Newcastle Away

cryoman1965

Yep, TV games not been picked yet but Spurs v Liverpool and Norwich v Swansea have been moved to the Sunday due to Europa League. The former will almost certainly be picked by Sky. Man City v Arsenal is also that weekend and will be selected but otherwise not too many obvious ones that round. If ours is moved, a Sunday lunch time kick off would probably be the most tolerable like last season.

Yep, TV games not been picked yet but Spurs v Liverpool and Norwich v Swansea have been moved to the Sunday due to Europa League. The former will almost certainly be picked by Sky. Man City v Arsenal is also that weekend and will be selected but otherwise not too many obvious ones that round. If ours is moved, a Sunday lunch time kick off would probably be the most tolerable like last season.

knowing what Sky are like they'll probably pick our game for the Monday night!

Cryoman- hoping for this to get changed as well. Allow some of us Scottish Saints to get to a 'home' game. Last year was great due to both Sunderland and Newcastle away games were changed to the Sunday.

Why would it not be a home game for you if it was on the Saturday?

I've booked my train alrwady... Praying it isn't moved!

Hope it stays on Saturday aswell. Wish they would hurry up and confirm as public transport prices continue to rise as the date nears. Had a plan to fly originally but flight prices went through the

roof last weekend. I get the feeling they don, t care about the fans.

• 5 weeks later...
Lots of discussion in our group about how to get there. Anyone found any good deals on trains or planes for this. Best i managed £170 fly southampton or £106.50 on train. Car clearly cheapest but dont fancy this option. Anyone else using public transport.

Yeah we''ve been scouting around for a decent way of getting there. Cheapest is the megabus but takes ages. Looks like I will be driving up with a mate on Friday afternoon nd coming back Sunday afternoon. Happy to carshare...

Yeah we''ve been scouting around for a decent way of getting there. Cheapest is the megabus but takes ages. Looks like I will be driving up with a mate on Friday afternoon nd coming back Sunday afternoon. Happy to carshare...

We have decided to treat this one as a bit of a one off. Going to fly sat morning ,night out in Newcastle and fly home Sunday lunchtime. Sod the expense we could be top of the league ha ha.

We have decided to treat this one as a bit of a one off. Going to fly sat morning ,night out in Newcastle and fly home Sunday lunchtime. Sod the expense we could be top of the league ha ha.

Fair play! Did look at doing that but going to Arsenal and Chelsea, and with it being so close to Christmas I can't really afford it - going to be a pricey one!

• 2 weeks later...
I just hope when Newcastle come to St Marys we charge them £10 extra like they have done to us. £27 for an adult ticket behind the goal for home fans and we are in the Gods paying £37

well Newcastle have been excellent this season in offering reciprical lower prices with away clubs, they have done this with WBA and Swansea and a couple of others i think, wouldn't surprise me if they offered this to saints on the basis we also lowered prices for their fans and our prat of a chairman refused it

Where are the watering holes for Saturday then? Driving up tomorrow at some point, and will be hungover....not looking forward to it!

Heard Idols is good if you want some girls in not a lot!!

Depends on your priorities. Idols for scantily dressed (or undressed) young females, Bogeda for a decent real pint. Big decision.

Does anyone really need to be told that about Newcastle in 2013? This isn't a pre season trip to northern Moldova!

You got to remember Garret is a young lad exploring the country, filled with wonder about what goes on outside the SO postcodes, it's quite sweet.