these rarely go in, I'm happy for us to keep possession, rather than give it away cheaply. Though work on possession, particularly in the final third, could be done.

I would like our midfield to score more goals than they do, especially Lallana who's made his name as a goalscoring midfielder really, but Puncheon's goal against Chelsea in Adkins' last game does stick in the memory. I'm surprised Punch isn't getting more of a look in at present.